You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Longest Journey Branching Points

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2005, 06:37 AM   #1

Default Longest Journey Branching Points

I remember in Longest Journeythat there was one time where I did one thing and a cutscene and piece of storyline happened, and then going back to the save beforehand, I did something else and different dialogue happened with no cutscene! Does anybody know how many of these there are in the game? I want to experience everything One thing I tried was getting April to say she was a virgin and not a virgin alternately on different game loadings and either way the guy didn't believe her lol

Please don't flame me if this has come up before, I did search all the titles of all the TLJ threads...
Old 06-23-2005, 06:52 AM   #2
fov
Rattenmonster

I remember this happening once in TLJ, and I think it was the only time. It depends on whether you agree to go to the cafe on the first night or not.

Spoiler:
If you go to the cafe, you have a vision of Arcadia while you're there. If you don't go, you stay home and watch TV with the landlords and the vision of Arcadia happens in the Border House.

Anyone know of other points like this in TLJ?
Old 06-23-2005, 07:16 AM   #3
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

Spoiler:
Actually, when you go to the cafe a humanoid mole (a Banda) playing a flute appears out of the jukebox via some kind of portal. Then it notices everyone else is looking at him and disappears.

That's the only 'hidden' cutscene in the game.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:24 AM   #4

Yup, that's the only one. But both of them had a cutscene.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:18 PM   #5
Pink fluffy Xmas bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaMa
Spoiler:
Actually, when you go to the cafe a humanoid mole (a Banda) playing a flute appears out of the jukebox via some kind of portal. Then it notices everyone else is looking at him and disappears.

That's the only 'hidden' cutscene in the game.

Yes, that's the only one - it doesn't have any bearing on the story; it just forces the storyline along to the next part
Pretty much both experiences are the same, and make it so that you have to follow the storyline as you were meant to
Old 06-23-2005, 02:36 PM   #6
Shai-Hulud to you

If I remember right there was another point further along the game that played slightly different depending on previous dialog options. If wasn't a cutscene, just an appearance/non appearance of some characters.

it's:
Spoiler:
when everyone is being held "hostage" at the Border House by the vanguard. I think Zack and Mickey can or cannot appear depending on some of the options you take rather early in the game, like agreeing to go to the movies with zack. Never knew quite how you get the different outcomes of that scene.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #7
Elder

Send a message via MSN to RaMa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiajun
If I remember right there was another point further along the game that played slightly different depending on previous dialog options. If wasn't a cutscene, just an appearance/non appearance of some characters.

it's:
Spoiler:
when everyone is being held "hostage" at the Border House by the vanguard. I think Zack and Mickey can or cannot appear depending on some of the options you take rather early in the game, like agreeing to go to the movies with zack. Never knew quite how you get the different outcomes of that scene.
Spoiler:
It doesn't matter if you go through with the date or not. He'll end up either stood up or kicked in the nuts. Either way, Zack will get very pissed.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:39 PM   #8
with extra cheese!

I don't know if this counts, but when you're talking to the Flipper, you may or may not find out how he lost his legs, depending on whether you answer a 'personal' question.

Things like this have no bearing on the general storyline, but it makes me love the game so much more.
and all the signs that should show me what's right and what's wrong have been knocked down, shaken and smothered by previous lovers and non-descript others like me, who don't know what it's for, all I know is that I want more.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:44 PM   #9
merely human

Yeah, I like when that happens. It happens all the time in RPGs, partly why I like replaying them.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien