Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Longest Journey Branching Points (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/8820-longest-journey-branching-points.html)

beatchef 06-23-2005 06:37 AM

Longest Journey Branching Points

I remember in Longest Journeythat there was one time where I did one thing and a cutscene and piece of storyline happened, and then going back to the save beforehand, I did something else and different dialogue happened with no cutscene! Does anybody know how many of these there are in the game? I want to experience everything :) One thing I tried was getting April to say she was a virgin and not a virgin alternately on different game loadings and either way the guy didn't believe her lol :D

Please don't flame me if this has come up before, I did search all the titles of all the TLJ threads...

fov 06-23-2005 06:52 AM

I remember this happening once in TLJ, and I think it was the only time. It depends on whether you agree to go to the cafe on the first night or not.

Spoiler:
If you go to the cafe, you have a vision of Arcadia while you're there. If you don't go, you stay home and watch TV with the landlords and the vision of Arcadia happens in the Border House.

Anyone know of other points like this in TLJ?

RaMa 06-23-2005 07:16 AM

Spoiler:
Actually, when you go to the cafe a humanoid mole (a Banda) playing a flute appears out of the jukebox via some kind of portal. Then it notices everyone else is looking at him and disappears.

That's the only 'hidden' cutscene in the game.

nordic_guy 06-23-2005 08:24 AM

Yup, that's the only one. But both of them had a cutscene.

Manhunter71 06-23-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaMa
Spoiler:
Actually, when you go to the cafe a humanoid mole (a Banda) playing a flute appears out of the jukebox via some kind of portal. Then it notices everyone else is looking at him and disappears.

That's the only 'hidden' cutscene in the game.

Yes, that's the only one - it doesn't have any bearing on the story; it just forces the storyline along to the next part :D
Pretty much both experiences are the same, and make it so that you have to follow the storyline as you were meant to :D

shiajun 06-23-2005 02:36 PM

If I remember right there was another point further along the game that played slightly different depending on previous dialog options. If wasn't a cutscene, just an appearance/non appearance of some characters.

it's:
Spoiler:
when everyone is being held "hostage" at the Border House by the vanguard. I think Zack and Mickey can or cannot appear depending on some of the options you take rather early in the game, like agreeing to go to the movies with zack. Never knew quite how you get the different outcomes of that scene.

RaMa 06-23-2005 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiajun
If I remember right there was another point further along the game that played slightly different depending on previous dialog options. If wasn't a cutscene, just an appearance/non appearance of some characters.

it's:
Spoiler:
when everyone is being held "hostage" at the Border House by the vanguard. I think Zack and Mickey can or cannot appear depending on some of the options you take rather early in the game, like agreeing to go to the movies with zack. Never knew quite how you get the different outcomes of that scene.

Spoiler:
It doesn't matter if you go through with the date or not. He'll end up either stood up or kicked in the nuts. Either way, Zack will get very pissed.

Shodan 06-23-2005 05:39 PM

I don't know if this counts, but when you're talking to the Flipper, you may or may not find out how he lost his legs, depending on whether you answer a 'personal' question.

Things like this have no bearing on the general storyline, but it makes me love the game so much more. :9

Intrepid Homoludens 06-23-2005 05:44 PM

Yeah, I like when that happens. It happens all the time in RPGs, partly why I like replaying them.