You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Still Life review from Gamespot :(

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2005, 01:39 PM   #241

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt
To see the tried, tested and new improved formula of their hard labour constantly criticised by some people must be at the very least baffling to them - especially on a site dedicated in part to the very types of games they produce (you won't find Action-Adventures at Adventure Gamers for a reason).
I bolded the important word.

Some people don't think the formula has been improved. Certainly, Still Life is better than Post Mortem, but that doesn't mean it's worthy of praise in and of itself (my second student film was better than my first, but they were both clearly student films). Some of us still think it's rather heavily flawed, with dialog that went from too broad in Post Mortem to too simple in Still Life (find the happy medium, guys) and certain puzzles that just flat out suck. The voice acting is servicable at best, the characters look a bit too cartoony for the rest of the game, and the ending has been gone over the death on this forum. Certainly, Still Life doesn't add anything useful to the formula, nor does it use it to its fullest potential.

I feel it's a 7.0 game. Post Mortem was a 5.0, so they're going in the right direction, but there's still a lot of work that could have been done.
Old 06-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #242
Gold Elite

I just completed the game and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The ending pisses me off and what annoys me more is that now Microids, CAnada is no more if there is a sequal then it'll probably done by half-wits - Prince of Persia 2 , anyone?

I found her "witty-quips" somewhat annoying and the lock-picking puzzle made me smash up about 3 monitors, but overall an impressive, stylistic game.

8/10