You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Does Anyone know of any interesting PS2 games coming up?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2005, 01:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat
Escape of Monkey Island didn't sell that well and with LucasArts canning Sam and Max I doubt a new Monkey Island game will happen any time soon. The developers behind the Discworld games died a long time ago so unless another company buys the license (aside from the mobile game in development) that doesn't seem too likely either
Mobile Game??
Old 05-20-2005, 03:31 AM   #22
adventure game groupie

There is also a game that just recently was released for the PS2 called Haunting Ground. If you liked Clock Tower 3 you might like this game.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira1981
Mobile Game??
There are going to be some discworld games for mobile phones but I don't know if they will be adventures. Here's the press release:

PRESS RELEASE: Blue Sphere Games Announces Licence Agreement with Mr. Terry Pratchett for the Discworld Novels
Press release supplied by Games Press 13:55 16/05/2005

17th May 2005

Birmingham, UK and London, UK - Blue Sphere Games Ltd., a leading developer of mobile games and content, together with Mr. Terry Pratchett, the world famous author of fantasy fiction, announce a worldwide Licence Agreement for the creation of Discworld branded mobile phone games.

The Agreement grants a three-year, worldwide license to Blue Sphere Games for the creation and distribution of mobile games incorporating Rincewind, Twoflower, the Luggage and other characters from the Discworld series of novels.

Blue Sphere Games has the rights for the distribution of mobile games and other forms of content, featuring some of the Discworld's most famous inhabitants, globally on mobile devices. Blue Sphere Games will develop a portfolio of games, the first of which will be available in October 2005.

Colin Smythe, who represents Mr. Pratchett, commented: "This is uncharted territory for us, and we are much looking forward to seeing how this first game, involving Rincewind and the Discworld, is enjoyed by mobile phone users."

David Bozward, Chairman of Blue Sphere Games Ltd says: "The Discworld Novels are some of the most widely read fantasy books in existence. Through development skills and widespread distribution channels, we can bring this fantasy world successfully to the mobile gaming user globally. "
Old 05-22-2005, 09:08 AM   #24
Old lady who loves games

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira1981
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any PS2 or Gamecube games that are going to be made. I'm a real fan of adventure games, however the console market is not historically very good!
I know that Prophesy is due out in September but that is about it!
Hi Elvira:

I know how you feel about playing on the PS2. Have you played any RPG games on the console. I am an addicted adventure game player but found quite a number of the PS2 RPGs very good. Nothing I hate more than a game with alot of work to it so the games I play are a turn based RPG. At the moment I'm playing Shadow Hearts Covenant and I'm enjoying it very much. Some of the RPGs for the PS2 are somewhat adventure themed. You get a good storyline as well as being able to find things and solve puzzles. If you are not familiar, turn based means you are able to pick your style of fight and then send you character out to do the fighting for you sort of on the lines of the Final Fantasy series. Another excellent game I played on the PS2 is Arc The Lad:Twilight of the Spirits, my husband gets so sick of me rambling on about that game. If you haven't already, maybe you might want to check those games out.

Just a thought

StarLite
Old 05-22-2005, 06:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
. If you can find it, there's also Echo Night: Beyond, a sci-fi horror/supernatural themed first person adventure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhunter71
Has this game actually been released yet?
I haven't seen it in any stores in the UK but on the official website the release date is 2004??
It's been out in the US, though I've only seen it available used.
Apparently it hasn't been released in the UK yet, but I found a release date of June 24, 2005 at Amazon.co.uk.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLite
Hi Elvira:

I know how you feel about playing on the PS2. Have you played any RPG games on the console. I am an addicted adventure game player but found quite a number of the PS2 RPGs very good. Nothing I hate more than a game with alot of work to it so the games I play are a turn based RPG. At the moment I'm playing Shadow Hearts Covenant and I'm enjoying it very much. Some of the RPGs for the PS2 are somewhat adventure themed. You get a good storyline as well as being able to find things and solve puzzles. If you are not familiar, turn based means you are able to pick your style of fight and then send you character out to do the fighting for you sort of on the lines of the Final Fantasy series. Another excellent game I played on the PS2 is Arc The Lad:Twilight of the Spirits, my husband gets so sick of me rambling on about that game. If you haven't already, maybe you might want to check those games out.

Just a thought

StarLite

Thanks StarLite,
I am a big fan of the Final Fantasy RPG's and almost bought Shadow Hearts the other day but opted for glass rose instead. But on your reccomendation i'll give shadow hearts and Arc a go! I have played most loads of Action/Adventures on the PS2! I thing that it is just a shame that most of the classic 'adventure' games get released solely on the PC.
If you like your RPG's you might be interested in Dark Cloud and Dark Chronicle (don't know if you have played them) I think they are great. They are kind of an RPG/Adventure hybrid - good fun though!