Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Bad Mojo Redux unseen FMV (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/8227-bad-mojo-redux-unseen-fmv.html)

nightfan 05-14-2005 08:32 AM

Bad Mojo Redux unseen FMV

Hello. This is my first time here.

I was just looking through the Bad Mojo Game CD when I found the Movies folder. I looked through all the movies, and there were a few that I did not see when I played the game (I already beat it). For example, there is a movie called "Money", where George Washington on the dollar bill turns into Bruno and then changes back. There's also a video called "Vacbag" where Eddie comes into the basement to find the vaccuum on, and then he turns it off. Can anybody tell me how to see these videos in the actual game?

fov 05-14-2005 08:33 AM

Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm going to move your question into our tech section. I haven't played Bad Mojo yet but maybe someone who has will have an answer for you.

-emily

nightfan 05-22-2005 08:25 AM

Come on, hasn't anybody played Bad Mojo? :frusty:

mrdunn 05-22-2005 08:46 AM

That was on the original CD as well, and I always wondered about that, but I could never find out how to get them either.

nightfan 11-12-2005 06:06 AM

Are you serious? No one else has played Bad Mojo?????:frusty: :crazy:

AFGNCAAP 11-12-2005 07:04 AM

Either that, or just no one knows the answer. :D

Nightfan, it's the oddest of coincidences that you revive this thread now, as I installed and started playing Bad Mojo yesterday! I'll let you know if I encounter these clips.

Actually, risking Fov's wrath, I'm gonna transfer it back to Adventure; it's not a hint request per se and perhaps will attract more attention there. In Hints & Tips section, without reading the thread, people may assume that you have some kind of technical difficulties with the game's FMV, I suppose.

*hides from Fov*

Jackal 11-12-2005 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
Either that, or just no one knows the answer. :D

I'd say this answer is most likely.

I really don't remember if I saw those clips or not. As for the vacuum, there are two different ways to get around that obstacle in your roach form, one of which leaves the vacuum ON, so I'd assume choosing that path triggers the second clip.

fov 11-12-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AFGNCAAP
*hides from Fov*

:shifty:

Actually, rereading this thread is giving me the weirdest E3 flashbacks... :crazy:

AFGNCAAP 11-18-2005 11:47 AM

:) Status report: After finishing Bad Mojo I believe I've witnessed (in-game) all the videos from "/movie" folder... except the ones you mention. So, unless we have a case of collective bad luck, they must have been left out, deliberately or otherwise.

Now that I think of it, it must be a glitch - at least in the case of a vacuum. I actually left the table by turning the cleaner on like Jack says, but when I got back (those other way) I found it off. Perhaps the appropriate video is supposed to be shown, but some programming bug prevents it (same way as the video of releasing the mouse mom not always did play for me).

nightfan 11-19-2005 10:06 AM

Yeah, that makes sense. If you leave the vacuum on and then come back, it would be appropriate if Eddie came in and turned off the vaccum that was strangely on (little does he know you did it :)) Well, it must be a glitch then. Did you access the "Money" clip in the game?

AFGNCAAP 11-19-2005 10:14 AM

Nope. I even don't recall seeing a one-dollar banknote anywhere.

nightfan 11-19-2005 06:03 PM

Man, I wish the Bad Mojo Redux Developer Chat thing would be open again. So I guess we can conclude that those unseen FMV are glitches, huh?

nightfan 11-26-2005 05:58 AM

I guess that's it then. :\

nightfan 12-09-2005 02:22 PM

Where's Vinny Carella when you need him???!!

AFGNCAAP 12-09-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfan
Where's Vinny Carella when you need him???!!

:) Rather then bumping this thread, which apparently won't catch his attention, as he hasn't logged on since April, I suggest you either send him a PM (he might have an email notification of new messages turned on) or approach him via email he gave during the Bad Mojo chat.

However, be prepared that he may simply not know/not remember the answer after all these years since release. Or that he doesn't use that address any more. :frown:

MojoAlex 12-12-2005 10:03 AM

As best as I can recall

1) Vacbag.mov doesn't appear in the game. Originally, the game had three ways to get across from the work bench area. (a) blown by the vacuum, (b) short the vacuum and (c) sucked into the vacuum and dumped into the garbage.

As we were designing the game, we trimmed it to two ways and combined the garbage maze with solving the shorting wire.

2) Money.mov was to appear along the bar's photograph wall inside of a dollar bill. It was a tie-in with the loan shark movie.

=========

On the original shipping CD in 1995, there was one other movie called FLOORQT.MOV. That was a test movie in which Phill Simon says "I got a bar to run here." We used that movie to test playing QuickTime movies in game (without a movie controller etc). We used to throw that phrase around our bullpen to indicate that we too busy to chat.

Originally, it was to be a photo of Roger morphing into Eddie. Since it appeared in the first 10 screens of the game, we felt that was too much of a give away. The movie in the actual game uses a package of cigarettes and you don't see the morph until you reach the bar.

For the Redux edition, the CD is a Mac/PC hybrid and I had to remove that test movie for disk space issues.

=========

There's lots of other neat trivia in the game that probably doesn't belong in this thread but

1) There's our team photo on the bar wall as the football team.

2) The calendar girl has a topographical bust.

3) The eye photos that are used in the Den are from various 1995 celebrities' magazine photos including Michelle Pffeifer, Daniel Day Lewis, and David Letterman.

4) Various wacky labels in the game carry names of team members - check the newspapers, pill bottles, shaving cream, carpenter's glue, and urinal deodorizer to name a few.

5) The picture on the milk carton in the Kitchen is the son of 3D Lead Dan Meblin.

6) Inside the aquarium that the cat pulls down, there are two Madagascar hissing cockroaches, Al and OJ, that we had as part of our menagerie. That was a reference to the Simpson trial which was the big news of that time. Our pet zoo also include a scorpion named Simon and two tarantulas, Frieda and Pancho.

7) The doctor and university professor were played by Phill's parents who happened to be visiting. They were actually stage actors from NYC.

Alex

fov 12-12-2005 10:16 AM

Thanks for the info, Alex! It's nice to see you here. :)

natalia 12-12-2005 11:05 AM

I'm playing this game at home now, and even though I absolutely despise roaches (I mean I'm getting shivers down my spine just typing this post!), I can't stop playing. It's a terrific and weirdly fascinating game so far.

AFGNCAAP 12-12-2005 12:30 PM

Hey, we got so much more info than we asked about! Cool - thanks, Alex! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by MojoAlex
2) The calendar girl has a topographical bust.

Sorry if it's a dumb question, but what does "topographical bust" mean? When I try googling it, I get a list of sites I'm not really keen on visiting. :shifty: ;)
Quote:

3) The eye photos that are used in the Den are from various 1995 celebrities' magazine photos including Michelle Pffeifer, Daniel Day Lewis, and David Letterman.
I think I recognized Michelle.
Spoiler:
And, I must add, the eyes following you was a NEAT effect! First time it happened I literally jumped on my chair.

MojoAlex 12-12-2005 01:38 PM

Topographical

Well, if you walk the roach over Suki's bosom, you'll see want I mean.

Oh, one thing I forgot to add was that the money movie was taken out because one of our legal beagles had a problem with "reproducing money." During the development of the game, this was a really sore spot for many of the artists.

I don't recall if this is one of the stories we tell on the DVD or not. If it isn't, it's unfortunate, but as you can see there are too many great stories to tell. I don't think we remember them all unless there's some coincidental event that stirs our memories.

I'm just glad everone still enjoys this game.