You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure I found a new adventure game. (The Lord Of Misrule)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2005, 01:39 PM   #1

Default I found a new adventure game. (The Lord Of Misrule)

Hi all...
I have just emailed this to the adventure gamers team, but I thought I should post it here too.

I was looking in my local paper when I read that a new company (well, their an old company really, cos they started back in the Dragon32 and Amiga days) were all set to release an adventure game.

Its based on a well known authors book and it sounded great...And right now I’m getting fed-up with the shoot-em-ups that all the kiddies want to play...You seen the computer mags these days??? Not a real adventure in sight, unless you call running about shooting things to find a key to open a door an adventure!! LOL

Anyhow, I took a look at their site and downloaded the demo, and I have to tell ya, its BRILL…. Just a total great game. Better than 99% of the useless so-called ‘new releases’ that we adventures have had to put up with.

I thought I would tell you all cos a lot of the stuff on most adventure game sites are either about old stuff or about home-made games (NOT that I'm saying there is anything wrong with old stuff or home-made).
There’s just not a lot of new quality pure adventure games being released in today’s market, so these guys deserve our support IMHO.

Anyway, I gotta go now....but I will be back!
This forum looks great and I can see me being pretty active on it... which should annoy the wife cos I spend far too long on line so she says. LOL

CU
Shane.

PS: I did find a site that had already reviewed the game, http://www.european-graphics-guild.tk/
I think it’s the fourth or fifth down on the review area and its called The Lord Of Misrule.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:00 PM   #2
Jack Bauer loves you

Send a message via AIM to artwking4

Could you provide a link for the developer's site? I couldn't find it.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianetix
Anyhow, I took a look at their site and downloaded the demo, and I have to tell ya, its BRILL…. Just a total great game. Better than 99% of the useless so-called ‘new releases’ that we adventures have had to put up with.
Hmm, you wouldn't happen to be from the development team, would you?
Old 02-26-2005, 02:54 PM   #4
Graceful Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwking4
Could you provide a link for the developer's site? I couldn't find it.
Same here...
Old 02-26-2005, 02:59 PM   #5

"Could you provide a link for the developer's site? I couldn't find it."

LOL....Sure....Sorry m8, I forgot!
The link I found was vdiuk.co.uk, but I just checked it and they are off line till Monday. I remember it said something about that when I last looked at their site, but I couldn’t remember when they were updating it.

"Hmm, you wouldn't happen to be from the development team, would you?"

ROLF.....IF ONLY!

Nope pal, I’m just one of the great unwashed still playing adventure games instead of the oh so c*@p shoot everything games. I just thought I'd tell ya about the game. The demo I downloaded is VERY good tho. Its a 1st person type but it has some good puzzles and is what I like in adventures so hey I’m a bit bias, but I think that the game is gonna rock if its anything like the demo.

CU
Shane
Old 02-26-2005, 04:29 PM   #6
Jack Bauer loves you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianetix
but I just checked it and they are off line till Monday. I remember it said something about that when I last looked at their site, but I couldn’t remember when they were updating it.
Thank you, I remember reading that in my searching, but just couldn't find a link for the page once it did go back up. I look forward to trying out the demo once they get back online.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:52 PM   #7

I read the review on the other side of the hyper-link at the bottom of the first post, and the game sounds great. I hope to see more when the developer's website comes up; so far it looks as if this is another game for my run out and get it immediately list.

Antoinetta
Old 03-27-2005, 12:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinetta
I read the review on the other side of the hyper-link at the bottom of the first post, and the game sounds great. I hope to see more when the developer's website comes up; so far it looks as if this is another game for my run out and get it immediately list.

Antoinetta
Yep, I just went and paid for it too. They have a special offer on at the mo and Im always looking to save some money!
Old 03-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #9
fov
Rattenmonster

That website isn't easy to navigate.

This page gives some info about the game.

-emily
Old 03-27-2005, 04:01 PM   #10

Where is the link to download the demo? I can't find one...
Old 03-27-2005, 04:38 PM   #11
fov
Rattenmonster

Welcome to AG, SnowMoon!

I couldn't find the download link, either.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:26 PM   #12
Jack Bauer loves you

http://www.vdiuk.co.uk/lomrchecker.zip

It's the downloader program for the demo. I tried it last month, but it kept saying there were too many people logged in. I'll try it again and see, but I don't know.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:34 PM   #13

Wow, I think I'll pass. I like to stay away from demons
Old 03-27-2005, 06:37 PM   #14
Adventure Addict

Why do I have a feeling you have some sort of connection with the developers of this mysteriously hard to find adventure?

I found the same post you just made HERE
Quote:
Hi all... GREAT SITE!

I have emailed you before but never got a reply, so I dont know if your updating this site or not, but.........Heres a bit of NEW news for ya.

I was looking in my local paper when I read that a new company (well, their an old company really, cos they started back in the Dragon32 and Amiga days) were all set to release an adventure game.

Its based on a well known authors book and it sounded great...And right now I’m getting fed-up with the shoot-em-ups that all the kiddies want to play...You seen the computer mags these days??? Not a real adventure in sight, unless you call running about shooting things to find a key to open a door an adventure!! LOL

I thought I would tell you all cos a lot of the stuff on most adventure game sites are either about old stuff or about home-made games (NOT that I'm saying there is anything wrong with old stuff or home-made)
There’s just not a lot of new quality pure adventure games being released in today’s market, so these guys deserve our support IMHO.

Anyway, I gotta go now....but I will be back!
This site looks great and I can see me being pretty active on it... which should annoy the wife cos I spend far too long on line so she says. LOL

CU
Shane.

PS: I did find a site that had already reviewed the game, http://www.european-graphics-guild.tk/
I think it’s the fourth or fifth down on the review area.
I could be wrong.. but this is just weird. There's this new and un-heard-of adventure game that appears out of nowhere to a community full of people who thrive on finding new adventure games.

Then I find this on the game's website..
Quote:
Well, the site is now updated and you can now go to the download page to download a sample E-Book of TLOM. Please note that to run this E-Book you MUST unzip the file to a directory and then just run the EXE file. It has been virus checked and is clean.
So, what..? This is the demo? An e-book that's... an exe? Weird, once again. Hey, at least it's been scanned for viruses!

Oh.. and if you go to the area where can PURCHASE this game (wait, no screenshots? no demo? barely any info at all?) It links you to THIS. (yes, that's where you actually "order" crap from this guy...)

But wait! THATS NOT ALL! If you order within the next 3 seconds............!!
Quote:
The normal retail price (The one you will pay in the shops) is £24.99, but for the first 500 people who buy it from this site, you will only pay the special price of just £4.99. That’s an 80% discount, and you will only get this discount if you order from this site.
I have a feeling this game doesn't exist. I also have a feeling theres people out there hyping up this "game" hoping people will order it (and, of course, will never recieve anything in return). I've seen a lot of people duplicating these "this game is great" threads on various forums around the net. The demo "downloader" says theres too many people already downloading the demo (it says theres currently 350 downloads).. for a game nobody's heard of. Sorry, but if this were any fishier, it would be floating at the bottom of the atlantic. I'll pass.

Thanks,
-Inspector Gadget

P.S. You can find the author's website HERE and the supposed "game" HERE

I don't know why theres a largely detailed review for this game on the site posted by the author of this thread.. but then again, I don't know why there's a site detailing the culture and life of inhabitants on antarctica (there are none). Check it out here.... its quite funny actually

Last edited by badmojo; 03-27-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:04 PM   #15
Jack Bauer loves you

This DOES seem fishier and fishier. I was never even able to find where you could purchase the game, or even a price. The "developer's" website is not very informative, and not easy to navigate through. I don't really know what to think about this anymore.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:42 AM   #16

I will definitely not use a download program from an unreliable source. They can tell me a thousand times that the program has been virus checked, it still can be a trojan horse.
If they want me to try their game, they better provide other download sources.
I don't understand, why they make it so hard for us to get the demo. Where are the screenshots? Why is the site such a mess? They have no idea how to release a game, that is for sure.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:41 AM   #17

I found the answer to this mystery: Friday is April, 1st. This is an April's fool.
Funny, yes, actually quite funny.
Old 03-28-2005, 06:24 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitzingmarko
I found the answer to this mystery: Friday is April, 1st. This is an April's fool.
Funny, yes, actually quite funny.
It's too soon for April Jokes.
But... check top banner carefully: http://thelordofmisrule.net/

Perhaps, it's a promotion for a book?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:33 AM   #19
Jack Bauer loves you

This thread was also posted last month. Way too soon for an April Fool joke (speaking of which, I can hardly wait for all of the fake Sam & Max game announcements this Friday... ).

The way I understood it, the game was supposed to be based on the book. But I haven't even been able to find the book for sale anywhere or even any mention it (there are others books, but not by "Ray Clark"). While I was searching for information about the game, though, I did find the website of a guy who said he was a freelance artist and did some concept artwork for this game. So some obscure website of some artist's offhand mention of his contribution to the game lent some shred of credibility to the whole thing, for me at least. But after that, I couldn't find anything else about this game. The fact that the demo isn't at least mirrored somewhere is enough to make me just forget about this one for the time being.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:12 AM   #20

Hmmm... the official site doesn't look too interesting and the concept work looks kinda subpar. However, that tiny screenshot on the developer's site looks kind of interesting.