You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2005, 11:51 PM   #1
Banned User

Default Capri?

Anyone know anything about that game? I came across it at EB today. It said "Like Myst, only it's set in a real place!" or something like that.
Old 02-12-2005, 12:17 AM   #2

It is a beautiful game. Like Myst, it is shown in slideshow format, like Myst, characters are few, like Myst, its first person, unlike Myst, the puzzles aren't primarily mechanical, and unlike Myst, the location is real; the isle of Capri. An adventure story is set within about 4500 spectacular snapshots from about the island. An in-game map helps you determine your location.

I don't remember too much about the story other than you start as a modern day tourist to Capri, and suddenly get caught up in some kind of time-space warp, as you suddenly find yourself in a fictionalized 16th century Isle of Capri; the challenge is, of course to return to your own space-time. Unfortunately I had it loaded on my computer only about a month before the entire machine crashed, and the hard-drive had to be wiped clean; sometime I will have to get around to re-loading and starting this game again.

Incidentally, the game was made by the Capri tourist agency.

Antoinetta
Old 02-12-2005, 01:05 AM   #3
Bearly Here

Quote:
Incidentally, the game was made by the Capri tourist agency.
That was a nice summation of the main story starting point except errr The Sevarese's who worked so hard on this game and are at work on a 2nd game AnaCapri were the developers of this title.

The mistake is understandable as the Capri Chamber of Commerce and Tourism office featured the game on their official site for some time.

The full name is A Quiet Weekend in Capri

Their official site is here: Home Site - Capri Game

also ---

Capri Game

AG review - Quiet Weekend In Capri

Interview with the Sevarese's

Last edited by LauraMac; 02-12-2005 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:00 AM   #4
Fienepien

I liked the game. It's very non-linear and has some hard but good puzzles, although at first you have to do several errands for other people.
Be prepared for a lot of aimlessly wandering and backtracking. Map or no map, it's easy to get hopelessly lost.

Old 02-12-2005, 04:26 AM   #5
Chocolate addict

I really drooled over this game when it came out - it sounded wonderful. But when I managed to get a copy I couldn't get into it. The photographs were all REAL. It was like walking around someone's holiday snaps. Besides, I got lost....

I really must get a w/t and try again. Those who've done it all say it was lovely and worth doing. Don't be put off by me - I've become impatient nowadays.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:47 AM   #6

I personally didn't like it. It felt like any other generic myst clone with pretty pictures. I agree with the review on Adventure Gamers 100%
Old 02-12-2005, 08:16 AM   #7
Adventure Games Freak

Send a message via AIM to Adamboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by temporaryscars
Anyone know anything about that game? I came across it at EB today. It said "Like Myst, only it's set in a real place!" or something like that.
Yeah, I've also came across that game about a month and a half ago at an APPLE store.. It looked kinda interesting, but too "caturey" for me.. Like they took stills of the whole Island or whatever.. dunno, didn't attract me to buy it that much.