You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Grim Fandango Score

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2004, 12:23 PM   #1

Default Grim Fandango Score

Hey all,
I recently got nostalgic and remembered how much I loved the soundtrack for Grim Fandango.
I was wondering if anybody knows where I could purchase it. I have looked on the lucas arts site but its not on there, and on http://www.synsoniq.de but its been "Sold Out" for awhile.
If anyone can help me find this to buy, I would greatly appreciate it. I really feel the need to purchase this soundtrack.

Thanks,
Gareth B.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:27 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Sirus

You can download the whole thing here.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:31 PM   #3

Huh?

No way!

You have no idea how long I've been looking for that!

Awesome!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:57 PM   #4
Doctor Watson

Hey, I actually replied to your question about it in an age-old thread a while ago.

Well, no wonder it went unnoticed. It was just anoter thread awoken for a brief period...

Last edited by deadworm222; 12-20-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:08 PM   #5
Doctor Watson

Correct me if I'm wrong: That's not exactly legal, but LucasArts knows about the soundtrack being online it and doesn't seem to have a problem with it.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:44 PM   #6

This is why file-sharing is good. Some stuff is just impossible to get your hands on... and besides music should be shared the world over. It's purpose is not to buy Missy Eliott a new ferrari.

I don't actually use bittorrents and the like myself, mainly because I can't be asked but also because it slows down the internet too much... but I make a point of sharing mp3s with my friends and I have in fact bought several albums after listening to the mp3 versions. I do buy music that I really like.

Here's another good point.

Specifically...

Quote:
There are conversations to be had about the morality of file sharing, but until those stern words are able to project a "morality field" that causes those in their radius to behave honorably such dialogues fall into the "adorable but irrelevant" category.
Also, who actually cares what LucasArts think anymore?
Old 12-20-2004, 02:54 PM   #7
Doctor Watson

People who might potentially be sued.

Filesharing with "close friends" is legal, at least in Finland.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:24 AM   #8
iddqd

Sorry to revive and old thread, but I did a casual search about the Grim Fandango OST, and I couldn't really find any information about when/if GrimFandangoNetwork will be back online so the OST will be able to be downloaded again.

If someone could fill me in, or provide a link to another host which has it, it would be much appreciated.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingBLAOW View Post
Sorry to revive and old thread, but I did a casual search about the Grim Fandango OST, and I couldn't really find any information about when/if GrimFandangoNetwork will be back online so the OST will be able to be downloaded again.

If someone could fill me in, or provide a link to another host which has it, it would be much appreciated.
Check your favorite torrent tracker. I don't know what the rules are on this site so I will refrain from posting the one I found it in, but a quick search should help you locate it.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:26 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokieman View Post
I don't know what the rules are on this site so I will refrain from posting the one I found it in, but a quick search should help you locate it.
Just so you are aware:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The AG FAQ
What's not OK to post?
You are solely responsible for everything you submit to the Adventure Gamers forums. We retain the right to delete or lock any messages or threads deemed inappropriate (e.g. flames, spam).

We have a zero tolerance policy on pirated software. Any messages soliciting or promoting warez will be immediately deleted and posting privileges will be revoked.

We kindly request that you do not post links to so-called 'abandonware'. Although we sympathize with the preservation of games that have gone out of print, abandonware is a murky legal ground we choose not to tread.
The 'zero tolerance' covers anything that treads murky legal ground.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:53 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin View Post
Just so you are aware:

The 'zero tolerance' covers anything that treads murky legal ground.
Got it, thanks.
Old 10-24-2006, 10:16 AM   #12
iddqd

I appreciate the advice, but I can't access any form of p2p file-sharing sites where I am located, so I was hoping to find another way.

Thanks for your help though!
Old 10-29-2006, 05:48 AM   #13

Sorry to bring up this really old thread. Grim Fandango is one game I've only heard good things about. I'm thinking of seeing if I can purchase it. But I wonder how good it is compared to today's games. The stills of the game don't appeal to me. Yet so many people love the game. Is it a timeless game that is worth buying after all these years?

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)
Old 10-29-2006, 05:53 AM   #14
Under pressure.

The backgrounds are pre-rendered, and therefore very detailed, even compared to modern games. The 3D character models are a bit simplistic, but it doesn't bother me at all. Maybe because most of the characters are skeletons, you don't really notice

The atmosphere is awesome, because of the excellent music, voice acting, and of course the whole story.

--Erwin
Old 10-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #15
Super Moderator

I loved the game. If you have a gamepad, it's worth using with this game. Controlling Manny is much less frustrating.

Here's a scene from Year 2 in the game

Old 10-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #16
Grah! Grah!

It's better than most of today's games by a huge margin, though the visuals are one of the things that make it exceptional so if you don't find them appealing you may just have no taste whatsoever, in which case you may not enjoy the game.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #17
Fop
Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron

If you don't fall in love with Grim Fandango, you're broken. Even if you had to pay full price for it, there is no game released after it that would give you more value.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #18
Protector of the Seal

I have the original Grim Fandango soundtrack, but I had no idea they put out a second, much more complete one. Downloaded.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fop View Post
Even if you had to pay full price for it, there is no game released after it that would give you more value.
Grim Fandango is one of a few games I actually feel like I should have payed more for. It's superbly done.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie68 View Post
I loved the game. If you have a gamepad, it's worth using with this game. Controlling Manny is much less frustrating.

Here's a scene from Year 2 in the game

The scene does look appealing. Thanks, Melanie68 ... and everyone for your comments. This definitely seems like a game I would enjoy playing.

Does anyone know if it plays on XP?

Favorite Adventure Games:
Riven, The Longest Journey 1, Syberia 1 & 2, Grim Fandango, Still Life 1, Broken Sword Series, Lost Crown

Heavy Rain (Action/Adventure)

Last edited by AprilLives; 10-31-2006 at 07:06 AM. Reason: question