Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Curse of Blackmoor Manor Rox (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/5643-curse-blackmoor-manor-rox.html)

svsxx2004 11-18-2004 01:05 PM

Curse of Blackmoor Manor Rox

has anyone ever played 'curse of blackmoor manor? well, if you did you probably had a lot of fun playing it. i kno i did. to those who haven't played it yet, you definitely should play it. once you start playing, you'll be hooked...

Stinger 11-18-2004 08:23 PM

And I will take this opportunity to mention that our review will be running next week.

ADVENTURE-RAIDER 11-19-2004 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svsxx2004
has anyone ever played 'curse of blackmoor manor? well, if you did you probably had a lot of fun playing it. i kno i did. to those who haven't played it yet, you definitely should play it. once you start playing, you'll be hooked...

Is that a Nancy Drew game? Never was a fan of that series.

eriq 11-19-2004 03:05 PM

I am in the middle of Danger on Deception Island and it's fabulous. I already purchased the new Blackmoor Manor and I can't wait to play it... after I finish Half Life 2!! SO MANY GAMES!

No to mention Metroid Prime 2. AAAH!

I love the Nancy game because you are constantly learning something new. I had to learn how to play Chess in Danger on Deception Island. I never knew how before. And I also learned how to distinguish different whale sounds. LOL.

cbminfo 12-19-2004 07:23 AM

Blackmoor review

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger
And I will take this opportunity to mention that our review will be running next week.

I probably shouldn't be addicted to LauraMac's reviews. she gave csi miami a 2.5. But after playing csi miami, I'm even more addicted to her reviews. If she thought csi miami only deserved 2.5, [I gave it 5 out of 5 myself] and handed a 4.5 to blackmoor I now have blackmoor also and made it into the castle. And if it hadn't been for the familiarization section at bootup for a new game, I probably would have never even opened her suitcase.

So far I'm 0 for 0 with blackmoor. I see a repeat of my experience with Deja Vu. Never got a block from home.

Though I would say the harder it is to solve, the better it is, though I'm not real sure I now like the idea of having to finish it in 25 hours. I've already used 12 hours just by arriving at midnight.

My next gripe about it would be.. That it's popularity has turned the google search for the real blackmoor castle into a nightmare of useless pages dedicated to Nancy Drew at Blackmoor manor. Prime time for a school teacher to assign a history report on the real blackmoor manor. Closest I got to finding more info on the real castle was a link to the Blackmoor country club.

Antoinetta 12-19-2004 10:53 AM

I have played and enjoyed all of the Nancy Drews, and each seems to be, in general, a slight improvement on the previous game. Blackmoore Manor continues this, except in my case, I got maybe a third of the way into the game, and it will no longer run. My computer tosses up a message saying that some file or other cannot be found. So far, for me, Game Over.

Antoinetta

cbminfo 12-19-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antoinetta
I have played and enjoyed all of the Nancy Drews, and each seems to be, in general, a slight improvement on the previous game. Blackmoore Manor continues this, except in my case, I got maybe a third of the way into the game, and it will no longer run. My computer tosses up a message saying that some file or other cannot be found. So far, for me, Game Over.

Antoinetta

I would think do an uninstall then reinstall it. I'm only on my 2nd day with it. I've avoided cheats so far. And it's not simple, but definitely a challenge. I took and made screen caps of just about everything. Now having trouble juggling 20+ full screen images.