You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2004, 01:23 PM   #1
I needed a dare

Default Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths

Is this game worth buying?
Old 10-21-2004, 01:46 PM   #2
guybrush_guy

ehhh, i bought the game and could only get so far becuase i got extreamly anoyed with the main charictures voice. from what i heard it's a good game. i'd say go for it. from what i played i enjoyed, other then the voice

Old 10-21-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
ehhh, i bought the game and could only get so far becuase i got extreamly anoyed with the main charictures voice. from what i heard it's a good game. i'd say go for it. from what i played i enjoyed, other then the voice

you too huh? I couldn't play at all due to that grating voice!! It was horrible! And it's too bad too because the graphics and story were really well done.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:39 PM   #4
Under pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop
Is this game worth buying?
That depends on the price, now doesn't it?

--Erwin
Old 10-21-2004, 04:04 PM   #5

It's a solid game with good art dirrection with spotty puzzles and Voice Acting.

BUT the part that really hug me up with the Interface. It's the CMI/Full Throttle style interface but it's large and clunky.

Still, if you liked.....say...Runaway, you'll like it.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:05 PM   #6
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
That depends on the price, now doesn't it?

--Erwin
i got mine online for 4.99 plus shipping

Old 10-21-2004, 04:11 PM   #7
LucasKeen

I really enjoyed Tony Tough (I'm quietly anticipating Tony Tough 2 ). I actually didn't find Tony's voice that annoying. The game has great puzzles, music, and voice-acting. The downfalls are that sometimes the humor flops and the puzzles are a bit of a stretch. If you loved the classic Lucasarts adventures, this is well worth your money.

However, my problem is that I bought the game used, and I don't know if I got a defective copy or what, but my game always freezes up after about 45 minutes of gameplay.

Some of my games, like Day of the Alien: Tentacles Ate My Babysitter, Goodbye Monkey Island, and Maniac Mars are at Beyond the Pogo
Old 10-21-2004, 06:05 PM   #8
I needed a dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Adventurer

Still, if you liked.....say...Runaway, you'll like it.
So I wont like it? And the price is around 15 bucks.
Old 10-21-2004, 07:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i got mine online for 4.99 plus shipping
Lucky. I cant find it under 20 dollars. I dont really mind the geeky voice considering the character is supposed to be a geek.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:15 PM   #10
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blondebeard
Lucky. I cant find it under 20 dollars. I dont really mind the geeky voice considering the character is supposed to be a geek.
Yea, well Bernard from Day of the Tentacle was a geek too but his voice wasn't nearly as grating. Tony's voice is just... eyugh. <--- the only sound that comes to mind.

Hopefully they'll find another actor to do the voice in the second game. I really liked the concept art I saw. And I still think the graphics in the original game were something special. I may just go back and play with the voices off. Is there an option to do so? I forget.

Last edited by eriq; 10-21-2004 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:13 AM   #11
Evil Webmaster

The funny thing is, in the italian version of Tony Tough the best voice of the bunch is Tony's, the rest is actually quite annoying and grating. This, of course, because of the usual italian 'cheap' dubbing methods of using three actors to dub 30 characters. So they all sound the same over and over again, and I don't even like one of these three actors.

Except from that, it's a fairly fun and decent AG, which I would say is quite rare these days. I would spend no more than 15 dollars on it.
So there you go
Old 10-22-2004, 08:40 AM   #12

got game store has it for 12.99 but its backordered..

amazon has it for 9.95
Old 10-22-2004, 09:41 AM   #13

Why not turn off the speech? to text-only?
Old 01-09-2005, 06:01 PM   #14

I paid US$ 10 for this game, and I don't think it is worth more than that. The graphics are horribly dated, but that's not really the bad thing about the game. The real problem is that the game has very illogical puzzles, even for a comedy adventure game, some of them with utterly ridiculous solutions. So you will either end up terribly frustrated because you cannot imagine how to progress, you will end up resorting to walkthoughs because you can't take it anymore.

Aside from that, the humor is a bit forced, way too much over the top. The English voice acting is not bad, but it is not very good either - you will recognize several voices from the people who did Runaway.

Overall I'd say this is bargain bin material. It has some positive aspects, like lots and lots of useless, witty/funny dialogue options that take you nowhere but are clever enough to warrant a chuckle, but the illogical puzzles are too much for anyone to cope up with.