You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Just finished Syberia...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2004, 12:17 AM   #21

Just read Intrepid's essay and I have to say it is amazing! I have never read such an in-depth analysis of the characters and symbolism of an adventure game before.

What captured me personally in the first part of Syberia was the mood of gentle sadness that seemed to pervade the whole game from the graphics to the plot. It had a melancholy feel to it that reminded me of some old Russian folk songs or composers like Sergei Rachmaninov and Tchaikovsky.

Syberia 2 was still stunningly beautiful to look at, but for me personally it lacked the sense of wonder and nostalgia that made the first part so extraordinary.

A funny aside: when I was at a bookshop yesterday, I came across a book written by a Kate Walker! I half expected it to be about mammoths... but no... unfortunately *this* Kate Walker seems to be a romance writer.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:22 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov

Syberia I and II were originally going to be one long game, which may be why it felt like it ended abruptly to you.

-emily
I suspected as much. Wow, that really explains things.
Old 09-09-2004, 12:06 PM   #23
Escaped Monkey Island

Oscar must be a metaphor for an annoying character who requires you to get a stupid ticket even though it's pointless.....

/joking/venting
Old 09-10-2004, 11:32 PM   #24

2 big adventure games get released in the UK on 29th October. I have pre ordered them from Amazon

1. Moment of Silence
2. Martin Mystere