You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure I just bought Broken Sword 3 for the Xbox

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 09:18 PM   #21

I would say that in my experience with the Xbox version, the average load screen time was 45 seconds to 1 minute. In addition to that wonderful piece of news, my understanding is that there were a lot more load screens in the xbox version than the PC version. For instance, in the Paris street and inside the theatre, almost every new room, and/or hallway section required a load screen. If only this were the sole disappointment in BS3.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:44 PM   #22
I needed a dare

jeez that's not good...how does it compare to the other 2 games? I'm hoping it plays more like 1 and less like 2.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:05 PM   #23
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop
jeez that's not good...how does it compare to the other 2 games? I'm hoping it plays more like 1 and less like 2.
In terms of how it plays, it's not very similar to either of them. 1 plays pretty similarly to 2 in my opinion, even if think the second isn't as good a game (with which I'd agree). It's direct-control, for one thing, like Grim Fandango or something, but with gorgeous real-time backgrounds. Don't expect BS1, but if you know what you're getting into (that is, a well-meaning adventure game that's not a point and click), you should have fun. The plot is kind of iffy at times, but the dialogue is a lot better than most of what we've been getting in the adventure genre recently. Just play it and enjoy.

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 09-08-2004, 04:07 PM   #24
guybrush_guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
California indeed has a crazy high cost of living. And 8.64% sales tax, g_g.

i'm moving to california, i was looking foward to it, untill i saw that

Old 09-08-2004, 04:22 PM   #25
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixor
In terms of how it plays, it's not very similar to either of them. 1 plays pretty similarly to 2 in my opinion, even if think the second isn't as good a game (with which I'd agree). It's direct-control, for one thing, like Grim Fandango or something, but with gorgeous real-time backgrounds. Don't expect BS1, but if you know what you're getting into (that is, a well-meaning adventure game that's not a point and click), you should have fun. The plot is kind of iffy at times, but the dialogue is a lot better than most of what we've been getting in the adventure genre recently. Just play it and enjoy.
i liked the second as it was very funny...but the humor went too far in that it detracted from any serious elements in the game's plot...i remember the first time i died in broken sword 2 i was totally shocked and unprepared because the game had been so silly up to that point i assumed you couldnt get killed
Old 09-08-2004, 04:23 PM   #26
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i'm moving to california, i was looking foward to it, untill i saw that
looks like my planned move to california in a few years will be diverted...what is the sales tax in washington state?
Old 09-08-2004, 04:30 PM   #27
guybrush_guy

in most cases the sales tax to near states are simmilar...so it maybe a little less or a little more

Old 09-08-2004, 05:44 PM   #28

Move to oregon. There isnt any taxes there.