You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Where can i get The Longest Journey game from cheap

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 12:05 AM   #1

Default Where can i get The Longest Journey game from cheap

Lookin for it but most of the places i goto are selling it at more than £4.99 and thats about as much as i wana pay for it. Have tryed ebay but the go up alot to sometimes rediculous prices like 13 quid.

If u can help cheers guys and gals as i wana see what all the fuss is about. Oh and just so i know, it is all voice acted isnt it?
Old 09-02-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
23 Railway Cuttings

These links may help you:

Link 1

Link 2

Longest Journey is in my opinion one of the top 3 adventure games ever made so I wouldn't worry about paying a bit above £4.99 - you will definitely get your money's worth even if you paid the going rate for a new game today (£20ish)

And yes it is voice acted - you may also be surprised at just how good the graphics are despite it being a few years old.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-02-2004, 12:36 AM   #3

Cheers for links just a shame there not as cheap as i would have liked. Just i only have a fiver on me to spend and thought id try and get this game thats all.
Old 09-02-2004, 08:58 AM   #4
fov
Rattenmonster

Here is someone on Gameboomers who's selling it for £7 or is willing to trade. He's in the UK:

http://www.gameboomers.com/ubboard/u...ic/6/5034.html

If that doesn't work, I think your best bet to find it for that price will be to buy / trade for a used copy. Gameboomers has a pretty active trading post, you could post your request there. Or maybe someone here has it available?

-emily
Old 09-02-2004, 09:32 AM   #5
Movie Buff & Gamer

Send a message via AIM to Sanjuro2

It's completely voice acted. I think the game is 95% voices, and 5% everything else... You may need heavy doses of caffeine to keep yourself conscious during some of the longer yap-fests, particular those of Abnaxus.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:54 AM   #6
The Threadâ„¢ will die.

Send a message via ICQ to RLacey Send a message via AIM to RLacey Send a message via MSN to RLacey Send a message via Yahoo to RLacey

I need to point out at this juncture that The Longest Journey is no longer licenced for distribution in the UK (I asked), and you will find that it isn't in stock. Believe me, I've been hunting for it.

Of course, you could always import from America. And Funcom ship worldwide.

I do not change to be perfect. Perfect changes to be me.

Old 09-06-2004, 03:25 AM   #7

I recommend you don't get it at FunCom's online store, because I ordered the 2 CD version of TLJ from there and instead I got "Anarchy Online: Alien Invasion" in the mail. So far customer service has been unresponsive to say the least. I'm just hoping they haven't automatically signed me up for a subscription as well.

I'm sure it's just a rare mistake and other orders there will go fine, but the fact that this problem appears to be impossible to resolve is very annoying. I think I'll probably just have to sell Alien Invasion on Ebay and stick to Amazon in future.
Old 09-07-2004, 02:42 AM   #8

Hmm, I had absolutely no problem with ordering the game at the Funcom store. So give it a try.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:13 AM   #9

Too expensive from there and i prefere to buy somewhere in uk if i can as i dont fancy doing overseas stuff like the postage. Cheers anyhow guys