Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   The Westerner renamed (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/4529-westerner-renamed.html)

crabapple 08-29-2004 09:02 PM

The Westerner renamed

Link to JA thread

I suppose I should be glad it has a publisher in the US. But why in *&^@! does Dreamcatcher feel they have to rename almost every game they publish? And what kind of a stupid name for a game is "Wanted."

fov 08-29-2004 09:06 PM

Maybe they're somehow trying to make it look good on the shelf next to "Missing"?

:rolleyes:

Fum 08-29-2004 09:19 PM

Damn this annoys me, what is up with the generic one-word names these days? I see them more in movies, but sadly of late they seem to be creeping into the gaming industry, too.

Toefur 08-29-2004 09:24 PM

Wanted sounds more action packed! Guns blazing! Running from the law! Shooting bad guys! You're... WANTED! :9~

Captain Blondebeard 08-29-2004 09:25 PM

Lets face it, "Wanted" is much more attractive and catchy to the youth the "The Westerner".

Intrepid Homoludens 08-29-2004 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fov
Maybe they're somehow trying to make it look good on the shelf next to "Missing"?

:rolleyes:

OMG! That is damn sexy I am going to BestBuy right now to get both titles!*

* Anyone who missed the sarcastic humour in this needs to be slapped on the back of their head.

guybrush_guy 08-29-2004 09:38 PM

i still don't think that the box art for "missing" did the game justice...i didn't find it appealing at all

Glenn Epic 08-29-2004 09:41 PM

Its not so much that 'Wanted' is a bad name it's just that we've come to know and recognise the name 'The Westerner'. Now that its called 'Wanted' you will have to associate mental images with the new name... sorry I'm raving again. So anyway, I'm sure if the name was always 'Wanted' and they changed it to 'The Westerner' you would feel the same way.

Erwin_Br 08-29-2004 10:39 PM

It seems that TAC doesn't think very high of it's American audience. I mean, what are they thinking? Can't Americans remember words with more than two syllables? :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least it's being published...

--Erwin

Stinger 08-29-2004 10:42 PM

This is all sort of sadly amusing to me...at E3 the Revistronic rep gave me a poster with a big logo that said "Fenimore Fillmore: Wanted". He didn't speak the greatest English, but I thought he made it clear that this was some advance promo art for the inevitable sequel to The Westerner. I never realized that the decision had already been made to change the name at that point.

TAC's explanation for "Missing" was passable..."In Memoriam" implies death and that's not really what happened here, etc. But changing "The Westerner"? To "Wanted"? It's totally beyond me.

Not that thrilled about "BeTrapped" either, but that's another story... :shifty:

kelmer 08-29-2004 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger
This is all sort of sadly amusing to me...at E3 the Revistronic rep gave me a poster with a big logo that said "Fenimore Fillmore: Wanted". He didn't speak the greatest English, but I thought he made it clear that this was some advance promo art for the inevitable sequel to The Westerner. I never realized that the decision had already been made to change the name at that point.

Goddamn it I posted this news about months ago, it IS the sequel to The Westerner whic is currently in production, I don't know why people just ignore our news and then post them on a forum by making them sound as an exclusive. (and I'm talking here about justadventure, not these forums.) News about the game being published in North America in september were also already published, but hey what do you know, justadventure has already said it...
:crazy:

Kolorabi 08-30-2004 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger
TAC's explanation for "Missing" was passable..."In Memoriam" implies death and that's not really what happened here, etc. But changing "The Westerner"? To "Wanted"? It's totally beyond me.

I think Missing would have been a pretty decent name (just as good as In Memoriam, really), if they hadn't added "Since January". Maybe it looks nice on the box, but in reviews et.c. it just seems stupid.

Wanted is far too generic for my tastes. The Westerner isn't a particular good name either (IMO), but Wanted is just... too plain. Maybe they should add "Since January"? :)

kelmer 08-30-2004 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kolorabi
I think Missing would have been a pretty decent name (just as good as In Memoriam, really), if they hadn't added "Since January". Maybe it looks nice on the box, but in reviews et.c. it just seems stupid.

Wanted is far too generic for my tastes. The Westerner isn't a particular good name either (IMO), but Wanted is just... too plain. Maybe they should add "Since January"? :)

Oh, come on, do I have an ignore or something in these forums or is it that no one here likes me?

Nomad 08-30-2004 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelmer
Oh, come on, do I have an ignore or something in these forums or is it that no one here likes me?

Some people prefer writing to reading ;)

Kolorabi 08-30-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

Well, I don't think Wanted is a good name no matter if it's Revisitronic or TAC that created it :)

kelmer 08-30-2004 01:22 AM

Quote:

Well, I don't think Wanted is a good name no matter if it's Revisitronic or TAC that created it :)

Again, Nomad, I think you are completely right... :rolleyes:

Kolorabi 08-30-2004 01:52 AM

Quote:

Again, Nomad, I think you are completely right... :rolleyes:

I don't know what you mean. So there's not going to be a game called Wanted? I thought you just said the sequel was going to be called Wanted. Okay, if I've misunderstood you I'm very sorry, especially since you seem offended. :sad:

kelmer 08-30-2004 01:59 AM

Quote:

I don't know what you mean. So there's not going to be a game called Wanted? I thought you just said the sequel was going to be called Wanted. Okay, if I've misunderstood you I'm very sorry, especially since you seem offended. :sad:

I also didn't mean to offend you. It's just that I've spoken with Revistronic's CEO himself (in spanish, so no way of confussion here), and he told me Wanted! would be the name of the sequel, and that The Westerner would be published on september by TAC. But I was just pissed because from the beggining many people have been taking my word on doubt, and it's very annoying to find this now...

Jackal 08-30-2004 06:57 AM

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/645609b.jpg

Recent garbage budget title that's still on store shelves (untouched). Need I say more?

Kelmer, if it makes you feel any better, most people like their news to be confirmed by a second source. Don't take it personally. ;) (And a lot of people probably missed the news on your site).

SoccerDude28 08-30-2004 08:18 AM

Me personally I don't really care if it is called the Westerner or Wanted or whatever. As long as the game is good, they can call it whatever they want.