You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Westerner renamed

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2004, 08:34 AM   #21
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal

Recent garbage budget title that's still on store shelves (untouched). Need I say more?

Kelmer, if it makes you feel any better, most people like their news to be confirmed by a second source. Don't take it personally. (And a lot of people probably missed the news on your site).
it doesnt have that horrid bon jovi song in it, does it?
Old 08-30-2004, 08:41 AM   #22
Hopeful skeptic

Beats the heck outta me. Like I said, it sits untouched on store shelves. Now TAC's game can probably sit beside it.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:42 AM   #23
Whinging Pom

Send a message via ICQ to DomStLeger Send a message via MSN to DomStLeger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmer
Goddamn it I posted this news about months ago, it IS the sequel to The Westerner whic is currently in production, I don't know why people just ignore our news and then post them on a forum by making them sound as an exclusive. (and I'm talking here about justadventure, not these forums.) News about the game being published in North America in september were also already published, but hey what do you know, justadventure has already said it...
I thought I read something about it being the sequel in production, but am now utterly confused. Are they renaming the Westerner to Wanted? Or is Wanted still the name for the Westerner 2? Or are both the Westerner and Westerner 2 going to be called Wanted!? Or has Randy lost the plot? (I know I have)
Still Get Mozilla Firefox! Forget that Chrome and IE rubbish!
Old 08-30-2004, 10:47 AM   #24
Adventure ergo sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomStLeger
I thought I read something about it being the sequel in production, but am now utterly confused. Are they renaming the Westerner to Wanted? Or is Wanted still the name for the Westerner 2? Or are both the Westerner and Westerner 2 going to be called Wanted!? Or has Randy lost the plot? (I know I have)
As far as I know, the sequel is under production and will be named Fenimore Fillmore: Wanted!. I knew the first game will be released in september in the USA by TAC, but don't know anything about any renaming. I would ask Revistronic, but they're on vacation right now. The promised talking to me in september though.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:24 PM   #25
Retirement is stupid

So TAC is going to give their version of Westerner the same name as Revistronic is going to give the sequel?

Wow.

I guess that would be akin to, like, Tri-Synergy picking up Runaway for publishing and giving it the North American title of "Runaway 2". Weird.

I never meant to doubt you, Kelmer, but surely you understand my confusion. I knew that Pablo had told me Wanted was the sequel, and all of a sudden Wanted is the game I'm going to have in my hand in a month. Mass weirdness.

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 08-30-2004, 05:32 PM   #26

For the first time ever (for me, that is), I am now going to apply the throw-up smilies to this topic.This title "Wanted" that's being used for The Westerner's North American version is awful, it makes this game sound like it's going to be an action game, whereas everybody knows it's instead a graphic adventure game. Here it is:

Man, those people at TAC are right now, complete morons for renaming the Westerner, and I am very upset about it.
Old 08-30-2004, 07:37 PM   #27
guybrush_guy

i do think it's a stupid name, I'm still going To buy it, bad name or not.
does anyone know the exact release date?

Old 08-30-2004, 10:15 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerDude28
Me personally I don't really care if it is called the Westerner or Wanted or whatever. As long as the game is good, they can call it whatever they want.
Yeah, but 99 percent of other people dont do the homework on games like we do.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:22 PM   #29
guybrush_guy

that is probibly true,
whats the percentage of people who buy there games on a whim?
I've never done that. i always research the game first

Old 08-31-2004, 07:55 AM   #30
Mad Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erwin_Br
It seems that TAC doesn't think very high of it's American audience. I mean, what are they thinking? Can't Americans remember words with more than two syllables?

--Erwin
Perhaps they're worried that we won't pronounce it correctly. That's the reason they gave for "Mysterious Journey".
Old 08-31-2004, 08:40 AM   #31
LucasKeen

"Wanted" is a pretty stupid title, and I liked "The Westerner" better, but I'm still buying it.

It's just going to confuse a lot of people who will be looking for "The Westerner" on store shelves and can't find it because they didn't know about the name change. A name change hasn't been this stupid since when they changed Broken Sword 1's name.

Some of my games, like Day of the Alien: Tentacles Ate My Babysitter, Goodbye Monkey Island, and Maniac Mars are at Beyond the Pogo
Old 08-31-2004, 10:10 AM   #32

So basically, they will release Wanted in the US, and then Wanted 2? And in Europe we'll get The Westerner and Wanted?
I'm confused...
Old 08-31-2004, 11:08 AM   #33
i'm with... <thud>

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i do think it's a stupid name, I'm still going To buy it, bad name or not.
does anyone know the exact release date?
what is in a name anyway?...i mean, if the legend of zelda was instead dubbed "big sword exploration dungeon cluster**** fantastic" i still would have bought and enjoyed it...come to think of it that is not a bad title after all
Old 08-31-2004, 02:16 PM   #34
No justice. Only me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by log p
what is in a name anyway?...i mean, if the legend of zelda was instead dubbed "big sword exploration dungeon cluster**** fantastic" i still would have bought and enjoyed it...come to think of it that is not a bad title after all
I would definitely play that game.
Old 08-31-2004, 06:06 PM   #35
Mad Rabbit

The new name sounds too much like "Missing".

I'll bet they rename their next game, "Reward".
Old 08-31-2004, 09:06 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by log p
I'm not an expert on this, but I would assume that a name means a lot when it comes to sales.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:15 AM   #37
plastic man

Send a message via Yahoo to forero99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordic_guy
I'm not an expert on this, but I would assume that a name means a lot when it comes to sales.

BINGO!
Old 09-01-2004, 06:50 AM   #38
pain is love

The main point is I don't care about the name, I won't make a mistake buying a game. As I belive we all won't. So... It's not important. It would be if I had only the name of the game to excite me (luckily I don't). As far as people making a mistake while buying, that's just because their sloppy. And if you're sloppy, and don't do your homework, well... TOO BAD! After all it's your money...

There are more old drunks then old doctors. - Willie Nelson

by_100ja

Last edited by 100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja; 09-01-2004 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:00 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ja a.k.a. mr_mitja
The main point is I don't care about the name, I won't make a mistake buying a game. As I belive we all won't. So... It's not important. It would be if I had only the name of the game to excite me (luckily I don't). As far as people making a mistake while buying, that's just because their sloppy. And if you're sloppy, and don't do your homework, well... TOO BAD! After all it's your money...
I was actually replying to someone who asked (and I quote)
Quote:
Saying
Quote:
I did not point this reply directly at you, so I don't get why you're telling me why the name change doesn't matter to you. I wasn't discussing that. I don't mean to sound rude, but I just can't see the continuation here...

The main point is that I would think a name has a lot to say when it comes to marketing and sales (regardless of wether you'd buy it or not).
Old 09-01-2004, 07:06 AM   #40
Hopeful skeptic

It's not about people making mistakes while buying. It's about never realizing that "Wanted" was "The Westerner", and overlooking it completely.

Good name or bad, the whole point of freakin' marketing is to establish name or brand recognition. The Westerner has been a name that's been floating around for quite a while now, and at least in the tiny adventure community, is now familiar to one degree or another. But TAC would prefer to scrap all that existing recognition at the last minute, and start all over with a name that is completely meaningless to everybody.

The TAC think tank must be awfully empty.