You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Sherlock Developer Chat begins Wednesday

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 08:44 PM   #1
Retirement is stupid

Default Sherlock Developer Chat begins Wednesday

We have the exciting opportunity, as part of Sherlock Holmes week, to welcome two important representatives from Frogwares to chat with our forums on Wednesday and Thursday. Sergey Geraschenko, Project Coordinator for Silver Earring, will be here Wednesday, and Wael Amr, Frogwares president, will answer your questions Thursday. We're hoping that this will be the first of many developer chats we're able to hold on our forums, but in order for it to be successful we need your help! We need all of our great forumers to rack your brains and come up with some great questions for Frogwares. Feel free to ask them anything (within reason ) about Silver Earring or their other games. It will be a participatory setting, meaning you're encouraged to respond to their responses and elicit even more responsive respones! It's like some sort of response party!

I hope you'll all eagerly participate in this developer chat and help us make it a successful occasion for both Adventure Gamers and the great people at Frogwares. The chat will take place in a separate forum that will open Wednesday morning, and will be visible at the top of the main forum list once it's live. See you there, adventure fans!

"An episodic sociopathic lagomorph? The mind boggles."
Old 08-23-2004, 09:31 PM   #2
Hopeful skeptic

For those who haven't experienced anything like this, it's a great way to really get to know developers more personally, and gain some unique insight into the real world of game development.

If you need a little inspiration, don't forget to check out the Silver Earring demo.

Hope to see you all there.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:37 PM   #3
merely human

I'm playing demo now (well, not right now, but you know). I'm really liking it, love how the control system works.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-24-2004, 07:42 AM   #4
Knowledgeable

Send a message via ICQ to ragnar Send a message via MSN to ragnar

The demo is quite good, the end of it is rather dumb though imo.

Unfortunately I probably won't have time to participate in the developer quiz chat.

Read my adventure game reviews here
Blaskan
Dragon Go Server
Ragnar Ouchterlony
Old 08-25-2004, 03:29 PM   #5
fov
Rattenmonster

Kirk was kind enough to do some math for those of us too lazy to do it ourselves. The developer's chat will be taking place at the following time(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
TIME SUGGESTIONS!!!!

Eastern U.S. Get in here tomorrow at 3:30 a.m.

Central U.S. Get in here tomorrow at 2:30 a.m.

Mountain U.S. Get in here tomorrow at 1:30 a.m.

Pacific U.S. Get in here tomorrow at 12:30 a.m.

(Europe...and all those outside the U.S., can you do the math for me? )

The LIVE forum chat runs for 6 hours, so you will see the developers pop in and out!
Click here to be instantly transported.

emily (housekeeping mod)