You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The two Syberia games.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2004, 04:47 PM   #1

Default The two Syberia games.

Hey everyone, It's Zack.

Sorry that I didn't join in any threads with you all last week. I went to a family reunion at Squaw Valley, California, a couple weeks ago and I got back on Monday evening last week. I've been just checking on all of the news updates here at Adventure Gamers, and I've also been taking looks at what topics have been discussed on the community forums. So, now I'm just letting you all know that I haven't vanished without a trace. I've simply been taking a break for this past week, and I have to tell you, it feels good to be back.

Right now, the next games I'm planning to play are Syberia, and Syberia II. I'm going to play both of them back to back, so I can get the full experience, and I also plan to treat them as one complete game (or novel if you want to call it that). I should tell you that this will be the first time I've played Syberia II, and I was wondering if you all think whether or not it's better than the first game. I read the reviews for both of the games, and was amazed they both got high praise. Let me know your opinions about Syberia II whenever you want too.

After I'm done playing the two Syberia games, I'm going to load up my new Nancy Drew game: Danger on Deception Island. That's another game I haven't played yet, either. See you all later, and let me know whether you liked Syberia II or not.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:09 PM   #2

My personal opinion: Technically it's done better than part one, and some other flaws (few puzzles, lifeless screens etc.) have been slightly worked on, but since S2 was nothing new it has lost a little of its magic for me.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:12 PM   #3
merely human

And there's snow! Lots of snow! wooHOO!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-22-2004, 11:20 PM   #4
A search for a crazy man!

Send a message via ICQ to remixor Send a message via AIM to remixor Send a message via MSN to remixor

And GEARS!!

Some sort of Writer or Editor or Something, Idle Thumbs

"Some comparisons are a little less obvious. I always think of Grim Fandango as Casablanca on acid." - Will Wright
Old 08-22-2004, 11:27 PM   #5
merely human

And some seal pup doggie hybrid!
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 08-22-2004, 11:48 PM   #6

I thought Syberia 1 was by far the best one. It's much, MUCH more original and consistent, while Syberia 2 feels a bit cliché at times. Syberia 1 was a triumph of artistic creativity where Syberia 2 had a much more classic movie-style storyline. But I liked them both a lot.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:05 AM   #7

As a game, they both suck (ok that's a bit too harsh )
In my opinion the second one had a bit more variety in puzzles, but they were still about machines whose purpose you couldn't guess until the puzzle was already solved.

story: quite promising in the first one, but you don't participate in it. 2nd one: anticlimax

athmosphere is good, though.

Maybe I'll write something more later, but I'm at work now...
Old 08-23-2004, 12:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
I thought Syberia 1 was by far the best one. It's much, MUCH more original and consistent, while Syberia 2 feels a bit cliché at times. Syberia 1 was a triumph of artistic creativity where Syberia 2 had a much more classic movie-style storyline. But I liked them both a lot.
What he said. Syberia 2 was gorgeous, though.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:29 AM   #9
Ninja Terminator

Send a message via ICQ to HeSh Send a message via MSN to HeSh Send a message via Yahoo to HeSh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
And there's snow! Lots of snow! wooHOO!
And that house in the mountains, covered with snow. My god it looks great. That and a pair of skis is all i need.