You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 1st adventure game you played

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 08:39 PM   #41
SamNMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlglide
Didn't like King's Quest 3? Man........I LOVED that game. And it may have been my first -- I know the first three were it, King's Quest 4, and Gold Rush, and I'm fairly certain I played 3 and Gold Rush before 4. I'm just not sure if Gold Rush or King's Quest 3 was first........but since I thought/still think both of them were brilliant games, either would have had me hooked.
Them spells were bitch to prepare. Plus climbing that damn mountain.

Old 08-28-2004, 08:59 PM   #42
Movie Buff & Gamer

Send a message via AIM to Sanjuro2

King's Quest V. 1990. Heh. I went back and played text adventures and the earlier adventure games with graphics though.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:41 AM   #43

My first one was "Day of the Tentacle" which I got as a birthday present.
Wow, can it actually be, that this was more than a decade ago? :eek:
Old 08-29-2004, 10:05 AM   #44

Monkey Island

Since then I am playing every single adventure I can get my fingers on
Old 08-29-2004, 09:36 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninth
My first adventure was Maniac Mansion. I think. Or maybe Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. They both felt incredible at the time...
word.
I still can't remember which one was the first one! It was either Maniac Mansion, Zak Mackraken or the Last Crusade all on my brother's Amiga. I was about 5 or 6 so I used to watch my brother play. They did seem incredible at the time. The first AG i finished by myself was the secret of Monkey Island. That game made me fall in love with adventure games. Loom was also cool if a bit short.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:42 PM   #46
More slaw!!!

I played the original Kings Quest back in 1988 or so. 8-)
Old 08-30-2004, 01:00 AM   #47

It was Leisure Suit Larry 1 and Police Quest 1 for me... Played them on the same day ages ago when I was about 7 years old.
Old 08-30-2004, 08:46 PM   #48
The Impostor

Sam & Max Hit The Road! I have played it thousands of times since and can complete with my eyes closed. Great game! Also, I think I played it after but I remember playing Monkey Island 1 for five minutes on someones computer.
Old 08-31-2004, 12:49 AM   #49
Est. 1985

It was The Secret Of Monkey Island back in about 1990/1991. The only game I remember playing before that was the original Prince Of Persia.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:59 AM   #50

Send a message via MSN to tucky

Mine was a text based one I got from Spectrum magazine Crash. I think it was called Artic?

After that I got heavily into the text based scene and became a regular customer of Zenobi who published the classic Behind Closed Doors Trilogies as well as some other more serious based adventures.

I've entered a bit of nostalgia now so please excuse me as I continue...

After Zenobi I have fond memories of playing Level 9's adventures Scapegoat and Ingrid's Back and Camelot. For me they were the pinnacle of adventuring on the Spectrum.

I feel a sudden urge to dig out the speccy emulator now!
Old 08-31-2004, 06:50 AM   #51

Default Old Guy

Adventure ("you are standing in front of a grate") IF back in *cough* 1978!
Old 08-31-2004, 11:15 PM   #52
Puss in Rock Chick Boots

It must have been The 7th Guest back in 1994 (can only remember the year from remembering where I was living at the time). Spent many happy hours ensconced in a spare bedroom poring over the game, the clues and the puzzles and then having to phone my father late in the evenings and describing the puzzles verbally to him over the phone in the hope of an answer. Sometimes I even drew a picture of the puzzle then would drive over to his house (10 minutes up the road) to get the solution from him. Hey, these were the days before the internet and email really, not that ten years later my father has embraced this technological age.

Two years ago I revisted The 7th Guest and it was just as much fun, the sequel The 11th Hour was not quite a good with very annoying voiceovers.

Always been a fan of adventure and platform games. Does Pitfall fall under this category, cos I remember playing that long before the advent of the home PC on a games console - C64, Sega or something, that long ago I can't remember now.

Katie.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:20 AM   #53
Rabid Tasmanian Devil

Zork was the first for me. But if we're talking graphical adventures, then it was King's Quest 1.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:38 AM   #54

Lounge Lizards. It was around 1988; I was eight years old. Larry learned me how to speak English. I had a walkthrough in Dutch and the difficulty was how to get Larry to do these things using the English language.

Another game I played pretty early was the first Monkey Island. I'm glad that was one of my first adventure games and the first MI game I played. It remains the best adventure ever IMO.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:40 AM   #55
Adventure Collector

Default The First adventure game I played was...

..."THE SECRET OF MONKEY ISLAND", back in 1992!!! And that was it! I cannot lay my hands off adventure games since then! I JUST LOVE TO PLAY AND COLLECT THEM!!!!

Last edited by ADVENTURE-RAIDER; 09-01-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:45 AM   #56
Puss in Rock Chick Boots

After all these years I never knew Monkey Island was an adventure game. I think I might have to investigate this further... if I want to bankrupt myself!!!

Katie.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:56 AM   #57
Biomechanoid

Send a message via MSN to Bobske

First adventures I played were Leisure Suit Larry I and Space Quest II. My dad had just bought an IBM PS2 Model 30 computer with some games. The sales clerk recommended some Sierra games. Unfortunately my dad wouldn't let me play Larry. After my dad had gone to work I booted up the game and I wrote down all questions and tried every possible answer After a while I got in and finally understood why my dad wouldn't let me play! I learned some very naughty words that week... After that I got hooked on Sierra adventures.
Old 09-01-2004, 12:40 PM   #58
Adventure Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie
After all these years I never knew Monkey Island was an adventure game. I think I might have to investigate this further... if I want to bankrupt myself!!!

Katie.
You learn something new every day! If you tell me what do you think Monkey Island is, maybe I'll learn something today, too.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:12 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie
Does Pitfall fall under this category, cos I remember playing that long before the advent of the home PC on a games console - C64, Sega or something, that long ago I can't remember now.
I don't think that Pitfall really qualifies as an adventure game, but that doesn't stop it from being great fun.

I played it on the C64. Also played Pitfall II a lot, but I seem to remember that I never got past a certain point in the game. Just didn't know what to do.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:21 PM   #60

First adventure game was Zork, a hacked copy I played on the Apple II (Sorry it was hacked, I was like 8 and didn't even know what that meant.) The first graphic adventure was Mystery House, by Roberta Williams, also on the II. I grew up playing old graphic adventure games on the II, IIe, etc. Favorites - The Quest, Death in the Caribbean, and tons of others.