You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 1st adventure game you played

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2005, 12:07 PM   #201
TM3

The Longest Journey!
I just want you to know who I am..."
"IRIS"-GOO GOO DOLLS
Old 12-12-2005, 12:23 PM   #202
tsa
Playing character

Default Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb924
Which was your very first adventure game you played?

mine was The Legend of Kyrandia on Amiga (long time ago)
and i aslo remember it had quite a lot of floppy disks, so all the time had to changed the floppy
The beyond, a Dutch horror adventure on the C-64. That got me hooked, and some time later I played The Pawn, also on the C-64. I still don't know wether I finished that or not. I got rid of the wristband, and then everything got all weird....
Old 12-12-2005, 12:30 PM   #203
I'm Kablam-o!

I've been a lurker for a while, but I had to post for this. My first adventure game was Zork, which my friend and I played on our 4th grade classroom's dinky Commodore back in, what, 1990? Soon after that he picked up Wishbringer, so we could play that at his house. Ah, nostalgia...
Old 12-13-2005, 09:07 AM   #204

First adventure: Beneath a Steel Sky
then: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Old 12-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #205
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Ehh... I can't recall for sure which adventure was my first... I *think* it was The Dark Half (the crappy one from Capstone. Not to be confused with the equally obscure, but twice as enjoyable, Last Half of Darkness), I know it was amongst the first games I purchased, but I'm not certain if it was my first one...
Old 12-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #206
Fulci lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa
The beyond, a Dutch horror adventure on the C-64. That got me hooked
The Beyond!
Do you know if it´s based on the movie?
Old 12-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #207

Default 1st

as i can remember i've played "maniac mansion" and "zac mac cracken(?)" on amiga around 91..
Old 12-14-2005, 02:17 PM   #208
Hitch-Hiker

Send a message via MSN to Dasilva

I think the first game I played was back in 1987, Space Quest II: Vohauls Revenge. I feel so old. lol

~Spitsie

"If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is." - Angelina Jolie

_

<Susan falls through the floor and gets stuck>
<Paco looks at her blankly>
"Whats wrong with you?! Lassy would of had a firetruck here by now!"
- Susan Mayer, Desperate Housewives
Old 12-15-2005, 12:04 PM   #209

My very first game was one of the Kings Quests. I hated the spells because everytime I got all the ingredients the wizard came back and I died. I never did finish it. It was a friends and I didn't have a computer. Then I came to England and a friend got me hooked on pc games with the longest journey. It is the BEST game I have ever played.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:26 AM   #210
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov
Actually there were - this game was widely pirated and if I remember correctly, it was the reason Sierra started speaking out against piracy and putting copy protection on their games. One copy of the game that was floating around had a virus on it that shut down some UK bank for a day or two. Ken Williams had to make a statement about how it was the pirated copy, not the retail version of the game, that contained the virus.
That's hilarious! They must've been thinking about this when they did that little segment in the hologram on Space Quest IV. Remember the scientist dude talking about how his fellow workers got their grubby hands on something called Leisure Suit Larry and after installing it a virus was released that turned all the robots against them which destroyed their world. (or something like that)

Anyway, I remember watching my dad play Zork, but the first I recall playing was Hugo's House of Horrors. Went straight to the Quest series after that.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:41 AM   #211

Prins of persia was the first game I played. Graphics and animation were
way ahead compared to other games from that period. First adventure
game was the EGA-version of secret of monkey island
Old 12-25-2005, 02:30 PM   #212
tsa
Playing character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamham Chan
The Beyond!
Do you know if it´s based on the movie?
Yes, it was. Glad I didn't see that; I hate horro movies. But a text horror adventure was not so bad...
Old 12-25-2005, 06:39 PM   #213

I can't remember what came first specifically, but it would have been some text adventure on the Sinclair Spectrum. Possibly The Hobbit around 1983. I was never very much into the old text ones though, and it wasn't until Last Crusade and King's Quest III that I fell in love with the genre properly.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:19 PM   #214

Maniac Mansion
Old 12-26-2005, 12:35 AM   #215
Fulci lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsa
Yes, it was. Glad I didn't see that; I hate horro movies. But a text horror adventure was not so bad...
It´s a shame you don´t like horror movies, The Beyond is one of the best.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:25 PM   #216

roger wilco space quest 1
Old 12-28-2005, 11:30 PM   #217

Hmmm.... Let me see .YES! .It was The Black Mirror.It was Awesome.I really couldn't stop playing.Next comes Scherlock Holmes : The Silver earing , Then Aura and so on.
Stalin
Old 12-29-2005, 02:16 PM   #218
swears in longhand

Default Text Fun

My very first adventure game was Hitchhikers Guide to the galaxy on my old Commador 64. The text version back in the 80s. It frustrated the pee out of me. Especially since you didn't have the luxury of seaching the net for hints/walkthroughs.

My first graphic adventure is harder to remember in my old age. Might have been King's Quest 2 or 3. Though Sam and Max probably hooked me for life. First game I replayed multiple times. And kept laughing each time at the same lame humor. My copy of that is now in the hand of those little elves that steal the socks out of my drier. Can't find it nowhere.
Damn, cruel world!!!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #219

Default Zork Rules

The very first, and might I say best, adventure game I ever played was Zork in 1985. I got my first Compaq portable (about 50 pounds) that year, bought Zork and was hooked. I still think it's the best in terms of depth and humor. Armed with nothing but a list of verbs and an imagination, I explored the Underground Empire. I always likened it to being inside a story. I have played many adventure games since, but Zork will always be the best!
Old 03-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #220

Hmmmm...

I was debating whether it was KQ3 or SQ1 and I thought KQ3 was first.. but then it came to me: Zork! On the Apple II.
Recently Played (rating): Jack Keane (C-), Nostradamus: The Last Prophecy (A-), Sam and Max 2x05 (A+), Sam and Max 2x04 (A), Secret Files Tuguska (C+), Sam and Max 2x03 (A), Sam and Max 2x02 (A), Cleopatra: A Queen's Destiny (B), Sam and Max 2x01 (A), Nancy Drew: Icicle Creek (B-), Nancy Drew: Blackmoor Manor (B+), Destination Treasure Island (A), Ankh: Heart of Osiris (A)