You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure 1st adventure game you played

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2005, 01:19 PM   #181

Thank you again.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:39 AM   #182
Groundhog Ghost

The first adventure game I ever played is Dizzy back in 1987. It's incredible how much fun I had in those 48ks of that old Spectrum computer. The good old days....
Old 11-14-2005, 01:20 AM   #183
Lost.

The first AG I bought was "Curse of Monkey Island."

The first one I ever played is hard to say. My cousins owned a lot of AGs and I'd usually just play them on their computer. I think it was probably The Legend of Kyrandia.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:59 AM   #184
long live the dragons

Send a message via MSN to pointandcliklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiqu
The first adventure game I ever played is Dizzy back in 1987. It's incredible how much fun I had in those 48ks of that old Spectrum computer. The good old days....
ah dizzy such an amuzing game would you believe the frist time i played that was about 1 week ago how about that guys

My first was simon the sourcerer 1 (amiga cd32) loved it i think my secon was a text adventure on the c64 it took me 3 months to open a window then again i was very young and im dylexic soooo.

Marise-Chiko
Old 11-14-2005, 04:29 AM   #185
Classy Lassy

Send a message via AIM to ashleyelaine

A black and white Space Quest for the Mac.
I remember something about crashing on a weird planet,and something about eating mushrooms and dying.
I also lost my clothes at one point.

I don't even know if it was Space Quest, but with the humor and from what I recall, it seems to be.

It also could have been Leisure Suit Larry. The one with the woman piano player and the undercover work (I'm too lazy to look it up).

I was pretty young, but I begged my dad to play it and he eventually caved.
I remember thinking how cool it was that I had codes in the manual I could use when I wanted to take a trip.

Little did I know it was due to piracy. I thought it was to be "interactive."
Old 11-14-2005, 04:45 AM   #186

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis CD-ROM version on my Mac Performa 450. I loved that game.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:43 AM   #187

the first AG i beat was gold rush. i loved it. a love affair with sierra was born.

my little brother loved the game too. however, the fact that he was ~4 years old limited the level of his enjoyment somewhat.. we used to play the section of the game where you've reached california and have to find some gold somewhere out in the countryside. we'd dig up the whole screen. and when i got tired of digging and wanted to quit, my brother would start to cry, which led to some funny "damnit carl!! keep digging!" orders from my dad.

ah memories.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:14 AM   #188
Fulci lives

The game that started my passion for the adventure genre was Zak McKracken, which i got for my Commodore 64 in 1988.
Zak got me hooked, because it was so different to all the other games that i played on my C64.

Later i got my hands on Maniac Mansion, and it was almost just as good as Zak.
The third Lucasarts adventure, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade wasn´t released on the C64, so i had to buy an Amiga in 1989.

With my Amiga i discovered all the wonderful Sierra adventures, King´s Quest, Space Quest, Police Quest and the Larry series.
Man, those were good times.

One of the hassles with Amiga gaming was the diskswapping.
Some games like Fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island 2 had at least a dozen disks, just imagine what a pain a$$ it was to constanly have to change disks and wait for the loading times.

When i bought my first pc in 1994 i didn´t have to worry about loading times or diskswapping anymore thanks to the pc´s harddrive.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:40 PM   #189

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. I remember being 10 years old, and my friend showing me the fight between Indy and Biff in the beginning of the game. I was so blown away by the graphics and the "talkie" aspect of the game that I pestered my parents to get me a copy. Ever since then, I've been hooked on adventure games.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:05 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamham Chan
One of the hassles with Amiga gaming was the diskswapping.Some games like Fate of Atlantis and Monkey Island 2 had at least a dozen disks, just imagine what a pain a$$ it was to constanly have to change disks and wait for the loading times.
Diskswapping on the amiga was easily remedied by the purchase of an $800 200MB harddrive in my case... (yes, that's approximately 6,500 times more expensive per megabyte compared to todays prices)

Anyway, I had great fun with the classics on the amiga Started out with Zak in '89 I think and was exstatic when Monkey arrived.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:39 PM   #191
Fulci lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknaps
Diskswapping on the amiga was easily remedied by the purchase of an $800 200MB harddrive in my case... (yes, that's approximately 6,500 times more expensive per megabyte compared to todays prices)
Harddrives for the Amiga were pretty expensive, and i was a poor student then so i couldn´t afford one.

But these days i can play all the old Sierra and Lucasarts on my pc, without having to worry about diskswapping and loading times.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:23 AM   #192

Send a message via MSN to Rastis

It must be Sam 'n Max or Day of the tentacle.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:54 AM   #193

Send a message via Yahoo to RezaTHX
Default My First Adventure Game!

I never played an adv till 2002 ! i remember one of my friends introduce me to this whole world of adventure gamin ,although i hadn't a computer till then ! and it means from the very first time i have a pc i became an adv gamer ! it was so amazing and fantastic ,i started my adventure gamin with " Syberia ", i never saw an adv before so it was very cool for me to begin with such a great game me and my brother played it together and it took about 5-6 hours in 2-3 days gameplay. and from then i buy every adv game available in the market and play them.

Now Playing : Broken Sword , just finished Wanted
Old 12-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #194
scribeswindow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb924
Which was your very first adventure game you played?

mine was The Legend of Kyrandia on Amiga (long time ago)
and i aslo remember it had quite a lot of floppy disks, so all the time had to changed the floppy
Mine was either Blade Runner or Tex Murphy Pandora's directive. I can't remember which one was first. They were closely followed by Gabriel Knight Sins of the Father.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:33 PM   #195

It was one of the games in the Lucasarts Classic Adventure five pack. So either Maniac Mansion, Zak McKracken, Loom, Indy and the Last Crusade, or Monkey Island 1

Which one it was is lost to the wastes of time. It was probibly Indy, due to the name reconition, but I do know I beat MI1 first.

I stil regret beating MI1 with a Walkthrough. but I was young and foolish.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:29 PM   #196

Mine was Full Throttle about 8 years ago... this game got me started.
Since then I have only played adventure games... I'm a HUGE fan of the genre. I guess it's because I don't like reading, not to say I hate it, and since adventure games are mostly story based I think found an alternative way to compensate for my reading.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:36 PM   #197

Send a message via ICQ to Nautilus
Default Classic Adventure

"Classic Adventure" (1986) for MSX1 computer.
Screenshot: http://www.romaco.com.br/files/MSX/i...as/classic.gif
Old 12-12-2005, 08:35 AM   #198

Hugo II: Whodunnit for DOS.

What a great game. I still laugh when I think of some sections. It got me started on adventure games (Myst was the next game I played). I never looked back.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #199
Adventurer

The first adventure I played was Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in 1989.

Maverick
Old 12-12-2005, 10:33 AM   #200
Banned User

The first I ever played was The Day Of The Tentacle but I never actually finished it. The first one that I played & finished was Gabriel Knight 3, which made me buy Gk 1 & 2 also!