Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Ever have one of those days? (Lost Syberia savegame) (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/4268-ever-have-one-those-days-lost-syberia-savegame.html)

TMOA 08-11-2004 09:17 PM

Ever have one of those days? (Lost Syberia savegame)

Well,
after spending the last 5 hrs playing Syberia and getting to halfway through Barrockstadt and all happy about it my game just decided to up and stop,...before i could save....

my last save is in the attic(if ya played ya know where i am )

I just needed to vent before i go back and redo all that i just did .... :(

Ill be playing this till 5am now....lol

Ripley 08-11-2004 09:42 PM

Oooooo....sorry to hear about that. With any game I play, I save all the time, just in case....but Syberia is worth the replay. ;) Actually, I had the same experience but didn't get as far as Barrockstadt. I ended up coming out of the cave and getting the cell call from Olivia when the game stopped, and my previous save was in the attic just before reading Anna's diary.

Intrepid Homoludens 08-11-2004 09:43 PM

Okay, everybody! Who's got a savegame here for Mr. TMOA?

Captain Blondebeard 08-11-2004 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
Okay, everybody! Who's got a savegame here for Mr. TMOA?

You could probably find a saved game close to you at a Syberia website.

Intrepid Homoludens 08-11-2004 11:37 PM

http://mindscraps.com/s/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif Serves him right for not saving every 15 minutes.

MDMaster 08-12-2004 01:01 AM

I might have a savaegame just in Barrockstadt maybe, but hey... he stole my avatar, no way I'm helping a guy that steals my property :devil:

TMOA 08-12-2004 01:36 AM

ROFL ad MD,
Ok well i got by that issue (although it happedn again but right after i saved so yay!

Well im in Alberdad or whereever, im tired and off to bed....lol

Eddy 08-12-2004 03:17 AM

I once was playing GK2 with only one save game And I was on disc 3 and had just solved the coocooclockpuzzle and I saved the game, but what I didn't know was that the game just crashed while I saved the game.
So I had to start all over.

ConcreteRancor 08-12-2004 04:55 AM

It's all well and good to say "Save often," but my problem is that even knowing that I'll get so into a game that I'll forget to save for a while. Usually that means that I'll have lost about 20 minutes of what I just did, although a couple of times it's been as bad as an hour. KOTOR's given me some trouble with this. Especially when I accidentally hit "quicksave" instead of "quickload" when all my characters had died. That sucked.

WontonGoodsoup 08-12-2004 06:54 AM

But even though you have to replay it, it'll go faster because you know exactly what to do.

~~off subject~~
This post reminded me of the guy in the very first train station who sweeps the floor and whistles. I often find myself whistling that same tune. i know...i'm a dork

fov 08-12-2004 08:39 AM

Quote:

I once was playing GK2 with only one save game And I was on disc 3 and had just solved the coocooclockpuzzle and I saved the game, but what I didn't know was that the game just crashed while I saved the game.
So I had to start all over.
Bleh. I learned at a young age not to have only one save. It only creates pain and tears later. I used to keep my saves on floppy disks and I would have two or three disks full of saves by the time I finished a game.

Quote:

~~off subject~~
This post reminded me of the guy in the very first train station who sweeps the floor and whistles. I often find myself whistling that same tune.
This little story made my morning! *D

(What is the tune?)

-emily

WontonGoodsoup 08-12-2004 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fov
(What is the tune?)

dun, dun, dun, dun, dun-dun

that's basically it and he changes tones

MDMaster 08-13-2004 01:27 AM

The Grand Inquisitor wants you to save often! Who is the boss of you? Me! I am the boss of you, etc. :D

ConcreteRancor 08-13-2004 05:02 AM

You're not the boss of me now, and you're not so big.

Cellardoor 08-13-2004 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WontonGoodsoup
This post reminded me of the guy in the very first train station who sweeps the floor and whistles. I often find myself whistling that same tune.

I haven't played the game in two years, and I still whistle that song as well. Drives people crazy! :D

edlglide 08-13-2004 07:12 AM

I save my game every 10-15 minutes in any game..............it all stemmed from playing Gold Rush and King's Quest as a little kid where things could kill you at any given point in time.

Glenn Epic 08-13-2004 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens
http://mindscraps.com/s/contrib/blackeye/hihi.gif Serves him right for not saving every 15 minutes.

When it comes to saving in adventure games I'm really paranoid, I save after just about every puzzle :)

sephiroth209 08-13-2004 04:49 PM

I back my savegames up every week onto my external hdd (ecspecially games like morrowind that i've been playing for over a year and still havn't beat it)