Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Adventure Games with Multiple Endings (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/4231-adventure-games-multiple-endings.html)

Timbo 08-09-2004 10:24 PM

Adventure Games with Multiple Endings

Hey everyone,

I've always been a fan of adventure games that have multiple endings as it makes me think I have some sway over the actual events of the game. As such, I would to know of any and all adventure games you lads can think of that have this feature. I'm in the market and am wondering all what's out there. Let's hear it.

Timbo

Captain Blondebeard 08-09-2004 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo
Hey everyone,

I've always been a fan of adventure games that have multiple endings as it makes me think I have some sway over the actual events of the game. As such, I would to know of any and all adventure games you lads can think of that have this feature. I'm in the market and am wondering all what's out there. Let's hear it.

Timbo

Fate of Atlantis

Molgera 08-09-2004 10:58 PM

The one that comes to mind right away is The Pandora Directive with its seven endings. And it's not a case of saving the game near the end and being able to do something a little different and view them all either. Depending on how you control Tex throughout the game (i.e. nice guy or jerk) will decide which ending you get.

Nomad 08-10-2004 12:43 AM

Shadow of Memories has five different endings. IIRC three were depending on decisions rather at the end and two could be chosen (not that you knew it...) earlier on.

Really cool game, that one.

custard 08-10-2004 01:21 AM

Didn't Blade Runner have a silly amount of endings? 7? probably less but :P

Fop 08-10-2004 02:04 AM

Yes, Blade Runner had 7 endings.

Ninja Dodo 08-10-2004 02:42 AM

King's Quest 6

Dragonrose 08-10-2004 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ninja Dodo
King's Quest 6

Kings Quest 7 had multiple endings as well, but one was more of a "you've lost" ending.

LeisureSuitedLooney 08-10-2004 05:01 AM

Ripper had multiple endings, in that you could replay it and come up with a different killer at the end. And that King's Quest game, the one featuring Alexander, is a great example. But when I think of multiple endings, I think of RPG's, like Temple of Elemental Evil, which also had multiple beginnings, depending upon party alignment.

Ripley 08-10-2004 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molgera
The one that comes to mind right away is The Pandora Directive with its seven endings. And it's not a case of saving the game near the end and being able to do something a little different and view them all either. Depending on how you control Tex throughout the game (i.e. nice guy or jerk) will decide which ending you get.

Yep, that's your best bet. You can probably get a copy on ebay.
Check this thread Here in this forum. ;)

Also, Journey to the Center of the Earth has a dual ending.

edlglide 08-10-2004 08:17 AM

The King's Quest 6 seperate endings are really nice -- you can beat the game without going to some of the important areas. But the ending you get is nowhere near as good or fulfilling as the complete ending.

Sky Warrior Bob 08-10-2004 08:28 AM

The Secret of Monkey Island had a slight variationof endings. Depending on whether or not you made a goof with Herman's artistic sculpture.

I'm pretty sure that the Star Trek adventures games, TNG: A Final Unity & Judgement Rites both had muliple endings, depending on how well you did, but I can't entirely recall.

All the Quest for Glory games kinda had a multiple ending shtick, depending insofar as it praised you for each sidequest you managed to accomplish.

Sky Warrior Bob

Draco2.5 08-10-2004 09:04 AM

Gabriel knight 1 had two diffrent endings. And I'm pretty sure The Dig had more than one ending.

fov 08-10-2004 09:23 AM

Tender Loving Care has a few.

I really liked how it was done in GK1. More than just "Oops, you're dead."

-emily

lakerz 08-10-2004 09:27 AM

Others I can think of are:

Alice: Interactive Museum
Bad Day On The Midway
Gothos
Mode
Midnight Stranger
Myst (2 and 3 as well?)
Noctropolis
Panic In The Park
Shivers 2
Verschollen Auf Lost Island

Jony 08-10-2004 09:31 AM

Don't forget the Last Express.

SamNMax 08-10-2004 10:18 AM

Dis Last Express have multiple complete endings or just death endings?

Jony 08-10-2004 11:37 AM

It has different endings. And anyone who hasn't tried it yet, should.

Draco2.5 08-10-2004 11:39 AM

Crap. I saw a copy of the Last Express for $5 the other day, brand new in the original box and everything. But I was in a hurry so I didn't buy it.

Sly Boots 08-10-2004 11:45 AM

Post Mortem has 3 or 4 endings. It's the newest game with multiple endings I can think of.