You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Games similar to SH: The Awakened, Art of Murder?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #1

Default Games similar to SH: The Awakened, Art of Murder?

I've finished SH: the awakened and Art of murder.
In the awakened, though sinister, I failed to enjoy since it was more of a quest and less of barin-challenge like The case of the silver earring (which was wonderful). Still life 2 and the case of the silver earring are the kind which I'm looking to play. If a bloody tale (like in still life 2) can be found more the better but the emphesis of the games I'm looking for are more of thinking and less of Tool-Using.

Any more recommendations from this forum members on games that fit this description?

I've been recommended and already planning on playing: Chronicles of Mystery, last express, sanitarium, midnight nowhere and blackstone chronicles.

I might add that i strongly preffer to play third-person view game.
Thanks for any help
Old 05-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
Homo Ludens

Why did you start a new thread and didn't just post in the one you already had on the exact same topic?

P.S. Still Life 2 is a horrendous game - one of the most disappointing adventure games I've played. It's not so much a "barin-challenge", as a test of endurance and self-negation.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
Why did you start a new thread and didn't just post in the one you already had on the exact same topic?

P.S. Still Life 2 is a horrendous game - one of the most disappointing adventure games I've played. It's not so much a "barin-challenge", as a test of endurance and self-negation.
Agree. Still Life 2 had good music and a pressing atmosphere (which personally I don't enjoy but I can see the appeal). Otherwise the game was quite rubbish. But I guess tmkctm is looking for that atmosphere. Awakened and AoM are less pressing, but they are dark.

Black Mirror and Gabriel Knight trilogies are the kind of dark mysteries. And good games. GK games have also very good and varying puzzles.