You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Machinarium the ending?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
Space Cadet

Default Machinarium the ending?

Having finished Machinarium yesterday evening, the topic over dinner was what was the fate of the little robot and his girlfriend?

This game was so emotional and bitter sweet, laughing out loud one minute and getting choked up the next over the sad reminiscences of the little bot.

Spoiler:
All was going well at the end with our hero and his girlfriend flying off into the sunset...UNTIL the final credits the crash and the apparently lifeless bodies of the pair being carried off was this a happy ending or not?
Old 05-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #2

Default Dara100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyhog View Post
Having finished Machinarium yesterday evening, the topic over dinner was what was the fate of the little robot and his girlfriend?

This game was so emotional and bitter sweet, laughing out loud one minute and getting choked up the next over the sad reminiscences of the little bot.

Spoiler:
All was going well at the end with our hero and his girlfriend flying off into the sunset...UNTIL the final credits the crash and the apparently lifeless bodies of the pair being carried off was this a happy ending or not?
Sequel-itis. We will know in the next installment what actually happens, but I like to think they lived happily ever after in a little tin hut with all their little robots they assembled from spare parts.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara100 View Post
Sequel-itis. We will know in the next installment what actually happens, but I like to think they lived happily ever after in a little tin hut with all their little robots they assembled from spare parts.
We suspected this ourselves, and oddly enough came up with a similar scenario to your tin hut somewhere between the cheese and biscuits and the second bottle of Shiraz
Old 05-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Flower bower bird

Yes, it leaves itself wide open for a sequel. I do hope so anyway.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #5

I always took it as being a loop, with the game ending as it began. Though I haven't watched the ending in a while, so I can't really accurately re-evaluate the impression until I get a chance to do so.