Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Summer is coming... (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/31053-summer-coming.html)

Foinikas 05-10-2012 11:14 AM

Summer is coming...

Summer is coming...so which games will you be playing?Games that fit the summer mood?I'm still playing The Secret Of Monkey Island and I'll probably start playing So Blonde and continue with Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis.Gotta have the heat,the jungle and the exploration.

That reminds me...I have to keep playing Flight of the Amazon Queen.

:crazy:

TimovieMan 05-10-2012 11:32 AM

I'll just continue working my way through my backlog. I don't really care whether thy fit the summer mood or not.

On the DS I'm playing Again, and then I'll play Time Hollow, Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past and Another Code. After that I will probably replay the Phoenix Wright games. That should last me well through the summer on the DS.

On the PC I'm currently playing King's Quest VI and Escape from Monkey Island. EfMI is a bit on the backburner until I get a KQ overdose. After that I'll be playing the Gabriel Knight games (for the first time!!! :crazy:) and The Last Express (for the first time!!! :crazy:). That'll take me a while too, I reckon.

Mister Ed 05-10-2012 11:47 AM

I WISH the advent of summer had any relevance to my game playing. Ah, the days of summer vacation. How I miss them.;(

Adventurere No.1 05-10-2012 11:55 AM

man go for Quest for Glory 2 ,its in Egypt with its hot summer desert's weather and you will be more than satisfied :P or burnt

Jelena 05-10-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foinikas (Post 611289)
Summer is coming...so which games will you be playing?

Not many. If any. Games are for the indoor-season for me. :)

millenia 05-10-2012 11:30 PM

I'll be trying out The Secret World this weekend if I just can. I want to finish Gemini Rue (haven't had time to play anything in a while again, yay for school) and I guess I am supposed to level a rogue in WoW.

I really hope I can play more when the school is over, there's like 200 adventures waiting for me. I definitely want to play Hector, L.A. Noire, 4th Blackwell game, Final Fantasy XIII (and perhaps XIII-2) and then loads of so far undecided adventures.

Oscar 05-11-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 (Post 611304)
man go for Quest for Glory 2 ,its in Egypt with its hot summer desert's weather and you will be more than satisfied :P or burnt

Don't forget these!

http://i45.tinypic.com/j0vd5d_th.png

But I am sure you wouldn't, because I know that's how you all get around over there :devil:

Adventurere No.1 05-11-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 611361)
Don't forget these!

But I am sure you wouldn't, because I know that's how you all get around over there :devil:

yeaah!... isnt it fun!

after your transformation you became so fearful Oscar man :D.

Oscar 05-11-2012 04:50 AM

I have to be, I'm a weapons/ammo vendor ;)

This site is adventure games not some wimpy shooter or fighting games :D

gray pierce 05-11-2012 05:36 AM

I'll definitely go play Haunted and The Dark Eye this summer. The latter is like the most wintery game ever (well after Syberia) but I really don't wanna wait till winter to play this game which I'm so looking forward.

Also I might play the new Sh game if it's any good(waiting for the reviews first) and I plan on replaying GK1 but I don't know yet if I'll get round to it since I also have an enormous amount of reading to catch up on.

thejobloshow 05-11-2012 06:43 AM

Winter is coming where I'm from, but I really want to try out a few DS adventures in my backlog in the coming weeks.

Specifically, I picked up Insecticide, which interests me because I read somewhere Josh Mandel wrote the story, and Suda51's Flower, Sun, and Rain, which was just an impulse buy because the cover sho' is pretty.

I'm sure they'll be fun on rainy days.

Harleyhog 05-11-2012 09:14 AM

In Theory the winter is my time for adventure gaming, and the summer is for riding the Harley looking after the garden and fell walking.

BUT for several weeks now in the north of England we have had strong winds
constant heavy rainfall and flooding coupled with low temperatures ;( so my adventure gaming is back in full swing, currently playing Machinarium, man is that Robot cute....

Foinikas 05-12-2012 04:46 PM

Ok I just finished Monkey Island 1.

Ok ok I used the hint button a lot at some parts but it was mostly because I wanted to progress fast in the game.Still I did solve some good puzzles on my own.

But anyway,the game was very good!Although I imagined it would be bigger but I guess the second game will be bigger.

The "Turn off your computer and go to sleep!" thing made me press
Control-Alt-Delete to close the game but the game was awesome generally.It made me laugh enough times!

So now which game(apart from Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis)should I start playing?So Blonde or Monkey Island 2?Or any of the Art of Murder/Gray Matter/Runaway A Road Adventure???

rtrooney 05-12-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foinikas (Post 611289)
Summer is coming...so which games will you be playing?

Probably very few. It's summer! Time to play golf. Time to grill. Time to have picnics with family. Time to enjoy the outdoors. Time to take the dogs for a long walk.

All of which are the antithesis of playing games during summer.

Games are for Fall and Winter. Hope to see you then.

Adventurere No.1 05-13-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foinikas (Post 611508)

So now which game(apart from Secret Files 2 Puritas Cordis)should I start playing?So Blonde or Monkey Island 2?Or any of the Art of Murder/Gray Matter/Runaway A Road Adventure???

4 choices you gave here ,so maybe you can wait for MI2 a little .. and go for Runaway

millenia 05-13-2012 02:22 AM

If you don't want to continue with MI immediately, I'd go for Gray Matter, it's clearly the best and most enjoyable of those titles.

I personally enjoyed Art of Murder 2 and 3, the first was so unpolished I almost didn't finish it. The third game then is actually a very good one, so the series keeps getting better. Too bad there's not going to be more. Runaway I found mediocre.

Foinikas 05-13-2012 06:26 AM

The thing is that,thew reviews on these games here on this site have the first Art of Murder as good or at least an ok game and the other ones as not so good with 2,5 stars or something.
They also grade Runaway A Road Adventure as a classic.And all that makes me confused.

millenia 05-13-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foinikas (Post 611567)
The thing is that,thew reviews on these games here on this site have the first Art of Murder as good or at least an ok game and the other ones as not so good with 2,5 stars or something.
They also grade Runaway A Road Adventure as a classic.And all that makes me confused.

The first AoM review is very forgiving. The actual review contents are pretty accurate but the stars are definitely handled very differently. First one got an easy 3½ when it's mediocre at best (2½ would have been more accurate). Some people prefer the plot in the first game but in every other aspect the sequels are way better. Smoother, more polished with better and more versatile puzzles, more locations and free movement, and definitely better overall gameplay. The sequels are reviewed then with a much harsher hand, they have lots of little faults here and there but nothing gamebreaking. Personally I gave them 3, 3½ and 4 where that 3 is very shaky and probably should be changed to 2½ and that four is a strong one but just not quite enough for 4½.

Runaway a classic.. mm, I guess it could be thought to be one, but the whole series has aroused very mixed reactions. It's worth to try it out though and see if it is your cup of tea.

Lady Kestrel 05-13-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harleyhog (Post 611389)
In Theory the winter is my time for adventure gaming, and the summer is for riding the Harley looking after the garden and fell walking.

My husband rides all year round here in New Jersey as long as it's above freezing and not too wet. He just plugs in his electric undies and goes.

My gaming is not particularly seasonal. I finished Rhem 4 and Botanicula but haven't decided what to play next. Quite a few downloadable games have become available for the Intel Macs, so I'll be playing a bunch of the older ones for the first time. I already peeked into Syberia just to make sure it works, so I may continue with it since it's loaded and ready to go.

tsa 05-13-2012 01:05 PM

I'm working on The Case of the Rose Tattoo, which will probably be followed by Amber's Blood, and then Dark Fall: The Journal. After that I don't know.