You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Summer is coming...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #21

Summer atmosphere?

Sunset over Savannah does it better than any other game, in text or graphics. Here are some excerpts:

Quote:
Dry Sand, South of Pier

The cool early evening has left the beach nearly deserted but for a few joggers and unsupervised children. To the east, the dry, powdery sand goes hard as it rolls down toward the swelling tide. The boardwalk lies back to the west. To the north, tall dunes flank the base of the pavilion, blocking your way.

Someone has scrawled a message and a simple diagram in the powdery sand.

You see a mussel shell, lying in the sand.
Quote:
Middle of Pier

The pier is even longer than it looked. It stretches back west to the great pavilion and continues still further east towards the sea. A small shelter rests at the far end. From below, you can hear the fizzle and hiss of the shallow surf.

Grains of sand on the concrete floor twinkle as the light of the setting sun streaks through them at just the right angle.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:53 AM   #22

So which of the three?
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
She Wants Revenge

Gray Matter is clearly the best in every aspect.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #24

Really?It does look beautiful!I did install Art of Murder but I'm still wondering which one I should really concentrate on!Is Gray Matter a bit prejudiced because it's not supposed to be on par with the Gabriel Knight series?
Old 05-16-2012, 03:53 AM   #25
She Wants Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foinikas View Post
Really?It does look beautiful!I did install Art of Murder but I'm still wondering which one I should really concentrate on!Is Gray Matter a bit prejudiced because it's not supposed to be on par with the Gabriel Knight series?
Gray Matter indeed suffers from the reputation of Gabriel Knight. But nothing can be as good as Gabriel Knight - except Discworld Noir .

Gray Matter's faults are all very minor, mostly true nitpicking. And then some GK fans think it's too girly with a goth chick as a protagonist instead of some ballsy dude . It's not everyone's cup of tea but it's still one the best games in a decade.

I am now installing Diablo III and Dear Esther. There's also The Secret World beta weekends... want to buy more hours to a day.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #26

I don't know about any games that fit the summer, but I plan on playing: Nostradamus Last Prophecy, Incinerations, Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate and maybe, finally, The Witcher I may play others if I finish those in time. I just completed The Secrets of DaVinci: The Forbidden Manuscript, and it put me in the mood for more Kheops .

Last edited by Chrono-Serge; 05-16-2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #27
She Wants Revenge

I am thinking about finishing Nostradamus and playing DaVinci too But it's probably going to be next decade
Old 05-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #28

So Gray Matter is actually a hidden little gem huh?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:39 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post

Gray Matter's faults are all very minor, mostly true nitpicking. And then some GK fans think it's too girly with a goth chick as a protagonist instead of some ballsy dude . It's not everyone's cup of tea but it's still one the best games in a decade.
I agree with you 100% millenia! The game wasn't produced as Jane Jensen would have liked but it had a great well researched & intriguing story which I think suffered from lack of control over it - even so it was a very interesting game!

Foinikas, I don't know about hidden? but perhaps an underrated gem!
Old 05-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #30

Quote:
I am thinking about finishing Nostradamus and playing DaVinci too But it's probably going to be next decade
I loved DaVinci It is pretty non-linear compared to other Kheops games I have played.
Old 05-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #31

Quote:
I loved DaVinci It is pretty non-linear compared to other Kheops games I have played.