Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   The Walking Dead Xbox episode release dates (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/31008-walking-dead-xbox-episode-release-dates.html)

LegendLongy 05-03-2012 04:26 AM

The Walking Dead Xbox episode release dates

After completing the first episode last night I did some fishing around and found these release dates on Team Xbox. If anyone else is waiting like me these might interest you:

■ Episode 2: Starved for Help - May 30th, 2012
■ Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - June 25th, 2012
■ Episode 4: Around Every Corner - July 27th, 2012
■ Episode 5: No Time Left - August 29th, 2012

I read a lot of negativity from the members of this forum regarding this game prior to it's release and I've got to say I absolutely love it. It's a modern point and click adventure game with classic Resident Evil style camera angles. You get lost in the story and it feels like an interactive cartoon. Once again, a win for TellTale in my opinion!

thejobloshow 05-03-2012 05:21 AM

Dragon's Lair feels like an interactive cartoon... Not necessarily an adventure game though.

Do you know if there's any word of an actual physical release when all episodes are out like PC-DVD?

kuze 05-03-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegendLongy (Post 610333)
After completing the first episode last night I did some fishing around and found these release dates on Team Xbox. If anyone else is waiting like me these might interest you:

■ Episode 2: Starved for Help - May 30th, 2012
■ Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - June 25th, 2012
■ Episode 4: Around Every Corner - July 27th, 2012
■ Episode 5: No Time Left - August 29th, 2012

I read a lot of negativity from the members of this forum regarding this game prior to it's release and I've got to say I absolutely love this game. It's modern point and click game with early Resident Evil style camera angles. You get lost in the story and it feels like an interactive cartoon. Once again a win for TellTale in my opinion!

Thank you for the release dates, I was wondering about those myself. And yeah, I absolutely agree with you, Telltale did great with TWD.

LegendLongy 05-03-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejobloshow (Post 610340)
Dragon's Lair feels like an interactive cartoon... Not necessarily an adventure game though.

Do you know if there's any word of an actual physical release when all episodes are out like PC-DVD?

Not sure on the disc release? I usually download their products of what platforms I can which are iOS and XBLA. Check their website out: www.telltalegames.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuze (Post 610349)
Thank you for the release dates, I was wondering about those myself. And yeah, I absolutely agree with you, Telltale did great with TWD.

No problem mate! Glad to help!

Jake 05-03-2012 02:34 PM

Sad news: Those release dates didn't come from Telltale and are therefore not really trustworthy. For all I know, the game will come out on those dates, but I would say right now: Don't expect it. When dates are known, they'll be announced on the Telltale blog, Walking Dead website, Telltale forum, etc. They won't show up first on an unofficial Xbox blog.

Foinikas 05-04-2012 12:36 PM

Will it ever come out on DVD format for the PC? :(

louiedog 05-04-2012 02:45 PM

Most Telltale seasons are available on DVD after all the episodes are finished. If you bought Back to the Future at release you could download the episodes as they became available and then at the end of the season get a DVD for just the shipping and handling cost. Of course the most recent finished series, Jurassic Park, has not been released on DVD this way so they may not be doing it anymore. There is a Jurassic Park DVD in the deluxe release though, but it is more money than the standard one.

Do they not require activation with your Telltale account on disc or something? Is it a collection thing? I don't really know what the advantages of a DVD are for these games.

Foinikas 05-04-2012 02:58 PM

Mostly because I want to buy them in DVDs because I can't and don't download games from the net :)

It's much easier for me to get them on DVD.I honestly hope they release the Walking Dead on DVD because I'm a zombie game nut.And it looks beautiful,right? ;)

BTW I heard the worst about Jurassic Park :S

thejobloshow 05-04-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louiedog (Post 610573)
Do they not require activation with your Telltale account on disc or something? Is it a collection thing? I don't really know what the advantages of a DVD are for these games.

You need to have the DVD in the drive when you want to play the games. Easier to crack and much better than on-line verification IMO.