You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Your first experience with Monkey Island

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #41

Hmm shokran!Truth is that I love this game.I am playing it with the old graphics though.I don't know why,but I like the old graphics more.Hahaha!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #42

I borrowed it from a friend back in the Amiga days. Trouble is, there were lots of errors on the disks. At first it would crash when I tried to exit the Scumm Bar (and the first LeChuck cutscene was supposed to play). I think I managed to fix that using FixDisk, but then I ran into another error when loading the main map of the island and I never managed to fix that. So there was no way to proceed.

I absolutely loved it, though, and a year or so later I got my own, working copy of the game.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #43

I finished Monkey Island 1 and I loved it!
Although it did seem a bit short but no matter what,it's fantastic.It was a masterpiece.In fact,although I thought I should stop and take some time until I start playing Monkey Island 2,I actually started it just to see what's going on and to see Guybrush with the new pirate clothes.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:44 AM   #44

I began to play adventure games at the mid 90s, however as I was young and my English was too poor I didn't bother with MI as it was translated into Hebrew nor it didn't require understanding English (like the Goblins series for example).

I got the copy of MI3 from a friend as a gift in sometime at the early 2000s and I was hook right way! so after I manage to finish the game (not so easy as back then I didn't have Internet and couldn't use writing walkthroughs) I then got the rest of this great series and played them several times, thought MI3 is still the best one in my eyes.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #45

My first time was also with Secret of Monkey Island:special edition.

I could not afford a computer back in the early-mid nineties for the major adventure era so I missed a lot of classics. I played a few adventures in the late 90's-early 00 but didn't really start until I owned my first decent computer in '04 I think. I have been catching up on some classics thanks to re-releases like Monkey Island and new availability through gog.com.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #46

My parents bought me the Monkey Island Bounty Pack as a gift for christmas, 1999. I would have been 9 years old at the time. I played MI 1 first but was confused when there was no voice acting, I figured there was something wrong with my computer and skipped to MI 3 instead! Lol I loved COMI as a child, and I completed it on the millennium