You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure dtp entertainment goes bust

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 12:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuelGordon View Post
Oh man 15 days the worst adventure game i've ever played (def in the worst top five). I enjoyed the mirror series and grey matter.
huh? it's no masterpiece and the release was too rushed, but it's not bad at all. i've played a dozen adventures that sucked way more; westerner 2, mata hari, belief & betrayal, julia: innocent eyes, 3 cards to midnight, forever worlds, lost horizon, cypher ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Most?
Black Mirror 1-3 good
So Blonde terrible
Memento Mori 1-2 average
Grey Matter good
15 days average
Ghost Pirates pretty awful
Mata Hari not good
moment of silence good
overclocked good
lost chronicles of zerzura good (but no english version released yet, i think?)
Old 05-01-2012, 01:18 AM   #22
Red Bicycle Brake Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by fov View Post
Can someone who speaks German explain this better than Google Translate did? I can't tell if they're saying they're going to sell off their licenses, or keep them.

Have they announced bankruptcy as in "we're going out of business"? Or bankruptcy as in "we're filing for court protection so we don't have to go out of business"?
I'll take a quick stab. Opening:
Quote:
Reports circulated on the internet this weekend that dtp entertainment has reported insolvency at the Hamburg court on April 27, 2012. The German publisher's only comments on the matter were through a brief press release.
First quote:
Quote:
"We are convinced that we can successfully continue our business with the help of a planned insolvency lawyer", says Franz Brügmann, chairman of the board at dtp Entertainment. "We have found in Dr. Tjark Thies an experienced insolvency lawyer, who is considered an expert in the area of planned insolvency."
Between:
Quote:
All currently sold titles will continue to be sold. Furthermore they would like to release upcoming games like Memento Mori 2, Alarm für Cobra 11 and Game of Thrones despite what's happening.
Second quote:
Quote:
"The goal is to release already announced titles and products like Memento Mori 2, Alarm für Cobra 11 – Undercover and Game of Thrones on schedule and continue to work with our international partners", explains Steffen Hippe, chairman of sales and marketing.

Last edited by Harald B; 05-01-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #23

I'm sorry to see that dtp Entertainment have filed for bankruptcy but also encouraged to see that they may still publish some games.

I've liked everthing they've produced even 15 Days which would have been amongst favourites for me if it hadn't been for the Cougar Runtime errors & the lack of general support for it which I find inexcusable!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #24
She Wants Revenge

I find most of those titles clearly above average adventures, some actually quite excellent. A few I haven't played yet but will try them out when I have the time. I really hope we will get the English Memento Mori 2 release.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #25

i imagine they'll find another publisher......also their last game Alternativa was in Steam so I imagine even if they don't find another publisher for hard copies they'll probably go Steam.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #26
fov
Rattenmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald B View Post
I'll take a quick stab.
Thank you! That makes a lot more sense.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
so I imagine even if they don't find another publisher for hard copies they'll probably go Steam.
I hope they get their games on Steam. Why are European companies so relucatant to get on steam?

I haven't played a single game made by DTP, Deck 13 etc. Only Pendulo, because they have all their games on steam.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:00 AM   #28
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhi View Post
I hope they get their games on Steam. Why are European companies so relucatant to get on steam?
Because Steam doesn't let them.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #29

why is that?do you know anything more about this?out of curiosity
Old 05-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #30
Senior *female* member

See this thread/post.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...899#post600899
Old 05-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
bad url...can you repost it?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #32
Senior *female* member

It's the same link I posted on the previous page.

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...899#post600899
Old 05-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #33

not knowing how Steam works,this seems quite weird to me.Why do they even need to scrutinize that much what gets on steam and what doesn't?do they lose from taking in a game that doesn't sell that much?i mean it's not like they play the part of investor for a game before it gets made or gamble with their chances on how many of the hard copies will be sold and how many will be left as losses?

can someone explain?
Old 05-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #34
fov
Rattenmonster

Developers/publishers (whoever owns the rights to a publish particular game) submit the game to Steam, and Steam decides whether or not to put it on the service. When they reject a game, their policy is to *not* give the reasons for it, so it's all a bit of a mystery. Good press coverage and awards can get their attention, but not always. They're pretty selective about what they'll take on the service.

I don't know anything about dtp's experiences with Steam specifically, but if they have tried to get their games up there and Steam has rejected them, that wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #35

yeah but why the selection??do they lose money from putting a game on steam which they think wouldn't sell?i could see how it would be a problem if it was a small company and there were little resources so they would have to be selective of what they provide.but i don't think they have a problem in that area and it seems they are doing rather well...is it a prestige thing??
Old 05-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #36

Quote:
Developers/publishers (whoever owns the rights to a publish particular game) submit the game to Steam, and Steam decides whether or not to put it on the service. When they reject a game, their policy is to *not* give the reasons for it, so it's all a bit of a mystery. Good press coverage and awards can get their attention, but not always. They're pretty selective about what they'll take on the service.

I don't know anything about dtp's experiences with Steam specifically, but if they have tried to get their games up there and Steam has rejected them, that wouldn't surprise me at all.
I didn't know Steam was so selective. I don't like that.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
I find most of those titles clearly above average adventures, some actually quite excellent. A few I haven't played yet but will try them out when I have the time. I really hope we will get the English Memento Mori 2 release.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Agreed 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
Most?
Black Mirror 1-3 good
So Blonde terrible
Memento Mori 1-2 average
Grey Matter good
15 days average
Ghost Pirates pretty awful
Mata Hari not good
Well, it always a subjective thing. For me: Grey Matter is excellent, Black Mirror 2&3 are very good, Memento Mori 1 is good ( Memeneto Mori 2 didn't yet released on english so I can't give my final word).
I loved Microids, White Birds productions, City interactive...they all gone. Now Dtp Entertainment goes as well. Sad. The last one of my favorite studios that is still alive is Deep Silver.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #38

Quote:
I don't get it either, because some of the games are available on steam through other publishers. And all of Pendulo's games are there. Pendulo has a great relationship with steam, they are usually featured on the front page during all the big sales.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:52 AM   #39
cookie monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.styles View Post
I loved Microids, White Birds productions, City interactive...they all gone. Now Dtp Entertainment goes as well. Sad. The last one of my favorite studios that is still alive is Deep Silver.
You are mixing up developers and publishers a bit.
White Birds productions was development studio.
Microids, City interactive, DTP were both. City is unfortunately (it mostly produces crap action games) alive and kicking. I haven't heard that their adventure department would have been closed. i guess their new focus is NDS.
DTP had good studios within, House of Tales and Cranberry, which were both killed. Most of adventures published by DTP werent made by them though.
Deep Silver is just a publisher (brand of Koch Media). I'm not sure that if u liked games like Lost Horizon, Secret Files and Perry Rhodan, Deep Silver should be the one who get praise.

Check out devs like Daedalic, KING Art, Deck13, Animation Arts...
Old 05-04-2012, 03:33 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOslo View Post
I didn't know Steam was so selective. I don't like that.
i think it was already mentioned in the forums here, that daedalics titles got rejected many times. crimson cow seem to have similar problems: " steam regularly rejects our titles"