You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arial Type View Post
Ah, I really wish to see Bates, Dahlgren and Verdu back to adventure business
I couldn't agree more! I'm still kinda sad that we didn't get to see The Wheels of Time like it originally was intended. Though the concept sounded impossibly ambitious anyway, and it wasn't necessarily wholly an adventure game either, but certainly something else than the first person shooter we got...

Anyway, Mission Critical wasn't a licensed IP either. Dunno how successful it was. I would love to see it on GOG, DotEmu or similar.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
She Wants Revenge

Gabriel Knight games have very nice patches available, I recently played all three from my old cd-rom versions and they worked perfectly. So GoG purchase is not needed, though the games are so cheap that just go ahead, GoG is a good place to show your support .

I have bought Tex and Broken Sword series (even though I had the 1st game as remastered Steam version and second as old cd version) and then some random adventures on sale. Have a long wishlist there and grabbing some of the titles on every sale.

I really hope they would get all the rare and currently badly working adventure titles.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:02 AM   #23

I would love to see the Legend games on GOG as well, even if licensing issues prevent some of the best ones from showing up there. Unfortunately GOG seems more and more focused on releasing new games these days... they even stopped calling themselves "Good Old Games"
Old 05-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #24
Dreamfall Soon!

I can't get the GOG version of Pandora Directive to work on my PC.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #25

Did you check here?

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/tex_murphy_series/#1335680993

Post whatever problem you're having on that forum if it's not already been asked. Maybe someone will help you out!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
Dreamfall Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneckchen ^.^ View Post
Did you check here?

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/tex_murphy_series/#1335680993

Post whatever problem you're having on that forum if it's not already been asked. Maybe someone will help you out!
Thanks...I have already checked that out and a bunch of other sites and no one seems to know how to fix it. The problem is actually with Overseer and not Pandora's Directive like I originally said.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #27
Chris Barraclough

I love how they've got lots of the old horror adventures that're bloody hard to find/run - 7th Guest, Dark Fall, Sanitarium etc. If they ever got Blackstone Chronicles, I Have No Mouth... and Amber: Journeys Beyond I'd probably mess my pants. Haven't had a PC that'll run them in years.

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-05-2012, 03:43 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk View Post
I love how they've got lots of the old horror adventures that're bloody hard to find/run - 7th Guest, Dark Fall, Sanitarium etc. If they ever got Blackstone Chronicles, I Have No Mouth... and Amber: Journeys Beyond I'd probably mess my pants. Haven't had a PC that'll run them in years.
I ran Blackstone Chronicles on an XP system no problem a couple years ago. Not sure about I Have No Mouth....

For Amber: Journeys Beyond, use Squirt the Cat's installer.

This worked well for me in XP except for one part near the end of the game where you have to type something. I simply couldn't pass that part, but someone posted a save file allowing people to have the password entered and finish the game.

http://www.squirtthecat.com/forum/vi....php?f=12&t=26

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 05-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #29
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by inm8#2 View Post
I ran Blackstone Chronicles on an XP system no problem a couple years ago. Not sure about I Have No Mouth....

For Amber: Journeys Beyond, use Squirt the Cat's installer.

This worked well for me in XP except for one part near the end of the game where you have to type something. I simply couldn't pass that part, but someone posted a save file allowing people to have the password entered and finish the game.

http://www.squirtthecat.com/forum/vi....php?f=12&t=26
Sweet, thanks for the Amber tips mate, I'll be trying those tomorrow! I had Blackstone working on my old XP but when I upgraded it kept crashing out on the intro. I only get to enjoy the fantastically cheesy voiceover for a few mins now...better than nowt, I guess

Check out www.chrisbarraclough.co.uk for promotions and giveaways. Twitter: Seebaruk
Old 05-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #30

Actually, I Have No Mouth... is compatible with ScummVM.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:49 AM   #31

Many of the GOG releases make use of DOSBox and ScummVM to make them run on modern systems. Its the Windows only games can be more involved to get running properly. GOG is great if you do not already own the game, but there are often third party solutions if you do.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:56 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by seebaruk View Post
I have Dark Fall but never had any problem running it in Win7.Did you try the usual administrator rights/compatibility mode(windows sth) ??
Old 05-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #33
Chris Barraclough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhetfield21 View Post
I have Dark Fall but never had any problem running it in Win7.Did you try the usual administrator rights/compatibility mode(windows sth) ??
Yeah, sadly kept glitching out on my laptop - and my patience isn't what it used to be. Back in the day I'd spend hours trying to get old games to work, these days I give up after 10 mins

Cheers for the tips on ScummVM etc guys, I'll give that one a bash too. I really should've just kept my old laptop instead of throwing it out, was a dumbass move

Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 AM   #34
Advie.1

Help, if possible ... I replay now all GOG's Space Quests Releases i am at the 5th part .
1st the color was horrible i fixed it in the compatibility mode and checked the 256 color appearance and i alright passed this problem,... now the game take a lot of time loading from screen to another even when i save or load my progresses ...
did anyone had the same issue with GOG SQ's or with any other games of GOG?

Old 05-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
Help, if possible ... I replay now all GOG's Space Quests Releases i am at the 5th part .
1st the color was horrible i fixed it in the compatibility mode and checked the 256 color appearance and i alright passed this problem,... now the game take a lot of time loading from screen to another even when i save or load my progresses ...
did anyone had the same issue with GOG SQ's or with any other games of GOG?
Does GOG use ScummVM with those games? If not you might be better off just using that and forgetting about whatever GOG uses.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #36
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuntMonkey View Post
Does GOG use ScummVM with those games? If not you might be better off just using that and forgetting about whatever GOG uses.
no.. i purchased them with Dosbox player, but maybe i can write them about using them with ScummVM since i have no idea how to add them to myself to my ScummVM

Old 05-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #37

I wish GOG would get the Quest for Glory games....

Hey, my wish is granted!
http://www.gog.com/en/news/release_quest_for_glory_i_v
Old 05-10-2012, 06:12 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmajik View Post

Hey, my wish is granted!
This is awesome!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #39
Adventure Game Elitist

Send a message via ICQ to Gonchi Send a message via MSN to Gonchi Send a message via Yahoo to Gonchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmajik View Post

Hey, my wish is granted!
http://www.gog.com/en/news/release_quest_for_glory_i_v
<- tears of joy.

Hopefully now more people will be able to play this glorious series.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #40

Finally! I never understood why it was the only Sierra series that hadn't been re-released digitally. Now people have no excuse not to have played these fantastic games.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]