Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Myst 3D... wait, what? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30974-myst-3d-wait-what.html)

Terramax 04-28-2012 09:23 AM

Myst 3D... wait, what?

I've recently read that Myst is being released yet again, this time on the 3DS. Ok, so it's a download game, as opposed to a physical release (so I understand) but am I the only one frustrated that other games in the series aren't being brought across the handhelds? Why not a Myst and Riven double bill? Or better yet, 3D versions of the lesser known Exile and Revelations?

Myst and Riven are heavily dated now, especially considering they're nothing more than slideshows. With amazing sales of games like Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright, does anyone else think game like Exile and Revelations, being more visually appealing and having more depth with the 360 views, would be a perfect choice for 3DS and Vita?

Lady Kestrel 04-28-2012 09:41 AM

RealMyst is already 3D.

Monolith 04-28-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel (Post 609598)
RealMyst is already 3D.

...you definitely didn't read the post. He meant perceptive 3d, not technical 3d.

Fien 04-29-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 609679)
...you definitely didn't read the post. He meant perceptive 3d, not technical 3d.

Eh... are you saying RealMyst's technical 3D is not 3D, doesn't have 360 degree views? :crazy:

Siddhi 04-29-2012 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 609721)
Eh... are you saying RealMyst's technical 3D is not 3D, doesn't have 360 degree views? :crazy:

In the 3DS, the it will pop out of the screen in 3D.

Terramax 04-29-2012 09:26 AM

Sorry, maybe my post isn't clear, so to clarify, I'm asking why they aren't releasing other instalments of the franchise on the handhelds, seeing as they seem like the best platform for adventures.

Indeed, even having RealMyst on handhelds would be more worthwhile than the original being re-released yet again.

Monolith 04-29-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 609721)

*Facepalm*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terramax (Post 609786)
Sorry, maybe my post isn't clear, so to clarify, I'm asking why they aren't releasing other instalments of the franchise on the handhelds, seeing as they seem like the best platform for adventures.

Indeed, even having RealMyst on handhelds would be more worthwhile than the original being re-released yet again.

Well realmyst is coming to the iPhone/iPad. So there is hope, though its not perceptive 3D which 3ds offers, still a better experience.....3DS should of been realmyst.

Lady Kestrel 04-29-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 609679)

I read the post. Excuse me if I didn't understand the terminology. I assume that perceptive 3D is the same as can be experienced in the movies. Being basically monocular due to amblyopia, I've never experienced it myself.

Fien 04-29-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monolith (Post 609788)
*Facepalm*

Thanks for sharing your information with stupid ignoramuses like me.

Monolith 04-29-2012 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel (Post 609791)
I read the post. Excuse me if I didn't understand the terminology. I assume that perceptive 3D is the same as can be experienced in the movies. Being basically monocular due to amblyopia, I've never experienced it myself.

Technical 3d recreates 3 dimensions in a digital space without any optical illusions. Perceptive 3d uses ocular techniques to fool your brain into thinking said subject is 3d. The difference? Technical 3d is like a really detailed painting with perspective. Perceptive is like a beautiful clay sculpture, it has depth.

Oscar 04-29-2012 11:41 PM

"We've made the game 300% more immersive! Now in hi-res ultra-realistic 3D and in real-time! Play it now on your 3-inch mobile phone!"

Fien 04-29-2012 11:44 PM

Good one, Oscar. :D

Monolith 04-30-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 609869)
"We've made the game 300% more immersive! Now in hi-res ultra-realistic 3D and in real-time! Play it now on your 3-inch mobile phone!"

lol Exactly...except i'll be honest. The iphone and ipad offers higher resolution and more detail than you'd get on a normal pc/mac. Moreso the ipad.