Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Trailer for Reset (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30968-trailer-reset.html)

Beacon 04-27-2012 01:07 PM

Trailer for Reset

A trailer is out for an upcoming game that appears to be an adventure game. It is called Reset and the trailer is stunning. The main character is a robot.

http://blastr.com/2012/04/watch-a-touching-robot-re.php

An excerpt from the website:

"The story for the game, created by the artistic team of Alpo Oksaharju and Mikko Kallinen, s being kept shrouded in mystery but is said to be a single-player, time-traveling puzzle game where mood, atmosphere and exploration of a futuristic metropolis are key."

MoonBird 04-27-2012 01:29 PM

wow, really beautiful music, touching and emotional. Also I like the environment and visuals. Time-travelling-puzzle-game concept is an immediate turn-off for me, though

Ah, there were Finnish guys involved :) Nice.

wombatica 04-27-2012 01:36 PM

reminds me of Wall-E meets Hayao Miyazaki's work somehow. Looks fantastic.

inm8#2 04-27-2012 04:22 PM

I'm sold.

TimovieMan 04-28-2012 03:14 AM

I'm loving the trailer. Need to learn more about the gameplay, though. If it's like Myst, it immediately drops off my radar...

Oscar 04-28-2012 03:27 AM

It could be anything. First-Person Shooter, RPG, adventure.

jhetfield21 04-28-2012 11:04 AM

i'm sold too.i'm also interested in the excerpt that said that the video wasn't done with added effects motion capture or anything of that sort but new technology.curius as to what it is exactly.

lewuz 04-28-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 609558)
It could be anything. First-Person Shooter, RPG, adventure.

"Reset is a single player co-op first person puzzle game with a strong emphasis on story and atmosphere. The unique game mechanic in Reset is the ability to travel back in time to solve puzzles co-operatively, with yourself."
It gives me an impression that in won't be RPG at least, luckily. :)
Trailer is nice. :)

Monolith 04-28-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewuz (Post 609622)
"Reset is a single player co-op first person puzzle game with a strong emphasis on story and atmosphere. The unique game mechanic in Reset is the ability to travel back in time to solve puzzles co-operatively, with yourself."
It gives me an impression that in won't be RPG at least, luckily. :)
Trailer is nice. :)

Finally a time clone game that isn't either 2d or badly executed 3d. :D

marcd2011 04-29-2012 08:21 AM

very cool trailer. I wonder if it is actually a robot though, as the terms "grey matter" and "defibrilation" were used on the computer screen which appeared to be inside it. I think it might be some sort of exo-suit for a person, or at the very least it's a cyborg.

TimovieMan 04-29-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcd2011 (Post 609768)
very cool trailer. I wonder if it is actually a robot though, as the terms "grey matter" and "defibrilation" were used on the computer screen which appeared to be inside it. I think it might be some sort of exo-suit for a person, or at the very least it's a cyborg.

When the lights are flickering and turning blue-green, what you see on the left seems to be a human with long hair and a beard.

My guess is that it is a human in an exo-suit...

I loves me a good trailer, have watched it several times already...
Been showing it to a few people as well... :D

jhetfield21 04-29-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 609781)

good man :D

Monolith 04-29-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimovieMan (Post 609781)

Weird how this is the one game people love to show to other people. I showed it at work when it came out on GT.com and got some good praise.

Fien 04-29-2012 10:15 AM

Lovely trailer! :) But it will be years before two guys will have developed an entire game.