You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure rediscovering text adventure - with a twist

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #1

Default rediscovering text adventure - with a twist

apologies for making a new thread on my first post.

Text adventure made by 3 chaps in 72 hrs for a computer game writing compo. Uses completely new game engine.

It's illustrated but true to the genre you navigate using "North", "South" etc. There is a basic puzzle to solve but collecting objects, understanding hints etc. Please forgive the lacking command parsing, limited character interaction etc but time was short.

Play in web browser, requires Chrome, FireFox or Safari. Illustrative mode is the main one, the other two modes are traditional text-only and Boss mode.
http://williame.github.com/ludum_dar...ld_post_compo/

(Ludum Dare entry http://www.ludumdare.com/compo/ludum...view&uid=10313)

We'd really appreciate any feedback from playing it, kind of market research
* Is there enough critical mass to make it worth continuing with the engine (non-commercially)?
* How interested are you in playing more adventures on this engine?
* Do you mod games? Would you write your own adventures?
* Do you normally play text adventures? Do you even know what the genre is?

Last edited by wombatica; 04-27-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #2

wombatica, I'm very much a person that started playing games post text adventures but I have tried a couple. I'm not sure they are for me at the mo but I have noticed that there seems to be a resurgance of text adventures made for ipads? etc (sorry! I'm not quite up-to-date with all the hand held gadgets!) I'm sure that anything that you produce would be of interest on a port to those kind of gadgets!
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissie View Post
wombatica, I'm very much a person that started playing games post text adventures but I have tried a couple. I'm not sure they are for me at the mo but I have noticed that there seems to be a resurgance of text adventures made for ipads? etc (sorry! I'm not quite up-to-date with all the hand held gadgets!) I'm sure that anything that you produce would be of interest on a port to those kind of gadgets!
By good fortune it plays great on an iPAD, I am told.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #4

Well I guess the overwhelming response gives us the hint we needed