You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure The Two Guys from Andromeda return (and launch Kickstarter campaign)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 01:58 PM   #41

Since this is probably going to involve kickstarter, I hope they plan their moves well. If they begin the pledging after the current buzz cutters are over, it will really help their chances.

Do it like the Tex Murphy guys did: announce it to a date were most ongoing campaigns will be over. Not only will it create expectation as it will also relieve the pressure of competition.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM   #42
Filmfreak

Well, if this is going the Kickstarter route, they're going to need a MUCH better video than that. If there's one thing that atrocious vid is not doing, it's inspiring trust.

They'll need to come up with a lot more if they want to be successful.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #43

First episode of the Two Guys from Andromeda podcast is UP! Great interview with Crowe and Murphy - they're speaking together and not killing each other! This is a good sign.

http://guysfromandromeda.com/podcast...wo-guys-speak/

iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/g...st/id519822198
Old 04-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #44
Senior *female* member

Boring. Couldn't stand it for lang. Listened to snippets. What's this about "instant chemistry between the two guys"? Sad. I really hope this is the end of the also-rans on Kickstarter.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #45

Fien, perhaps this game is more to your liking: http://www.mobygames.com/game/angry-birds

Spoiler:
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #46
Senior *female* member

Sorry, thejobloshow, no andromeda guys for me (with or without chemistry), I only play adventures. Let's have something novel and adventurous, PLEASE!
Old 04-23-2012, 10:09 PM   #47
recovering AG addict

I'm listening to it right now (indeed very long...).
It won't be space quest 7, but a new IP with a space adventure theme.
Apparently the negative interview by Scott, brought the 2 back together!

Funding: they have some funding, they liked double fine's kickstarter (who didn't), and kickstarter it will be! So josh(o) was wrong....

Max: Right! We'll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That's spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...
Old 04-24-2012, 06:09 AM   #48
MoP
Comfortably Numb

They're doing it right at least - not jumping in gung-ho, but waiting a while, gathering feedback first, garnering interest, and for now they even encouraged to support Jane/Al. Finally, some reason in the craze.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #49

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...s-of-space-que

Discuss.
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 05-08-2012, 11:15 AM   #50
MoP
Comfortably Numb

Too soon. I'm broke. There, I said it.
Those VO actors are pretty irresistible though. In that lovely, "aw shucks" kind of way.
On a negative note - boxed edition level doesn't include a digital download? Wa?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #51
Schattenjäger

Its just an unbelievable year. If you told me 5 months ago that this year we'd see adventure game projects start for: tim schafer, al lowe, jane jensen, the space guys, and tex murphy......... i wouldv thought you were completely out of your miiiiiiiind.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #52

I really want to pledge to all these adventure game projects from legendary creators, but I have a big problem with this. The kickstarter campaign is (again as many others) too vague. Jane Jensen started vaguely too, but after several updates, I have pretty clear image what is her vision. I know literally nothing about Two Guys as of now. I never played Space Quest so I don't know what to expect. The pitch video and the lengthy description doesn't help at all. For gods sake, if they're doing the fund raising, why they don't have something concrete - the outline of a story, the background concept art, character concepts, just something... For me it's really critical to see what kind of graphics it'll be used (hand painted or crappy 3D renderings). I don't know if their humour will appeal to me (just tell me if it's kids or adult oriented, compare it to some other games - is the humor like in Monkey Island? If yes, that'll be great!) Just give me something to grab on!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #53
Schattenjäger

^2 things. 1: you can play the space quest 2 remake by infamous adventures for free.
2: theres this on the kickstarter -

Quote:
Here is what we’re talking about:
•Every time we reach another $100,000 milestone, we’ll release another enhanced demo version for you to play.
•The playable demos will be the direct ideas of Scott and Mark. (Who else?)
•We will take your feedback to improve the demos for each milestone.
•The demos will be written in HTML5, a programming language that will make the games compatible with most browsers and smart phones right out of the gate!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #54

Default The TWO GUYS FROM ANDROMEDA KICKSTARTER is LIVE NOW!

SPACEVENTURE KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN!

Go ahead! Everybody's waiting for you!
Old 05-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #55
Senior *female* member

Well, that pathetic video certainly didn't convince me I should change my mind about those two guys from Andromeda. At the very least they should have learned their lines by heart. What's with that voice actors lot anyway. Is that woman with the idiotic look on her face really the voice of Gladys? I wish I could somehow unknow that piece of information.

I really hope the Tex Murphy sales pitch will be better than this one. A LOT better.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #56

I honestly couldn't care less about this, I never liked the Space Quest in the first place. I'm just hoping YET ANOTHER ADVENTURE KICKSTARTER doesn't hurt Tex Murphy's chances of getting funded when that Kickstarter launches later on.

Edited out some negativity, by all means good luck to them and I hope they manage to make a good game.

Last edited by Kolorabi; 05-08-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #57
The Space Quest Architect

The Two Guys most certainly are back together, and if you have any doubts, I suggest you view the kickstarter video and see the professionals they have already lined up (whom are thrilled to be onboard), including none other than the original Gary Owens. As Chris Pope ('media expert' with experience working for Disney, Blizzard, and others) attests, their company is legitimate and verifiable, their chemistry is back to what it was when they were at their prime in the Sierra days, and they are capable of making great things happen.

They've got a blast full of ideas in store for this upcoming SpaceVenture, so come on and pledge a little through their kickstarter! They're promising some AWESOME rewards for doing so! They can do the game for $500,000.00, but in order to achieve their idea to the fullest, they want more. Feel free to also check out the JT (Janitorial Times), as it's more active than it has ever been in ages.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:07 PM   #58

Too much, too soon. I'm not ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Is that woman with the idiotic look on her face really the voice of Gladys? I wish I could somehow unknow that piece of information.
LOL!
But I agree: why do they promote voice actors, when they should talk about the game, about story, characters, the development team? That's completely illogical and uninformative.

And, besides, we already got a perfect Space Quest this year - Incinerations.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #59
The Space Quest Architect

I would say because they have enough faith that potential fans can know a promising promise when they see it. These are the minds that changed adventure gaming as we know it for die hard sci-fi and comedy enthusiasts!

They are THE Two Guys from Andromeda, they need not talk of such game details. If you don't trust everything will come together fantastically based upon that single fact, nothing they can say nor do would satisfy you anyhow.

I assume they mention the all-star cast voice actors they have thus far because it demonstrates the level of professional finess they intend to achieve, and the endorsement of some of the greatest pros in the filming and gaming industry! So come on and give just a buck!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #60
female animal lover

Send a message via MSN to Panthera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
What's with that voice actors lot anyway. Is that woman with the idiotic look on her face really the voice of Gladys? I wish I could somehow unknow that piece of information.
She's acting..

I have to say, the pitches by the voice actors were my favourite thing in the video, I liked that three of them really tried to make their video funny and show off their voices (even though I didn't think Rob Paulsen managed it that well).

Other than that I wasn't really impressed, I also haven't played the original space quest games, and I'm not a big fan of humour games, so there has to be a bit more to get me onboard. A pitch, a protagonist, something interesting about the game itself.

At the moment it feels like "back us, we're awesome and we love you guys, so. much, so we're going to make a great game for you because we are awesome and you are awesome!!"

My sporadically updated blogs:
Animation enthusiast, Sci-fi enthusiast and Snark, pedantry and random geekery