Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30913-superbrothers-sword-sworcery-ep.html)

TheLongestJourney 04-14-2012 11:54 AM

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP

It's coming out on Monday on Steam. Anyone else excited? If you don't know about it here's the pitch:

So yeah - if you've never played S:S&S EP but you fondly remember the Sierra & Lucasarts adventures of the early 90s AND/OR if you are in love with the mood & style of Eric Chahi's Another World or Fumito Ueda's Ico AND/OR you find yourself pining for something with a classic The Legend of Zelda vibe AND/OR maybe you just want to play around with something laid back while hanging out in a prog rock videogame concept album... well, then... you have 3 days to get psyched!

Website

They say it will cost a couple dollars more than the current ios version which is $4.99. It won a few awards last year so I think it will be worth it.

Do think Adventuregamers will be reviewing it?

Arial Type 04-14-2012 12:11 PM

This looks interesting! Is it a Cave Story type of game that mixes platform arcade and adventure genres? If so, I will definitely look into it.

Monolith 04-14-2012 01:28 PM

I have it for the iPhone. AMAZING game. The biggest selling point besides the visuals is the Music. It all comes together like an interactive album with some of the better atmospheric pieces for a retro/pixel based game. :D I'm totally obsessed with it.

@Arial: Its not a platformer, its a pointnclick adventure with a very simple combat mechanic that feels more like Quest for Glory than any action game.

Arial Type 04-14-2012 10:29 PM

Oh, well, I'll probably get the game anyway for the sake of pixel art :)

Monolith 04-15-2012 09:23 PM

You don't like pointnclick adventures? :P

It does what all mobile games should do and thats making a game that works around the device instead of simulating gameplay based on a control scheme of a console or pc on a mobile device.

TheLongestJourney 04-16-2012 12:43 PM

Yes! on sale for $5.99 to start with (regular $7.99) Can't wait to get home and start playing.

I'm excited to hear how the music works with the game. Stoked!

kuze 04-16-2012 01:05 PM

I'm wondering why there is no Mac version.

inm8#2 04-16-2012 01:43 PM

Looks very interesting. I imagine it'll pop up in an indie bundle in the future, so I may hold off due to my current backlog.

thejobloshow 04-16-2012 03:20 PM

I'm hearing a lot of genres getting thrown around here - is it an adventure game, a cinematic platformer, an action adventure or a Metroidvania?

A mixture of all these genres is very welcomed.

Monolith 04-16-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejobloshow (Post 608089)
I'm hearing a lot of genres getting thrown around here - is it an adventure game, a cinematic platformer, an action adventure or a Metroidvania?

A mixture of all these genres is very welcomed.

It is simply an adventure game. Like I said, Quest for Glory is the best comparison.

OlegBeloV 04-17-2012 07:37 AM

Oh right, been waiting for the pc version. Buying it now!