You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Quiz: 'don't let the sun go down on me'

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 11:01 AM   #61

A great bonus of being mad enough to post a quiz on a site I've only been a member of for only '5' minutes is the very entertaining banter afterwards! - I just can't stop laughing & just know you all love each other really! - you do don't you .......

Pic 61, btw zobraks, wasn't just 3 lines on a bland yellow sky - it had some mountains at the bottom? & some orange/red sky at the top!

Seriously though, I was disppointed with the small size of the pictures but to be fair you could probably whizz through screenshots without having to enlarge them to see that there was a sunst/sunrise in them as you might have to do with smaller details........
Old 04-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #62
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissie View Post
A great bonus of being mad enough to post a quiz on a site I've only been a member of for only '5' minutes is the very entertaining banter afterwards! - I just can't stop laughing

Yes, of course. In fact the ensuing banter is one of the bigger reasons many of us take part in quizzes. Most of us (I reckon) are sick and tired of guessing the AG pictures (I know I am), but we just can't get enough of humo(u)r!

P.S. Don't let my (sarcastic) comments on size of your pictures get to you - that's how I am, I just have to mumble & grumble about something. Like Diego already said, the bad visibility was an additional (although unexpected) challenge for the seasoned picture-guessers.

Last edited by zobraks; 04-18-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #63
Advie.1

zobraks how are you man?,( a big off topic post), but it seems like you are ...i dont know how to say , feels like you are upset of me or something.
i hope i did not make any stupid approaches.....
anyways Cheers man

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 04-18-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #64
Flower bower bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by diego View Post
6. Leave the AGS games to Lady Kestrel.
Those sneaky little games were etched indelibly into my brain when I kept missing them in the JA tournaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
To top it all there was (my favo(u)rite) Lillica Frankenstein Jessica Plunkenstein: The Dusseldorf Conspiracy. Christ.
Compared to 'Jessica Plunkenstein', 'Guybrush Threepwood' sounds so drab.
That’s a great name, and I always thought it would be a fun game to play. I mean, who could resist a visit to Llamaland?

Quote:
I almost forgot the most amazing thing about this quiz.
How do you explain the fact that the screenshot from the most hyped AG EVER (yes, I mean (Holy) Syberia) was recognised by 3 (THREE!!!) people only?
And I know that at least one of those three never played it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissie View Post
OOPS! Sorry about the confusion (I confused myself!) - the clip was from the installation screenshot from Moby games as mentioned by HandsFree & not box art at all!
I’ve never made a mistake in any of the quizzes I’ve made. (I lie. Do you want to see my error list? Just ask Zobraks. He keeps track.)

Fien,
I can’t tell you how many times stumbled over a screenshot for one game while looking for another. That bit of serendipity keeps me looking long after I should be in bed.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:35 AM   #65
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Kestrel View Post
Those sneaky little games were etched indelibly into my brain when I kept missing them in the JA tournaments.
I missed those tournaments, but had a peak or two afterwards.

Quote:
To top it all there was (my favo(u)rite) Lillica Frankenstein Jessica Plunkenstein: The Dusseldorf Conspiracy.
Quote:
That’s a great name, and I always thought it would be a fun game to play. I mean, who could resist a visit to Llamaland?
There's nothing wrong with that game, it was just a frustrated quiz player talking out of me. I always liked the name of that game and if the rest of it follows it must be a quirky little piece of entertainment software.

Quote:
How do you explain the fact that the screenshot from the most hyped AG EVER (yes, I mean (Holy) Syberia) was recognised by 3 (THREE!!!) people only?
Quote:
Name:  eek.gif
Views: 100
Size:  1.2 KB
Now that's one hell of a brave statement to make. I already hear the average AGers screaming "Sacrilege!", "Blasphemy!" as they bring firewood to a stake you're tied to.
Not me, of course. Although Syberia is a good (maybe even great) game I always had some reserve to it because of the enormous hype that followed it.

Quote:
I’ve never made a mistake in any of the quizzes I’ve made.
Hehe. It's easy for you: you can always lay the blame on The Beast. (Hi there, Steab! )

Quote:
I lie. Do you want to see my error list? Just ask Zobraks. He keeps track.

Guilty as charged. I'm the Official Nitpick of MMFT (and proud of it Name:  smart_ass.gif
Views: 113
Size:  441 Bytes).
Old 04-19-2012, 02:45 AM   #66

Here's the third Syberia guesser. I've actually played the game, but not part two because I never liked #1. (ducks)
So you can't blame the hype on me.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:39 AM   #67
Senior *female* member

I have fond memories of Syberia II. After the hype about the first one, I decided that I wanted to see the end of the story, but I already knew it was not a keeper. So I preordered it and the moment it arrived, put it on ebay as "played only once, in excellent condition". That gave me 3 days to play the game, which was plenty. The bidding went up quite high and although I don't remember the final price, I made a profit.

I'm one of the people who didn't care much for Syberia. Great graphics, tearjerker story.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:47 AM   #68
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Quote:
Although Syberia is a good (maybe even great) game I always had some reserve to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsFree View Post
Here's the third Syberia guesser. I never liked #1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
I'm one of the people who didn't care much for Syberia.
Name:  confused.gif
Views: 102
Size:  1.1 KB
Who ever liked Syberia then?

Quote:
Syberia II... I preordered it and the moment it arrived, put it on ebay as "played only once, in excellent condition". That gave me 3 days to play the game, which was plenty. The bidding went up quite high and although I don't remember the final price, I made a profit.
Name:  lol.gif
Views: 74
Size:  3.5 KBName:  aplauz.gif
Views: 101
Size:  2.2 KB
Old 04-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #69
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Who ever liked Syberia then?
Women. That Kate character changes from a hardboiled business woman into a motherly female whose only desire is taking care of others. Just look at the number of NPCs in the game who are not quite all there.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking. But I'm not representative of my gender.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 AM   #70
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
That Kate character changes from a hardboiled business woman into a motherly female whose only desire is taking care of others.
Yeah, the raving reviews are full of that crap stuff, I never saw that in the actual game.
How could Syberia make anyone cry is beyond me. I guess it's just me.

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you're thinking. But I'm not representative of my gender.
And I keep thanking God for that .
Old 04-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #71
Flower bower bird

I'm sure I would have played both Syberia games if they had bothered to port them to Macs. I may have even liked them because I am a sucker for three-hanky stories. They did finally code Amerzone for the Intel Macs, which I downloaded and will play soon, so maybe someday I'll get a chance to see what the Kate Walker hype was all about. The abundant screenshots around the web are lovely, so I would play them for the eye candy, if nothing else.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #72

I liked the Syberia games - I thought they were lovely as I'm a complete sucker for a sob story too Lady Kestrel!

I know you play on a Mac Lady K which I know is a far better system for creative work but how limited are you with the games you can get?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:19 PM   #73
Flower bower bird

There are far fewer Mac games than those developed for Windows, but more are becoming available for the newer Macs all the time, especially downloads. I still have a huge pile of older ones to play in OS 9 on my older iMac, and if I run out of games to play, I'll consider trying Boot Camp.