Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   The best threads...uh, thread (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30886-best-threads-uh-thread.html)

diego 04-10-2012 03:50 PM

The best threads...uh, thread

As you may know, there's gonna be some changes with the site and the forums, and all the threads will go to the archive. I say this calls for a tribute to those that are your favorites, and who knows - maybe we can save them :D

Obviously, i'll start with the Adventure Game Scene, Captain Blondebeard's oasis to every adventure lover, place to discover or remember games... But watch out for the dreadful "pirates" zobraks, Trunkyo... and don't try FMV on Fien. If you see them sail around, chances are you'll walk empty handed.

Next, and less popular than it's big brother - AG sound, which i've discovered thanx to Kurufinwe when he revived it . Watch out for Kuru, ollie, Shany, Trunkyo (again, Mr. Demon?)... they'll snap it before you hear it.

Then, we have sexually indifferent threads, like this inquiry. And of course, who can forget this one.

Top 10 is always a popular choice, and there's also a neat thread for rare games.

I loved all the quizzes, especially this one, as well as the playthroughs, like TUBMC, Overseer, Gag, and DN

Kurufinwe 04-10-2012 04:17 PM

There were so many great threads. The forum games, the playthroughs, the Adventure Game Scene of the Day, the 10 billion Samorost Day threads, the epic fights...

For obvious reasons, I have a particular fondness for this thread and that one (damn Imageshack has eaten half of the pictures!).

But in all my years on the forums, my favourite thread will always, always, remain this one (the original picture was from Broken Sword 2). With a mix a nostalgia, serious exploration of the games, silliness and some interaction with the developers, it embodies everything I love about these forums.

I can't believe all of this is moving to cold storage. :frown:

Fien 04-10-2012 05:10 PM

I agree with most of Diego’s suggestions. The new forums wouldn’t be the same without the continuing story of the Adventure Game Scene (copy and paste thousands of posts MANUALLY?? :crazy:) and definitely all the quizzes and all the community playthroughs. Although of course it could be argued that they too belong in the archive.

A personal favorite of mine (it’s okay to call me biased :shifty:) is Veruncheeks thread: The Last Express - everything about this gem game. http://www.adventuregamers.com/forum...ad.php?t=23851

I'd also like to see the Double Fine Adventure thread about their Kickstarter project transferred to the new forums.

PS: Gee, I’m suprised but feel flattered by your quiz choice. Diego. Vamps/Vampires was my least popular quiz, judging by the number of participants.

zobraks 04-11-2012 12:32 AM

Somebody, please save the Adventure-games with big ass titties!!!!!
:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 607223)
Gee, I’m suprised but feel flattered by your quiz choice. Diego. Vamps/Vampires was my least popular quiz, judging by the number of participants.

Pay no attention, he's just sucking-up (I believe you :pan: him for not taking (enough) part in that quiz :D).

Off-topic: I'm backing up the most interesting pages of AGF like there's no tomorrow!
:crazy:
And they said the end of the world would be on 21st of December!?! :( Stupid Mayas.

P.S. We should look at the bright side of this cataclysm: all the 367 topics opened by a certain member (one and the same) in the last three weeks will be gone just as well. :P

Fien 04-11-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zobraks (Post 607266)
Pay no attention, he's just sucking-up (I believe you :pan: him for not taking (enough) part in that quiz :D).

Really? I must have forgotten. You're right, I shouldn't feel flatterd. I bet it's the vamp part that appealed to Diego.

Quote:

Off-topic: I'm backing up the most interesting pages of AGF like there's no tomorrow!
Why? The archive will be accessible.

zobraks 04-11-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

I'm backing up the most interesting pages of AGF like there's no tomorrow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 607268)
Why? The archive will be accessible.

Can you imagine Adventure game scene... (or a Chaplin movie for that matter) without pictures :crazy:?

Fien 04-11-2012 01:09 AM

Man, I never thought of that! No pics in the archive, are you sure? That's a shame.

TimovieMan 04-11-2012 07:52 AM

Why wouldn't there be any pictures in the archived forums? Imo, that's not how it works. Could be wrong, though...
Keeping the forums archived as they are is a necessity. There's a wealth of information in them and it'd be a shame to lose that...

Anyway, by the looks of it, you're already on top of resurrecting all the necessary threads. If possible, try not to lose the lamps/chairs/wells/cats/elephants... quizzes we've had. Those are great.

The General and Chit-chat forums also have a few threads that'll need resurrecting on the new-and-improved forum, but I'm sure someone will do so, so meh... :D

Dale Baldwin 04-11-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 607274)
Man, I never thought of that! No pics in the archive, are you sure? That's a shame.

No idea where zobraks is getting that from. All that should happen is this forum becomes read-only.

Images are bound to disappear if hosted off-site though, as is the case with a lot of the original pics in that thread.

zobraks 04-11-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zobraks (Post 607269)
Can you imagine Adventure game scene... (or a Chaplin movie for that matter) without pictures :crazy:?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 607274)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin (Post 607362)
No idea where zobraks is getting that from.

I know how an average archive of a forum looks like - all text, no pictures. I'd love to be wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin (Post 607362)
Images are bound to disappear if hosted off-site though, as is the case with a lot of the original pics in that thread.

So Adventure game scene thread (and all the other 'picture-heavy' threads) will never be the same. :frown:

diego 04-11-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

I believe you :pan: him for not taking (enough) part in that quiz :D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fien (Post 607268)
You're right, I shouldn't feel flattered. I bet it's the vamp part that appealed to Diego.

if my memory serves me well (even if it doesn't, i checked the thread), i believe i was the BEST participant in that quiz, with a near-perfect score of 9 :7

what i liked about the quiz (yes, vamps too) was the "before/after" pics of the lovely ladies

chrissie 04-11-2012 12:41 PM

I haven't been a member long enough to be familiar with many of the threads but I have enjoyed browsing The Adventure Scene one & the most recent picture quizzes! :)