You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Best playable Team (no list or poll, just an opinion)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #1
Advie.1

Default Best playable Team (no list or poll, just an opinion)

Surely many games with team like Sam & Max, Gabriel & Grace and Nico and Sobbart ..... are so memorable

my choice is Larry and Patti at Larry3 III though the latter had just little part and appearance in the game... but i always remember how i loved the moment when Patti woke and found Larry is not next her (disappeared) and started searching for him in those jungles , maybe because just it was my 1st time to play with more than one Hero at one adventure (at that time) , it was a kind of surprise to. nice one though especially it changed the hunting chicks theme that was before and was some kind of emotional thing that was not featured in the the 1st two volumes.

i know (maybe surely) the Bernard,Laverne and Hoagie team are the best playable team that were ever created in an Adventure game(imo) due to those great puzzles solved between them three.. but i have a soft spot for Larry and Patti

Last edited by Adventurere No.1; 04-04-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:25 AM   #2
Senior Automaton

Can I include The Journeyman and Arthur? I don't know if that counts as a team, but I liked that a lot. But then you'd probably have to include Wheatley and Chell from Portal 2.

Sam & Max is very clever, the way they interact and the humor is great. I've vote for them as best team.

Oh wait, scratch that!

Wait again! Am I stupid?

Last edited by Oscar; 04-04-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #3

^ I was going to say Gage and Arthur from TJP games as well.

Rosa and Joey from the Blackwell series.

Ethan and Madison from Heavy Rain.

Of course #1 is Gabriel and Grace.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-04-2012, 04:57 AM   #4

Great notion on Arthur. "Myst-like" games are not completely without its "sidekicks" and teamwork. Although, i can't remember of the top of my head more of it in 1st person. Oh wait - Sherlock and Watson.

Torin and Boogle in Torin's Passage

similar one is Sadwick and Spot in The Whispered World. in Touché, the hero and his manservant

and of course, Toonstruck

and if you count that - Al Emmo and the narrator

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #5

I liked Detective Inspector Hector and Lambert from Hector: Badge of Carnage! Hector is a crude jerk, and Lambert is friendly but stupid. A perfect team!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:02 AM   #6

Manny and Glottis
Old 04-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #7

Sam & Max would win this hands-down. It's one thing to see two characters working together, but you don't really understand the depths of their relationship until they're separated. And as evidenced in various episodes/mediums, Sam tends to become violent and manic depressive in the absence of Max - and Max will just sit there screaming to himself in the absence of Sam. Each has a chaotic nature that keeps the other in check.

Sybil Pandemic got it completely right back in Season 1 when she let Sam & Max use her dating service and she automatically paired them up together as the perfect couple.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #8

My absolute favourite teams are Gabriel & Grace (GK), George & Nico (BS) & Rosa & Joey from the Blackwell series.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #9

Hmm, I don't know if this counts as a team, or a combination, but how about Kate, Oscar, and the wind-up train in Syberia 1? Of course, that came to a screeching halt in Syberia 2, too bad, methinks!
Old 04-08-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
Filmfreak

No love for Indiana Jones and Sophia Hapgood?
Bernard, Hoagie and Laverne??
Or even Beavis and Butt-Head???

Also, I don't think Manny and Glottis count, because you never play as Glottis. I thought OP meant that all characters in the team had to be playable at some point in the games...
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
She Wants Revenge

I definitely second Gabriel and Grace, Sam and Max, Joey and Rosa (or even the aunt whose name I forgot, I dug her). DotT team was brilliant as was the game itself.

And with all this GK love let's not forget Gray Matter either. Sam and Styles were very interesting pair, I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

And haven't yet played Hector but will soon.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #12

Gus and Vic MacPherson. Their partnership transcends time and space
Old 04-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #13
Stalker of Britain

I love Holmes/Watson, so they would be the team for me. <3
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 04-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #14

The moment I saw the thread title, I thought of the DoTT trio. Their interaction isn't as well-developed as the relationships of some duos, but they have a fun, dorky variety to them. They're world-saving misfits.

I'd add Walker and Silhouette from the game of the same name, but it is a little short.

(Gabriel and Grace goes without saying.)