Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   Which games haven't you played? (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30829-games-havent-you-played.html)

Oscar 04-02-2012 06:45 PM

Which games haven't you played?

There have been so many threads on your favorite games and opinions on games you've played. What about ones you haven't? Games that have been on your 'to play' list or games you haven't been able to find or get working on your PC.

I haven't played...

Toonstruck - I have tried to get it running on my old Windows XP computer, tried to get it running on Windows 7. Tried DosBox, D-Fend, Virtual machines. No luck! I've heard so much about it and am sure I will enjoy it when I finally get it working.

Black Dahlia - I'd heard about it for a while but didn't know much about it. After reading the Top 100 list I simply had to add it to my play list! It looks really good, but I'm afraid of it not working on my PC.

Blackstone Chronicles - It's the only Legend graphic adventure I haven't played. Seeing as I'm very much a horror fan AND a Legend fanboy, I'm certain I will like it. Now I just need to find a copy and hope that it will work!

King's Quest 1,2 and 4 - I know, I know: classics! must play! The first KQ game I played was V and haven't been able to bring myself go backwards except for a brief sojourn with the KQ3 remake, which I found frustrating with its dead ends and random deaths. The AGD remakes look appealing and I enjoyed the QFG ones, but they never get the character portraits quite right. Excuses excuses! ;)

Winterfury 04-02-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 605916)
Toonstruck - I have tried to get it running on my old Windows XP computer, tried to get it running on Windows 7. Tried DosBox, D-Fend, Virtual machines. No luck! I've heard so much about it and am sure I will enjoy it when I finally get it working.

ScummVM supports it and ScummVM is super-easy to set up.

TerminusEst 04-02-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Toonstruck should work fine with ScummVM. Have you tried that?

Quote:

King's Quest 1,2 and 4 - I know, I know: classics! must play! The first KQ game I played was V and haven't been able to bring myself go backwards except for a brief sojourn with the KQ3 remake, which I found frustrating with its dead ends and random deaths. The AGD remakes look appealing and I enjoyed the QFG ones, but they never get the character portraits quite right. Excuses excuses! ;)

I'm in a similar situation. I've been thinking of giving AGD Interactive's trilogy of remakes a shot. Some people might call that a travesty but these games are truly very old and unforgiving... at least too old and unforgiving for my infirm psyche.

My list is way way way too long. It comprises about half of the Top 100. Chipping away at it as we speak, however :)

Edit: Winterfury beat me to the ScummVM suggestion.

Oscar 04-02-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerminusEst (Post 605921)
Toonstruck should work fine with ScummVM. Have you tried that?

The last time I tried it was several years ago, when ScummVM didn't support it. I didn't know it does now, thanks!

Kurufinwe 04-02-2012 07:25 PM

I bought Culpa Innata during a Steam sale a while ago, but haven't even installed it yet. Likewise with Secret Files 2 (although that was a slightly more recent Steam sale). And now that I think of it, L.A. Noire is also in the same situation (and that was yet another Steam sale).

I think I really need to stop buying stuff during Steam sales...

skeeter_93 04-02-2012 07:41 PM

I've never played KQ6... I also never finished LSL5.

JuntMonkey 04-02-2012 07:44 PM

Leisure Suit Larry 7 - My favorite series and yet I haven't played one of the main games in it. How odd.

Quest for Glory 1, 3, 4 - I own the collection (have for about 13 years) but have only played 1 for about an hour. Have never touched 3 and 4 (in fact, assuming I'm not wrong about that, those are the final 2 pre-KQ7 Sierra adventures that are completely new to me). I played the original 2 in the '90s and when I get around to the series again I'll probably substitute the AGDI remake.

Police Quest 2, 4 - I've finished the others, but got stuck early in 2 about 12 years ago, and got stuck late in 4 about 18 years ago (Jesus...). Clearly I will be starting these from the beginning.

King's Quest VIII - Owned on GOG. Not quite as bad as my Leisure Suit Larry 7 hole since it's sort of a black sheep.

Nothing else that I can think of that I'd consider a serious hole at this time.

Adventurere No.1 04-02-2012 09:25 PM

Seriously i Dont who is that Tex Murphy :)
i remember playing a old game once i guess it was under the killing moon (not sure) 93-94 and i actually hated it but later on after many years i hear people talking about Tex Murphy's Games and i discovered that that game was a Tex Murphy game ..... honestly i never brothered to try ...any!

Ace Attorney game which also always i hear someone talking about , and dont know what is it... is it for PC also, how many parts of this title out there that are called Ace Attorney , also i never bothered .

i Played all The KQ's But never finished the 3rd , i dont know something about it feels awkward, everytime i try.

and JuntMonkey believe about Larry 7 ,it is not much greater than the 2nd and the 3rd which seem you played .and i guess you know how great they were.

i hate Larry 1... i have no idea why it is so popular.. which AGDi would give the 2nd and the 3rd parts a try!

valypan 04-02-2012 11:56 PM

I have not played The 7th guest and Penumbra. I pretty much always play all adventure games I am drawn to, so not much on my to-play list

Drolin 04-03-2012 12:13 AM

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Works fine on XP, but I haven't played it yet. It also look more interesting for me then another two 7th Level MPs.

Superhero League of Hoboken
Last of "new" Legend adventures I have to play. Since I really like Death Gate, CCS, Mission Critical and Blackstone Chronicles, it is must play for me.

Orion Burger
I just love main story theme of the game :). But the time based tests still keeping me from playing it

Rex Nebular and the Cosmic Gender Bender
Another interesting adventure I have to try.

My list contains about 50+ adv at this moment, so I write a few more - The Space Bar, Dust, Drowned God, Morpheus, The Big Red Adventure...

millenia 04-03-2012 08:13 AM

There's so much I can hardly list them all. I just recently played Tex Murphy for the first time, still haven't played Blade Runner. I have loads and loads of games unplayed in Steam, Desura, Gamestop...

I need to stop WoW and school work it seems ;). But I think inspired by this thread I'm gonna start an actual list "to be played & to be bought" so choosing the next adventure should get easier.

TimovieMan 04-03-2012 10:14 AM

My "list of games to play" currently holds 76 PC adventure games (where full seasons count as one single game), 4 DS adventure games and 2 non-adventure games.
A few of those will be replays (off the top of my head: Curse of Monkey Island, Escape from Monkey Island, Discworld and the first two Simon games) and a few will be semi-replays (where I started the game years ago but never finished it then - Zork: Nemesis, King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride, Simon the Sorcerer 3D, Lost Eden). All others are games I've never played before, and most of those are games where I'm almost embarassed to admit that I've never played them before...

On the list: all three Gabriel Knight games, all Tex Murphy games, The Last Express, Bad Mojo, Toonstruck, Machinarium, both Portal games, Blade Runner, Beneath a Steel Sky, etc., etc., etc.

I'm slowly chipping away at them, though. Or I will be again soon (my Mass Effect 3 playthrough is reaching its final stages).

Games that aren't featured on my "list of games to play" and that I've never played before are either games I never heard of, or games that don't interest me (enough).
If they're not on there, they practically don't exist. :D

Oscar 04-03-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winterfury (Post 605919)
ScummVM supports it and ScummVM is super-easy to set up.

The compatibility list says only 80% of the game is complete. Has anyone tried Toonstruck on ScummVM?

Kurufinwe 04-03-2012 06:14 PM

The list of known bugs is here. Nothing even close to gamebreaking. You should be safe.

Oscar 04-03-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurufinwe (Post 606111)
The list of known bugs is here. Nothing even close to gamebreaking. You should be safe.

So how do I install it from the CD? The install program can't be run in ScummVM as far as I'm aware, nor Dosbox.

TerminusEst 04-03-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 606121)
So how do I install it from the CD? The install program can't be run in ScummVM as far as I'm aware, nor Dosbox.

You will need to dump a bunch of data files from the CDs into a folder as per the instructions here. The list of files is here.

Fien 04-04-2012 02:12 AM

Ripper - Saved it for a rainy day and now that I’m dying for another FMV game I can’t get it to work.

Big Red Adventure - Another one I’d really love to play, such nice graphics too. It should be playable in DOSbox, but the only thing happening is the DOS text turning red (how appropriate).

Silent Steel - An ancient interactive movie on a submarine, that probably nobody except me has heard of.

Faust - I participated in the community playthrough and had to give up because of a real stupid bug: a shoe that refused to show up. Not even a savegame supplied by someone else got me out of the mess. I suppose it’s youtube for me.

And many more... :shifty:

DustyShinigami 04-04-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar (Post 606109)
The compatibility list says only 80% of the game is complete. Has anyone tried Toonstruck on ScummVM?

Look at it this way: if you encounter any bugs, report them. This way, you'll help the developers get the game closer to 100% compatible. :)

I still have some titles I wanna play, such as:

Stacking
Gray Matter
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Another Code: Two Memories
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
Professor Layton and Pandora’s Box
Professor Layton and the Lost Future
Professor Layton and the Spectre’s Call
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny
The Dig
Toonstruck
Heavy Rain
The Book of Unwritten Tales

I may also check out To the Moon, Gemini Rue, Black Dahlia, Sanitarium, Blade Runner, The Lost Crown, Blackstone Chronicles and the Dark Fall series, too.

A.A 04-04-2012 05:30 AM

I played 10 minutes of the original Myst and avoided every other incarnation of that atrocity from there on.

Pretty much every first-person adventure game you can think of, I will have actively avoided.

Return to Zork is the exception, because it was so funny it's ineptitude.

GreyFuss 04-04-2012 05:30 AM

No games I haven't played, at least that interest me. My only games I play now is when a new release comes out.