You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Leisure Suit Larry and Al Lowe need your help on Kickstarter

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post
Interestingly, you're the one who told Logas she didn't need to apologize as long as she was still working on the project. I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that!
Yup, if the game is really near completion as she says, why not? I also said she should give back the money if she wasn't really going to deliver. And? I don't even have much of a say in the subject anyway, being that I didn't support her.

You, on the other, used your money to back a completely unknown developer with an ambitious project where any reasonable person could see shortcomings happening just by reading and thinking.

And now you want to ditch "sure-fire" kickstarters with proven developers because of that... really, explain to me how that makes sense? Do you think, for instance, that Logas would be comparable to Jensen in terms of reputation, talent and background? Do tell.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:28 AM   #122
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banter View Post
You, on the other, used your money to back a completely unknown developer with an ambitious project where any reasonable person could see shortcomings happening just by reading and thinking.
Sigh. No, I did not. He is definitely not completely unknown, he has developed games before, his project was not ambitious (a 3 dollar iPhone game??) and if you can see specific shortcomings you should name them instead of making sweeping statements about reasonable persons. But my response is not an invitation to continue a useless discussion. I already said I don't want to hurt JJ's and AL's projects. I couldn't care less about Logan and her project (which apparently has been "near completion" for a long time), she's just a fine example of all the things that can go wrong. I get the impression you haven't heard a word I said about context, blabla. No use in repeating myself for the umpteenth time.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #123
fov
Rattenmonster

Hey everyone - there are a few different Kickstarter threads going on now and obviously stuff is going to overlap somewhat, but let's try to keep the discussion in this thread focused on the Leisure Suit Larry project.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #124

Is there any way to read just Al, Josh, and Paul's comments in the Reddit thing?
Old 04-14-2012, 11:24 PM   #125

Yep.

http://www.reddit.com/user/allowe
http://www.reddit.com/user/ptrowe
http://www.reddit.com/user/JoshMandel
Old 04-19-2012, 12:01 PM   #126

Thank you.

Got a big bump today, one or big donors I guess. Will definitely make it, it's down to needing around $6500 a day.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #127

Larry is on a roll! Got a 10K backer yesterday, and since then it's been going fast! Hopefully the speed will be as steady as this for 12 days!
Old 04-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #128

People have also been upping their pledge because of the t-shirt design they unveiled. It looks bloody wonderful. Adventure Mob have my full confidence now.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #129
never stops believin'

I upped to $40 for the T-shirt.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #130
Lovable rogue

Dammit, if I gave Tim Schafer my money I can't not give some to Al too!

"My mental image of Jat is a gentleman sitting in a leather armchair, wearing a robe. The light in the room is dim and strangely he's not sitting in front of a computer, but next to a small, round table with a box of cigars on." - Jelena

Old 04-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #131

Almost there...

I wonder what they will throw in for other goals ($600k, $700k)
Old 04-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #132

Funding rate seems to be rising too rather than falling. Only around $3.5K per day needed. I don't know that it would make $600K though.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #133

This Kickstarter should finish respectfully this week. However, an important lesson has been learned - adventure games do NOT have the same pull as RPGs so you better space your shit out if you want to use Kickstarter as a funding model.

And to the Delaware St. John team... I'm sorry, dude.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #134

I went ahead and pledged 15 dollars. Might as well. It's just like I'm paying for the game. It may even cost more than that when it gets released.

And I've never played a Leisure Suit Larry game before so this will be completely new to me.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:10 AM   #135
Jumping peanut on a stick

Truth to be told, 500.000$ raised for a remake of the remake is pretty amazing.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 AM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor View Post
Truth to be told, 500.000$ raised for a remake of the remake is pretty amazing.
Agreed. I really thought they might have trouble raising the money, but they were non stop on the marketing and it really paid off.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #137

I have to agree about the marketing. This Kickstarter was sold to many people on the personality of Al Lowe and the prospect of a Larry 8 after this.

I'm so glad Al, Josh, Paul and everyone else was able to break through so many people's cynicism. These are the coolest guys around and they're back where they should be.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #138
Dr Uberman

LSL1 was my first and probably fave AG but I have to say the new art style sux and Larry looks woeful.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:46 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burge View Post
Larry looks woeful.
Well at least it's consistent to his character. Seriously though, don't you have some child's sand castle to kick down or something? Shoo fly.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #140

Speaking of which, a guy over at Replay Games forum has proposed his version of Larry:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/111/7/e/my_larry_compare_by_irishmile-d4x52qb.jpg

While i'm not sure this is what i would like Larry to look like, it is obvious that more details, shades... are needed, and i agree that the original sprite is flat and out of place in this background.

The Biggest Adventure of the Past, Present and Future!