You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Most Anticipated Adventure Game at E3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2004, 04:17 PM   #1

Default Most Anticipated Adventure Game at E3

What's your most anticipated adventure game at E3. Mine would be both Dreamfall and Project Jane-J. I think either Project Jane-J and Dreamfall would pretty much be everyones most anticipated. Is anyone anticipating any other adventures that will be at E3.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #2

Default The games I want to see at E3 are...

I want to see some news about the new Leisure Suit Larry game, so I can make up my mind on whether or not to buy the game.

I also am really looking forward to reading about Myst 4: Revelation, Prince of Persia 2, Dreamfall, The Moment of Silence (if it's going to be there, that is), and maybe even Runaway 2. Despite all the mixed feelings for the game on the internet, I really liked it.

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:51 PM   #3

Dreamfall! and maybe Runaway 2 but I can not, possibly, in any way, think of a good sequel game plot, seeing how the first game's plot sucked, can you?
Old 04-27-2004, 09:56 PM   #4

Dreamfall. I'm not too sure about Runaway 2, though. I hope they are fixing some of the problems with the first.
And non-adventures: Prince of Persia 2 (or is it 5?) and Jak III.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:35 PM   #5

What adventures will be at E3. We know that Project Jane-J and Dreamfall will be there, as well as The Adventure Company's line-up. I think I read that Law & Order: Justice is Served and Law & Order: Criminal Intent will be there as well. It's probably way too early to expect anything from BASS2.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #6
merely human

For me it's definitely Project Jane-J. I'm looking forward to another well integrated, complex, and mature story. She's the elite as far as that.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien
Old 04-29-2004, 06:47 PM   #7

It's pretty clear that Dreamfall and Project Jane-J are the most exciting at this point because they've both been in development for enough time now, I think, that some juicy stuff could be at E3! Throw on top of that the wonder that is The Longest Journey and Jane Jensen's excellent record and we have some serious hype on our hands! Of course it is disappointing that Sam & Max won't be there, or anywhere for that matter.

Out of Dreamfall and Project Jane-J, I'm personally most excited about Dreamfall as TLJ is my favourite adventure game to date. I haven't had the chance to properly play the Gabriel Knight games, though.
Old 04-29-2004, 09:28 PM   #8
Escaped Monkey Island

It's also without saying that Dreamfall and PJJ are probably two out of only a handful of AGs at E3. It's like picking your favorite number but only geting to choose between 1, 2, and 3.
Old 04-29-2004, 10:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WontonGoodsoup
It's also without saying that Dreamfall and PJJ are probably two out of only a handful of AGs at E3. It's like picking your favorite number but only geting to choose between 1, 2, and 3.
That's true. Maybe I should have ask what are you guys looking forward to more at E3 Project Jane-J or Dreamfall.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:35 AM   #10
Sky is not the limit

Send a message via ICQ to Zanthia Send a message via Yahoo to Zanthia

Dreamfall I guess. I know at least something about that one.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:35 AM   #11
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

where did i miss the news about project jane-j?

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens
Old 05-15-2004, 02:31 AM   #12
comfortably numb

(Didn't want to start a new topic for this, but...)

...am I the only one who finds this a bit amusing?

Myst IV Revelation E3 2004 Preshow Impressions
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpot
You will be able to interact with just about anything you can reach in the game, from turning on a table lamp, to crouching by a puddle of water and touching its surface to create ripples, to using your hand to gently swat away moths from a light source.
Although I've mostly dealt with the issues I've had with the series in the past and actually enjoyed Exile quite a bit, I wouldn't exactly describe the Myst games as being particularly rich on game world interaction.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:25 AM   #13
Under pressure.

Dreamfall. Without a doubt.

--Erwin
Old 05-15-2004, 05:52 AM   #14
some may call me tofu

Send a message via AIM to guybrush122

Dreamfall is number one for sure. No question.

But my second most anticipated game is Kingdom Hearts, and following that is Fahrenheit. Of course, that may change as the adventuregamers team really enjoyed the latter, and I'm stolked for their full-game preview of it coming soon...
Old 05-15-2004, 08:50 AM   #15

Strange enough, I haven't seen ANY adventure games at E3...
Old 05-15-2004, 10:17 AM   #16
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster
Although I've mostly dealt with the issues I've had with the series in the past and actually enjoyed Exile quite a bit, I wouldn't exactly describe the Myst games as being particularly rich on game world interaction.
I wouldn't either, but Myst IV is supposed to have more game world interaction. This quote from the Myst IV news at AG is rather interesting: "there is 'much more character interaction in this game than the first three Myst games combined' and a greater emphasis on story as well."
That's great news if you ask me. One could argue that the previous Myst games have so little character interaction that this quote is worthless, but it's still a step in the right direction.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:20 AM   #17
Rookie Cop

Fareneit has probably been number one for me lately.

Despite its non-adventure style, I really want to see/hear more about LSL:MCL, just to see what they do with it.
Old 05-15-2004, 10:22 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacob
Dreamfall! and maybe Runaway 2 but I can not, possibly, in any way, think of a good sequel game plot, seeing how the first game's plot sucked, can you?
Well it seems we have alot more to look forward to now (and slightly less, grey matter); Fahrenheit, moment of silence, still life. Perhaps even some exciting anouncements yet to be made..
Old 05-15-2004, 11:45 AM   #19

What kinda question is this??? Dreamfall, of course!

Other games I really look forward to are POP5 and more or less Atlantis Evolution.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:00 PM   #20
merely human

Well, now that some bit of bad news has rendered my first post moot:

Dreamfall
Fahrenheit
Facade
The Moment Of Silence
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien