You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Most Anticipated Adventure Game at E3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2004, 12:06 PM   #21
guybrush_guy

#1 is definatly dreamfall, next on my list would have to be myst IV this game sounds like it's going to be realy good.
even thoe LSL:MCL is'nt realy that much of an adventure i would still realy like to play it.

Old 05-15-2004, 03:08 PM   #22

Dreamfall.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:31 PM   #23
gaybrush threepwoody

Send a message via AIM to eriq Send a message via Yahoo to eriq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
I wouldn't either, but Myst IV is supposed to have more game world interaction.
I'm more interested in the "world interaction" this title is supposed to have. In one review, someone said you could move your hand over the water and ripples would appear. And the environmental touches like fireflies, etc. sound really nice. If anything, the environmental interaction and movement is what the Myst titles really need. I can't wait! It looks great.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:33 PM   #24
Doctor Watson

Dreamfall seems like the only game that is going to do anything new. All the other games I'm looking forward to are amateur titles.

Strangely enough, very few adventure games these days are toony. Perhaps untoonyness is a trend.
Old 05-16-2004, 01:20 AM   #25

Fahrenheit, for sure... although I'm a bit disappointed they're using mocap instead of real animation.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:09 AM   #26
Grumpy & bitter man

Send a message via ICQ to VoodooFX Send a message via MSN to VoodooFX

Well i would say nothing has change on my list after E3, Dreamfall is still on top, with Fahrenheit in second, and Moment of Silence in third place.

Still life looks promising, but not much is known about it at the moment, so it's with the rest of the games on 4th place. To make long story short:

1. Dreamfall
2. Fahrenheit
3. Moment of Silence
4. ...the rest
Old 05-16-2004, 05:39 AM   #27
some may call me tofu

Send a message via AIM to guybrush122

All I can say is thank GOD Fahrenheit is coming out soon; if it wasn't, I'd have nothing to gawk at and drool on untill Q4 2005, Dreamfall's miserable miserable release date. Ah well, the longer the release, the more time put into the game, I suppose.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:58 AM   #28
The Reggienator

Send a message via ICQ to Kolzig Send a message via MSN to Kolzig

1.Dreamfall
2.Still life
3.Fahrenheit
"The old standby, that never got old in the first place. We come back to them weekly, nightly, for hours at a time--and they always deliver. They are pure, timeless, and often taken for granted." - Nick Breckon - Shacknews

My gamesale list *updated 26.8.2007*
Hey, dear people please buy my games, I need money to conquer Europe! Or do something similar.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:46 AM   #29
Lurking Myst Missionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattsius
I wouldn't either, but Myst IV is supposed to have more game world interaction. This quote from the Myst IV news at AG is rather interesting: "there is 'much more character interaction in this game than the first three Myst games combined' and a greater emphasis on story as well."
That's great news if you ask me. One could argue that the previous Myst games have so little character interaction that this quote is worthless, but it's still a step in the right direction.

On the various Myst forums, some of the devs have been handing out tidbits about Revelation, and it looks darn promising. We're talking things like customisable cursors, tactile sound hotspots, optional in game hint system, in game photography and journaling, and, get this, depth of feild viewing in a 2D pre-rendered game. We're still not sure how they pulled that one off, but the hands on reports from E3 seem to indicate a heck of a lot of jaw-dropping.

And that's on top of the "Myst come to life" concept of more interaction and story. I can't wait.

I suppose I'll have to tide myself over with the Uru expansion pack coming in June.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:07 AM   #30
guybrush_guy

i've always wondered how myst would feal/look if the controling was free range like in a FPS, instead of clicking you can walk to where ever you want.
i'm not sure if that would be better or worse for the game

Old 05-16-2004, 06:44 PM   #31
Lurking Myst Missionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by guybrush_guy
i've always wondered how myst would feal/look if the controling was free range like in a FPS, instead of clicking you can walk to where ever you want.
i'm not sure if that would be better or worse for the game
Well, if you grab Uru: Complete Chronicles in June, you can see. Uru is Myst universe, but not Myst storyline...but then again it is...

http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=008888682035
Old 05-16-2004, 11:07 PM   #32

Send a message via Yahoo to Marius

The games that I put down on my wishlist are Dreamfall, Myst 4,Dark Fall - Lights Out, and maybe Moment Of Silence, Aura - Fate of the Ages and Atlantis - Evolution.
I'm surprised nobody around is talking about Legacy - Dark Shadows. They say it will be an adventure game, isn't anybody curious about it?
Other than adventure games I can't wait for the new Prince of Persia to come out, then Thief 3, Call of Cthulhu and Dungeon Siege 2.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:03 AM   #33
Dr Uberman

Farenheit and Dreamfall for obvious reasons.
Old 05-17-2004, 12:38 PM   #34
Banned User

Fahrenheit by a huge margin .

Then, after reading Still Life 's premise and watching its beautiful graphics, i have to add it too (i just really hope the "gore" s aspect of it will not prevail and it will be more like the movie Seven ,more about the "suggestion")

Last edited by Leonard Shelby; 05-17-2004 at 01:09 PM.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:05 PM   #35
Mostly absent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriq
I'm more interested in the "world interaction" this title is supposed to have. In one review, someone said you could move your hand over the water and ripples would appear. And the environmental touches like fireflies, etc. sound really nice. If anything, the environmental interaction and movement is what the Myst titles really need. I can't wait! It looks great.
Actually, it was exactly that I was talking about. I was referring to Swordmaster, who was referring to the GameSpot preview, which you also seem to be talking about. So in other words, we're going round in circles here.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #36

For me it goes like this

URUath of shell> Fahrenheit> MystIV> Dreamfall > Still Life