You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure New Jane Jensen game and Kickstarter campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #321
Schattenjäger

wooo new update. Theyr moving up the voting and including a big box copy.

Also jane- if what youre referring to about moebius is the reflection in the water, iv mentioned it
And it makes me think the game will involve some kindv time travel, which furthers my support for moebius.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #322

I think it's clever to move up the voting. And is it just me, or are is the funding speeding up? I've never been THIS excited about a Kickstarter before, I think I'm checking the project page at least 20 times a day
Old 04-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #323
Schattenjäger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOslo View Post
And is it just me, or are is the funding speeding up?
its just you.... but!!! lets stay positive!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #324

Yes, Let's stay positive!

Gotta love Jane's listening and reacting to fans wishes. I mean, she is updating and tweaking (is that a word? sorry about my English) her kickstarter page daily. (but it is nerve-wrecking and a bit slow going at the moment)
Old 04-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yachmenev View Post
I follow them, and have tried to get their attention, as well as with other kickstarters - Brian Fargo, Chris Avellone, etc. No response at all.
It had an effect

https://twitter.com/#!/TimOfLegend/s...56232346742784
Old 04-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #326

Yaayy! Tim S has made the word on twitter. Is that great news or what?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #327

Ahh. Sorry 'bout my slow typing You beat me to it. He has almost 78 000 followers. It has to help
Old 04-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #328

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobotomy42 View Post
Great work, everyone. That will make a difference, I think.

"You ever wish you could just follow your instincts, live for the moment?" - Gabriel Knight

Now playing - Legend of Grimrock
Need to finish - The Whispered World
Finished - Botanicula, The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time
Up Next - A New Beginning, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition
Anticipating - Asylum, Bracken Tor, The Last Crown
Old 04-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #329

It's at 25%! Now we just need to find 3,000 more people...
Old 04-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #330

Not one for a long testimonial, but I'll say that one thing you can count on in a Jane Jensen game is a staggering amount of attention to detail. The real life tour of various Gabriel Knight 2 locations here demonstrates that well in my opinion, one of which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4mZHmokj1c
Old 04-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #331

It's great the voting happens sooner now!
So for anyone who is still on the fence about this (because of the possibility of Anglophile Adventure, maybe?): If you want to have a say about the concept you should pledge now. Otherwise, just wait and see if the result will be a concept that tickles your fancy and that you might be more inclined to pledge for!
Old 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #332

I am very excited that Jane will have the opportunity to design the games she wants the way she wants to do them. I just wanted to write down my excitement for the anglophile adventure, after seeing a number of negative reactions. It's the one that interests me the most, because it sounds like a pretty fresh concept for an adventure game theme. I sometimes get a little weary of all the conspiracy thriller, globe trotting adventures that come through the pipeline. Horror and comic adventures are popular too, but in my opinion there is plenty of room for broadening the scope of the adventure genre. I'd like to see how an Austen-like romance would work.

That said, I enjoyed Gray Matter (even though the difficulty did not match the GK series) and would be happy to see a sequel with a more evolved magic system. Moebius sounds intriguing too, and if I had to bet will probably win the backer poll. Couldn't be more thrilled to have new adventures from Jane (and Tim et al.).
Old 04-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #333
Schattenjäger

it makes me quite happy tim tweeted
And we've had a considerable (though small) boost since.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #334
Adventurer

Oh, this is going to be good!

Just Finished: Mystery Stories: Mountains of Madness

Currently Playing: The Secrets of Atlantis
Old 04-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #335

One disadvantage is that comparatively low backer number. Compare our number to that of a project with a pledge total similar to our goal:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...saga?ref=users

Granted, they have lower pledge tiers on average. But still, they reached $400k with more than ten times as many backers. This means that Pinkerton's backers are already contributing comparatively large amounts of money, which will limit their ability to "upsell" backers 2-3 weeks from now to higher pledge levels. So we need to keep spreading the word and get more people involved!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #336

25% in a couple of days isn't bad at all. But I'm really hoping we get to 600k. Two JJ adventures in 2013 would make it a good adventure gaming year.

I must have gotten about 20 friends to pledge, I hope you folks are trying the same. Most of them aren't hardcore adventure fans and most only know GK3 from the late 90's, but they liked the concepts and the thought of having more good adventure games on the market. 16 bucks is a fair price for a well designed and well produced adventure game. Too bad I couldn't get none to pledge 50.

I'm really close to upping my pledge to U$ 200,00 because of the collector in me(I love old school cardboxed games)... but I feel it doesn't really add enough from the 100,00 option aside from 3 cardboxes and a GK1 .pdf file... fov, if you are reading this, any chance some extra physical goodies will come inside that box besides the dvd and manual? Anything, be it a themed miniature, game related memorabilia or graphic novel and I am sold! I bet it's the same for a lot of people, just look at all the pledges those old school collector's editions of Wasteland 2 got. People love those. Make it interesting, original and related to the 3 games and people will buy it.

I own all the boxed GK games, and I loved the manuals and graphic novels that came with them. I am also one of the folks that bought the german collector's edition of Gray Matter, I loved the postcards and the game deck. Bring that back again!
Old 04-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #337

Quote:
One disadvantage is that comparatively low backer number. Compare our number to that of a project with a pledge total similar to our goal:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...saga?ref=users
One big disavantage that we have is that the video on Jane's kickstarter shows nothing from the games, and all we have to sell it to others is Jane's household name and the short concepts. They are mostly using Jane's name to market this and not the games, and they should really use both. She only had one major adventure developed in the last decade so many people don't know her reputation well enough. Even in this thread we got many people stating they never played GK1, which is her masterpiece and big showstopper.

I know there is new material and a new video coming up, I hope they will show even more about the games. Just what was revealed with the new updated page already made everything sound much better(even "anglophile").
Old 04-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #338

Yay for Tim! Hopefully that will boost it some.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #339

It's interesting that, out of all those game Kickstarters, it's the only one where the lowest pledge option is not the most popular. It shows how passionate some people are about Jane Jensen's work, but also that this needs more casual supporters (i.e. people who are just willing to pay a small amount of money for a game but not a lot more for the other bonuses). Hopefully, once the game has been chosen (in 10 days), those people will show up.

EDIT: 1000 backers!
Recently finished: MCF: Escape from Ravenhearst [+], The Walking Dead, ep. 1 [+++], Gray Matter [++]
Old 04-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #340
The Quiet One

Quote:
The LucasArts guys - Tim Schafer, Ron Gilbert, Dave Grossman - are still active but I doubt that they ever really knew her. (Honestly, I don't even know if any of them have played the Gabriel Knight games.)
I remember reading an interview with Tim where he mentioned to the interviewer that he had played Gabriel Knight.
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour