You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hollywood Monsters by Pendulo Studios in ENGLISH !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #1

Default Hollywood Monsters by Pendulo Studios in ENGLISH !!!

http://shinji-nerd-life.blogspot.com/
Old 03-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #2

Great stuff. Now if only I could figure out how to download the game.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
cookie monster

Awesome! Original "Hollywood Monsters" "purchased", patch downloaded. Now I just have to find time to play it.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #4
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inwards View Post
if only I could figure out how to download the game.
You can download it at FX Interactive. It's free, all you have to do is to register.
This offer is on up to 29th March, so hurry up.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #5
cookie monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inwards View Post
Great stuff. Now if only I could figure out how to download the game.
U have to register. I used google translator (copy-paste, not webpage translator as it messes with links sometimes) to get me through the process. Before installing the game, some shop's own digital tool needs to be downloaded. I didn't do it yet.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #6

I've done it already, install the tool, game will be downloaded and installed but it is totally portable, and the game exe will be replaced by the patched/englisch one.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:27 AM   #7
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsampikos View Post
I've done it already, install the tool, game will be downloaded and installed but it is totally portable, and the game exe will be replaced by the patched/englisch one.
Would you please explain this?

I downloaded the free version from FX Interactive, but when I replaced the original EXE of the free version with the EXE included in English language patch you recommended the game couldn't work (as expected).
Old 03-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #8

zobraks,

1) did you change the shortcut too? It must be changed too.
2) Did you download the right patch for the downloadable version of the game? It is different than the one ofor the retail version.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsampikos View Post
zobraks,

2) Did you download the right patch for the downloadable version of the game? It is different than the one ofor the retail version.
Oops...

Name:  thanks.gif
Views: 1709
Size:  1.9 KB, Tsampikos!
Old 03-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #10

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

It's surely a very great news
Old 03-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #11
Homo Ludens

That's fantastic! I played the first few minutes and the translation is quite professional, which is all the more impressive for an amateur project. (Especially with so many bad localizations of European titles in recent years.) Thank you, ShinjiGR (and tsampikos for the support advice)!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #12

Some notes on that:

The Patch for the Retail version of the game enables by default both speech and subtitles. In the digital version the subtitles must be manually enabled by pressing the esc key which brings up the options menu.

The patch may be also compatible with the italian retail version of the game, which was also distribued by FX interactive. Most likely is the file structure the same as in the spanish version, so there shouldn't be any problem (not tested though). And of course there is also the Dynamic Multimedia version of the year 1997 for Windows 9x. If someone has this version he may try this patch on it too. But generally the FX Interactive version is the most common one.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:42 AM   #13

Could someone please give me DETAILED instructions on how to get the English patch to work with the game? Whenever I click on the patch it just takes me to Steam. I have tried to move the patch files to my 'programs files" and then the Hollywood monsters game, but it doesn't work. I'm not too smart about how to do this patch work from steam, usually I just add the patch to the game folder and it works. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #14

As far as I know neither the digital download Version of the game nor the retail Version are related to Steam. All you have to do is copy over the patched files to the game folder and overwrite when asked. Then click on the patched english .exe and the game should run. The patch folder also contains this information.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:57 PM   #15
cookie monster

Yes, tsampikos is right. I quote readme.txt from patch:
1. Unpack the archive to the directory you installed the game
2. Overwrite the files as necessary
3. Execute the file Monsters.exe

If it doesnt work or does strange things (Steam!? how come?), i suggest a clean install for the game.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #16

I don't know why steam is involved, but the patch I downloaded is a rar file and when I open it, it always goes to steam. I don't know how to change that... as I really don't like steam. There have been so many games lately that I have downloaded that are rar files and they always go to steam ... or I have to open them in steam or something. How can I change this????? any and all help is appreciated. thanks so much.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #17

Send a message via MSN to usman Send a message via Yahoo to usman

It works for me well too...........
Old 03-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #18

Thanks... Looks like a great game...

Top 10 adventure games: Black Dahlia, Grim Fandango, Heavy Rain, Broken Sword Shadow of Templars, Gabriel Knight 2 The Beast Within, Still Life, Last Express, Sanitarium, 7th Guest, Zork Nemesis
Old 03-28-2012, 02:05 PM   #19

I have made the whole process for me once more just to make sure.

Everything is fine. Game runs excellent.No Steam crazyness. You download the game via FX Interactive, not via Steam. The patch is freeware, nothing to do with Steam.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:45 PM   #20
cookie monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbday630 View Post
rar file and when I open it, it always goes to steam. I don't know how to change that... as I really don't like steam. There have been so many games lately that I have downloaded that are rar files and they always go to steam
Man, what have u done with your file associations?
Rars and Steam has no connection. But appearantly somehow u have a assigned Steam u open your rar files. U have to change that. what kind of archiver application do u have in your computer. If not any, then download something decent, WinRAR is good. After installing that open patch rar with that and unpack to game folder.

If u have an archiver and u use Win7 (i cant remember by heart about other op sys), u can go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations to change the program which opens rars.

Hope it helps.