You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hollywood Monsters by Pendulo Studios in ENGLISH !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #41

Just want to say thanks for this translation! Playing the game now (the download version) and it works great.

As a game it really feels like the missing link between Igor and the first Runaway.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #42
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
I thought you might like to know that my laptop just stopped working thanks to Hollywood Monsters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
I really hope that was April Fool's. (You know you can reveal it now...)
Of course it was.
Hollywood Monsters have no viruses, or at least I haven't met them.

I REALLY had some false positive detections by NOD32, though. It still tries to prevent me for starting the game but I am a bullheaded persistent person .

Last edited by zobraks; 04-04-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:11 AM   #43
Tea & Cookie Monster

Have tried this, and everything is working smoothly and fine!

BIG thank you
Old 04-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #44
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Of course it was.

I believed you!
Fortunately, I still have the original Pendulo translation (beta).
Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #45
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fien View Post

I believed you!
There is still time: the game is free until April 19th... And ShinjiGR's patch translates everything in the game (no voiceovers of course) - aren't some of the beta's cutscenes in Spanish only? (Of course, if you speak Spanish that is a moot point.)
Old 04-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #46

Everything text-based in the game has been translated. Hotspots,menus, commands, subtitles. Only the speech is in spanish, which is of course no problem. The game is fully playable now. The beta version should be about 95-98% in english, only in some points must be some random spanish speech zu hear, but generally fully playable. I would say that this patch equals the loss of a full english version. It's like,say, playing Going Downtown, which has german speech but english subtitles.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #47
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:
Of course it was.

I REALLY had some false positive detections by NOD32, though. It still tries to prevent me for starting the game but I am a bullheaded persistent person .
zobraks!!! You, you you....

Quote:

I believed you!
I not only believed him, but discussing it on another board I told them because I didn't want anyone else to have problems... Now I feel like a right idiot.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #48
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_93 View Post
zobraks!!! You, you you....
Sorry, Skeeter. I thought everybody was aware of what date it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_93 View Post
I not only believed him, but discussing it on another board I told them because I didn't want anyone else to have problems... Now I feel like a right idiot.
Oops...
But you can tell those people it wasn't your fault, that you just fell for a nasty AF joke.
You'll never trust me again.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #49
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:
But you can tell those people it wasn't your fault, that you just fell for a nasty AF joke.
You'll never trust me again.
I'm thinking I'll just pretend I know nothing...nothing... And of course I'll trust you... not your picture titles though... at least until next April.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #50
cookie monster

Quote:

This Pendulo translation - is it voiceovers and text or one of those?
Old 04-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #51
Senior *female* member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewuz View Post
This Pendulo translation - is it voiceovers and text or one of those?
Definitely English voices, I remember the shock when the game suddenly switched to the original Spanish voices, which happened a few times and was pretty annoying. My memory is vague on the subtitles. If I was forced to choose, I'd say "yes", because I think I made some half-hearted attempt to translate the Spanish parts. But don't take my word for it, it's too long ago.
Old 04-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #52

For those of you that have played the game, is it easy like a modern game, or hard like a 90s game? About how many hours of gameplay are there?
Old 04-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #53
Senior *female* member

IMO, definitely hard. Not like modern adventures at all. So many places to go to and objects and stuff to do...
Old 04-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #54

I only started playing it, and already
-had to perform one action three times in a row just to advance the story
-stumbled across a timed puzzle that was hard to follow since it also involved some frustrating pixel-hunting
-met another timed puzzle that was even more unnerving since there was no hotspot
-got into absolutely unclear dialogue puzzle that required a lot of patience
-and after one of the characters mentioned a labyrinth, I decided to pass on this one
The game is not bad, but it exploits too many adventure sins, and the lack of hints makes it more frustrating than enjoyable.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #55

The game has far too many illogical and badly hinted puzzles IMO. It's almost tolerable as long as there is only the mansion and surrounding area to cover, but when four or five new locations become available it just becomes overwhelming. So many silly items in the inventory and no hints whatsoever of what may work where.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #56

The game is an old-school 90s adventure game. It' over 20 hours long and in some parts unfairly difficult and not satisfactorily hinted. However it is also extremely fun to play and most puzzles are very satisfactory to solve. There is only one maze in the game and you are NOT supposed to solve it by creating a map.
Spoiler:
It actually solves itself if you solve a puzzle before it and if you actually go to the trouble of solving it by creating a map the game actually dead ends - I'm not sure if that's a joke at the expense of even older games or a bug. However there are no other dead ends in the game.
Definitely worth playing but don't expect to breeze through it and you might have to consult a walkthrough one or two times.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #57
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arial Type View Post
I only started playing it, and already
-had to perform one action three times in a row just to advance the story
-stumbled across a timed puzzle that was hard to follow since it also involved some frustrating pixel-hunting
-met another timed puzzle that was even more unnerving since there was no hotspot
-got into absolutely unclear dialogue puzzle that required a lot of patience
-and after one of the characters mentioned a labyrinth, I decided to pass on this one
The game is not bad, but it exploits too many adventure sins, and the lack of hints makes it more frustrating than enjoyable.
I second everything AT said! Still, I can forgive a bad puzzle here and there but not when the story doesn't grab me... Sorry, Hollywood Monsters, I was excited about playing you but now off you go to the tail end of my backlog.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:00 AM   #58

I've played this game four times now, and enjoyed it every time. The timed puzzles, like getting the key from the bouncer was quite easy, as he gets drunker and drunker and slower and slower. I think that is what i enjoyed most about the game is that it wasn't the same every time I played. The railway car had different destinations with the controls every time I played, and the dialogue tree in the mummy was different each time. Figuring out how to get the Nessieboon recipe was quite hard until I figured out what to do... That's what made it fun for me, figuring out what would prompt the correct answer. Anyway, it is an old-school type adventure game and I sure enjoyed playing it.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #59
cookie monster

I received newsletter from FX Classics Store and google.translator sais "Until May 31 you can download for free Monsters Hollywood." So those who missed the previous opportunity, go for it.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #60
She Wants Revenge

Grabbed the game and subtitles now, will be playing this sometime in the near future. Thanks