You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Hollywood Monsters by Pendulo Studios in ENGLISH !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #21

No, I have an old windows XP and I can't find how to change it that things don't go to steam right away. It sure would be great if you could tell me how to change my default settings. I downloaded 3 different unzip programs now and every time I try to open up that rar file using one of the new unzip files it says that data is corrupted. argh. any and all help is soooo appreciated. thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #22
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbday630 View Post
No, I have an old windows XP and I can't find how to change it that things don't go to steam right away. It sure would be great if you could tell me how to change my default settings. I downloaded 3 different unzip programs now and every time I try to open up that rar file using one of the new unzip files it says that data is corrupted. argh. any and all help is soooo appreciated. thanks.
Did you try re-downloading the patch file? If all the archive apps you installed give you an error, there is either something wrong with the rar file itself or something very wrong with your OS...

Also you can go here to see how to change file associations in XP.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #23

Is there some way to enable subtitles for the intro? It'd be nice to know what's going on.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #24
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inwards View Post
Is there some way to enable subtitles for the intro?
As soon as the game starts, press Esc and choose Both voiceover & text in the game menu and there you are.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:12 AM   #25

When I try downloading the game all I get is a text saying "already got the game, download these extras".
Old 03-30-2012, 01:48 AM   #26
UnseenUniversity Graduate

This looks great! Currently trying to work out how to sign up and get the game...

I've gone wrong somewhere - I have download the website tool and run it - it seems to be installing but I can't find the game...

Last edited by skeeter_93; 03-30-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:18 AM   #27
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter_93 View Post
I have download the website tool and run it - it seems to be installing but I can't find the game...
It has to be in
Code:
C:\Program Files\Hollywood Monsters
by default.
You should also have the game's shortcut on your desktop, looking like this:

Name:  Ikona.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  2.2 KB
Old 03-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #28

Nope... So I guess I've either done something wrong whilst trying to translate, or the fx tool thingie is broken for me...
Old 03-30-2012, 03:04 AM   #29
Senior Passer-by

I can't remember clearly what exactly I did to register (I'm not a Spanish-speaking person, although Spanish series are very popular here in Serbia , so I used Babel Fish and it did the trick for me). Perhaps someone from the Spanish-speaking countries can help you, or you can wait until they make an English patch for FX Interactive .

Last edited by zobraks; 03-30-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: stupid Internet connection
Old 03-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #30

I found the problem - I had to go back to the website and install the game. I was installing the tool over and over again... I didn't realise I had to go back to the site because I can't speak Spanish. With the help of an online translator I finally sorted it
Old 03-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #31
Senior Passer-by

Usted es una señorita lista!
Name:  mrgreen.gif
Views: 453
Size:  436 Bytes
That should translate as "Youre a clever young lady".
Old 03-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #32
cookie monster

5th post of this topic pointed out the usefulness of online translator oh well...
Old 03-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #33

Just a heads up. I tried downloading on the last day and after registering, which I regret now, I was greeted with a warning from Avira antivirus that the download was not being accessed because it was coming from a known phishing, malware, and other fishy things site. I've very rarely received such a message so I didn't proceed.

The gamesite itself was not blocked, just wherever they were sending the download from.

You may want to scan your computer for any malware (Malwarebytes is pretty good) that may have come along with your game and run a virus scan.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dara100 View Post
Just a heads up. I tried downloading on the last day and after registering, which I regret now, I was greeted with a warning from Avira antivirus that the download was not being accessed because it was coming from a known phishing, malware, and other fishy things site. I've very rarely received such a message so I didn't proceed.

The gamesite itself was not blocked, just wherever they were sending the download from.

You may want to scan your computer for any malware (Malwarebytes is pretty good) that may have come along with your game and run a virus scan.
Probably a false detection, no problem here with Avast.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:51 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by zobraks View Post
Usted es una señorita lista!
Attachment 3388
That should translate as "Youre a clever young lady".
I translated that... 'Miss you is a list' is what I got...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewuz View Post
5th post of this topic pointed out the usefulness of online translator oh well...
I was using one the whole time... and still my brain wouldn't cooperate...
Old 03-31-2012, 12:17 PM   #36

Has anyone else had trouble logging into the fxinteractive site to download? I registered okay but when I try to log in I get "No hay conexión con el servidor. Por favor, inténtalo de nuevo en unos minutos. Gracias." for the last two days :/
Old 03-31-2012, 05:04 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneye View Post
Has anyone else had trouble logging into the fxinteractive site to download? I registered okay but when I try to log in I get "No hay conexión con el servidor. Por favor, inténtalo de nuevo en unos minutos. Gracias." for the last two days :/
If you've already installed their download tool I'd assume your firewall is blocking it. If you haven't installed it then I'm not sure.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #38
Senior Passer-by

I thought you might like to know that my laptop just stopped working thanks to Hollywood Monsters!
It seems that the file FXWinTrust.dll had a malware component that messed with my Boot.ini file and now I have to reinstall Windows.
I guess the warnings NOD32 gave me weren't false positives after all. Unfortunately.

I'll have to use my old desktop computer (as I do right now) for a while.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:13 AM   #39
an angel of romance

Quote:
I thought you might like to know that my laptop just stopped working thanks to Hollywood Monsters!
It seems that the file FXWinTrust.dll had a malware component that messed with my Boot.ini file and now I have to reinstall Windows.
I guess the warnings NOD32 gave me weren't false positives after all. Unfortunately.

Hm, I scanned the folder with 2 antiviruses, and neither of them found anything. Must be that only some people catched the virus while downloading. I guess I'm the lucky one

Or you're trolling us, zobraks . If not, I'm sorry about your laptop
Adventure games are like stories, they always have that special character who has to deal with misfortunes and get to the top. So if you don't play adventure games how will you write your own life story?

Currently playing: Minecraft, Hollywood Monsters

Recently finished: Discworld Noir playthrough
Old 04-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #40
Homo Ludens

Quote:

I really hope that was April Fool's. (You know you can reveal it now...)