You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #21

I sent emails to Shadow Tor Studio's and Darkling Room two weeks ago stating that I was one of the fan base that had bought all their previous titles. I politely asked them for any news of the upcoming releases and that it would be greatly appreciated not only by myself but the adventuregamers forum members.

This is their reply:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Tor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkling Room

Oh, um yeah. I guess they have nothing to say. TBH I really wasn't expecting a reply but they had better come up with some news soon, or whatever they release will be sullied by the delay woes and will never live up to the expectations of how long they've had to produce their games... I'm officially disgruntled by all this now.

ps. Let's hope this isn't another delayed title too... http://www.wychwoodhollow.com/.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #22
tsa
Playing character

So we can forget about this game then. Pity, I had looked forward to playing it. Let's hope The Last Crown will appear someday soon, as a compensation of sorts...
Old 04-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #23

mmm I think 2013 for last crown honestly, The Cat Lady is about the only horror adventure game and possibly Lucius that I think will come this year.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #24
Senior Automaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlygirl View Post
mmm I think 2013 for last crown honestly, The Cat Lady is about the only horror adventure game and possibly Lucius that I think will come this year.
Not counting Asylum, Amnesia 2, The Walking Dead and Relics 2. Cognition looks kinda scary too, from the trailer.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:08 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirlygirl View Post

The Cat Lady is one i'm looking forward to but i haven't heard anything about it for ages. In fact, i was somewhat worried it may no longer be in development. Any news on it?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:37 AM   #26
Schattenjäger

Cbman, don't worry about the Cat Lady. It is still in development and should be out somewhen this year. Remigiusz Michalski is working on the game in his free time - beside his daily job - so it is very hard for him to give out a definite release date. I did an interview with him for Adventure-Treff at the end of last year. Maybe this interests you?

http://www.adventure-treff.de/artikel/interviews.php?id=86&lang=eng
Favorite games: Gabriel Knight series, Heavy Rain, Tex Murphy series, The Last Express, King's Quest 6 Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, The Lost Crown, Tender Loving Care, Blade Runner, Quest for Glory 4, Overclocked, The Dig, Dreamfall...
Old 04-15-2012, 07:17 AM   #27

He posts updates on the game on adventure game studio forums, He posted a update not to long ago with some new screenshots actually.

The screenshots are VERY impressive , at least to me they are It has me even more excited for the game.

Go to this link if you'd like to take a look.

http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=39239.80
Old 04-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #28

Thanks for the links guys. It's looking very good. He's clearly stepped up on the graphics this time, which is great. I'm one of those people who can't really abide retro graphics, although the hand drawn backdrops in Downfall saved that game visually. The game really seems to have a unique look. I don't demand 3D or anything fancy, just something that is not ugly to look at and this game certainly isn't.

He's apparently voice overs too so now, if only he could tone down the gore slightly (use it more sparingly to increase its effect) and watch his occasional tendency to slip into bad taste then most of my criticisms of Downfall would be gone and we'd have a major league game designer, as I thought the story and characters in Downfall were among the best i have ever seen in a game.