You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

Home Adventure Forums Gaming Adventure Canceled Projects!, or ... ?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Advie.1

Default Canceled Projects!, or ... ?

there are number of titles that i have been anticipating through the last couple of years, but haven't heard news or any thing about their releases!
i like to know the latest statues for such games ,so far !
can anyone update me ,here are some titles which i can still remember :
-mozart
-resonance
-nearly departed
-adam syndrome
-audere semper
-restless
-king quest episodes ...

forget something?

Old 03-21-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
Grue Master

Adan Syndrome is back in production. They are working on a full length Novel for the story. Check out the Developers Diary dated Feb 16th 2012 on the games web site. http://www.darkmotif.com/

Restless has been postponed indefinitely as far as I know. I will be talking to the developer (Dan Peach of Viperante) soon so I will ask. He may be working on a new game since his release of Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting but I am not sure if its Restless.

Last edited by GreyFuss; 03-21-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #3

about resonance,i recently made a thread here about it...it's further down the thread pages.
it's still in development.check out Resonance HomePage.

In Mozart's page it says it was to be released in 2008 and it also there's a thread here about it. Mozart The Last Secret.it says there it's been released in some non-english versions and the OP says he has contacted the devs and they say that the script and VO for the english version were done.

Last edited by jhetfield21; 03-21-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Homo Ludens

There is a pretty active forum over at telltale about King's Quest with plenty of speculations and very little hard information. Looking forward to it very much - I just hope they don't make it too spec-intensive. I can't afford a computer upgrade (and, let's face it, that's probably for the better).
Old 03-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
Developer

Well I can update you on Restless. It was cancelled ages ago now, and I very much doubt it will ever be made. Check out my other game though if ya like:

www.coldwinterwaiting.com

It's not 3rd person, but it's still a good way to pass the time.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #6
Grue Master

Well that isn't very good news but I am sure you have your reasons. Thank you Dan for stopping by to let let us know that Restless has been put to rest.

On playing your recently released game Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting, I've played and it is a fantastic adventure made for the adventurer that doesn't want to be led around by the hand like most newer games. Instead Corrosion is made like the oldschool adventures where you think for yourself and the gamer is challenged.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #7
3rd person fanatic :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Peach View Post
Well I can update you on Restless. It was cancelled ages ago now, and I very much doubt it will ever be made. Check out my other game though if ya like:

www.coldwinterwaiting.com

It's not 3rd person, but it's still a good way to pass the time.
This is really disappointing. Restless was so great concept! The screenshots stole my heart immediately and the story blowed me away totally. I don't want to sound rude now, but I think you made a bad choice when you choose to develop CWW. At least from my point of view, as I dislike 1st person games in general, but also the fact that i'm never going to see Restless, which could very well have been the best game, i've ever get to play, makes me quite frowned

It's admirable, however, that you tell this straight, I really appreciate it. It's like the police has come to inform me that a missing person has found dead. It's a relief from that awful uncertainty, and very sad at the same time.

Last edited by MoonBird; 03-21-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: addition
Old 03-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #8

http://www.adventuregamers.com/gameinfo.php?id=196

This is another that makes me so sad its never completed... I played the demo and absolutely fell in love with it. It's so frustrating to not know how the strory will end.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #9

i hate you a little bit right now moonbird.....i didn't know about that project and now i'm disappointed too.well done sir you pulled another innocent soul in this abyss of disappointment with you.
seriously though it's a shame.the art is exactly my type.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:22 AM   #10

I also don't see Nearly Departed happening because Mark Darin now works at Telltale Games which probably means we won't get 'Nelly The Wonder Dog' either!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #11

Mozart the last secret has been released in german,french and dutch. What I know is that the dutch version has ENGLISH speech and only dutch subtitles. I can confirm myself that adam syndrome is active again, the latest news are dated February 2012.they are changing the whole game engine.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #12
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
This is really disappointing. Restless was so great concept! The screenshots stole my heart immediately and the story blowed me away totally. I don't want to sound rude now, but I think you made a bad choice when you choose to develop CWW. At least from my point of view, as I dislike 1st person games in general, but also the fact that i'm never going to see Restless, which could very well have been the best game, i've ever get to play, makes me quite frowned

It's admirable, however, that you tell this straight, I really appreciate it. It's like the police has come to inform me that a missing person has found dead. It's a relief from that awful uncertainty, and very sad at the same time.
Well I'm very happy that it stole your heart, and very sorry as well.

I had no choice though - I wasn't doing all the graphics for Restless, and it was a big game, so it needed a lot of funding, which I could not get. Its fate was inevitable really.

I had to switch to something I could do by myself - hence, C:CWW.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Peach View Post
Well I'm very happy that it stole your heart, and very sorry as well.

I had no choice though - I wasn't doing all the graphics for Restless, and it was a big game, so it needed a lot of funding, which I could not get. Its fate was inevitable really.

I had to switch to something I could do by myself - hence, C:CWW.
I agree with you, and from the facts you stated, it's totally understandable. Maybe you should give the project to some bigger developer...? I really would like to see how the strory unfolds! Btw: The reason why the screenshots stole my heart is the environment. I love exploring abandoned buildings... and those there were, alright, in the screenshots, i mean
Old 03-22-2012, 08:48 AM   #14
She Wants Revenge

I am mostly pissed about Culpa Innata II. Is there any hope they would pick it up?
Old 03-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #15
Advie.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenia View Post
I am mostly pissed about Culpa Innata II. Is there any hope they would pick it up?
add to that The sequel to The Tale of Bingwood

Old 03-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventurere No.1 View Post
add to that The sequel to The Tale of Bingwood
Yes! Definitely! I totally forgot that. It makes me so mad that I never got to wander in the shady forest... It's so frustrating...