Adventure Forums

Adventure Forums (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/)
-   Adventure (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/)
-   -   [Our project] The Island of Earthly Delights [Puzzle Point & Click] (https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/30630-%5Bour-project%5D-island-earthly-delights-%5Bpuzzle-point-click%5D.html)

antipirina 03-11-2012 02:31 PM

[Our project] The Island of Earthly Delights [Puzzle Point & Click]

Hi everyone, I'm Santiago from Antennaria Games, I've been working on this game for a while and I'd like all of you to test it.
It's the first chapter of the game, and is still on beta phase.

So here is the link:
http://www.antennariagames.com/indie...rthly-delights

Storyline:
After experiencing shipwreck, an old fisherman finds himself stranded on an unknown island. Looking for a way home, he will have to deal with its mysteries...

Fell free to tell me what you think.
And if you want you can answer me these questions
How long did it take you to complete it?
Did you find any bug?
Is it too difficult or too easy?
Any other comments are welcome!

Thank you very much!

@antennariagames

Squirlygirl 03-12-2012 02:19 AM

I really like this game , the style of it reminds me of Machinarium and Samorost. Very unique world. I got stuck fairly quick
Spoiler:
I have a red pipe, I've tryed clicking it onto everything, Now I have found some flowers and put them with the pipe,I also have a stone didnt see the stone, happened to click on it by accident

The music/sound effects are really nice and fit well.

Spoiler:
Does anyone know what to do with the pipe that has flowers in it? What do you do at the gardener section? :)

Agustin 03-12-2012 04:08 AM

Santiago de Matos Lima?? Or another Santiago?

antipirina 03-12-2012 09:00 AM

Thanks! we love Amanita too, we still want to make something different thought.
Spoiler:
Now use the stone in the plant over the Gardener's house.

(I'm not Santiago de Matos Lima)

Castledoque 03-12-2012 10:04 AM

The atmosphere, the music and the animations were really nice.
However I didn't like the randomness of the puzzles. Trying different things with my inventory items until something works is not my idea of enjoyable puzzles. I much prefer solving puzzles by thought. Also I think when a game takes place in a wacky world some effort should be put into explaining the rules of this world's wackiness. Subtle hints should be integrated into the gameplay that would give clues as to what we should do in each situation and why. It would also make the world feel more organic and more alive than just an excuse for solving puzzles.

antipirina 03-13-2012 10:15 AM

@Castledoque: yes you're right. When it comes the time to write the walkthrough those things go around in your head. But is the experience that make them work in the game. We don't have experience, so...we're paying for that. Thanks for trying the game an comment.

harald 03-17-2012 05:58 AM

I kind of agree with Castledoque, but at the same time I think the random puzzles are mostly fine. They are usually funny, and since you don't have too many alternatives you can usually get by on guessing. What the game really needs is some feedback over hot spots, such as the cursor turning into a hand or something when it's over a clickable area.

The game looks and sounds very nice and I look forward to seeing more of it. I'm currently stuck with
Spoiler:
the music box, garden tools and the shackle. I gave the fruit to the stone but didn't seem to get anything in return. Lousy ungrateful stone!

antipirina 03-17-2012 07:31 AM

@harald: that's exactly what we're working now. And we agree with the randomness of the puzzles. We intended to make it not so easy, but trying it here with 'real players' we suddenly noticed the randomness. So we're going to put a cursor of what you can click on, we're going to put more clues, dialogs, etc.
Thanks for playing!
Spoiler:
Now, you have to take the spade and dig where the stone are pointing to.

Dara100 03-18-2012 10:32 AM

Cute game but I may have hit a bug.

Spoiler:
I hit the tree but can't take the spade or shears. He just shakes (uses?) them and puts them down again. I went up the ladder first, if that's any help.

harald 03-21-2012 03:17 AM

Dara100, it's not a bug. He just can't fit the tools in his pocket. :)

antipirina 03-26-2012 06:56 AM

@Dara100, @harald: that's right, isn't the animation clear? looks like he 's scratching himself?

harald 03-26-2012 07:49 AM

Maybe it's not immediately clear what he's trying to do. I think I had to think about it for a few minutes before it came to me.

antipirina 03-26-2012 09:56 AM

@harald: ok, thank you! I put on the list...(the huge list of changes :frusty:)

smellysally 04-01-2012 08:21 AM

i liked it! :9~

smellysally 04-01-2012 08:25 AM

Spoiler:
I didn't end it probably.. got stuck with the steel shackle
:)

antipirina 04-01-2012 02:35 PM

@smellysally: I'm glad you liked it.

Spoiler:
Now take the spade and the scissors the same way you took the steel shackle, and the rest of the actions continue in only one screen: the one with the snoring man.