You are viewing an archived version of the site which is no longer maintained.
Go to the current live site or the Adventure Gamers forums
Adventure Gamers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #1

Default Your collection

Does anyone collect a certain video game serie or games

I got addicted to Myst.....or probably Obsessed with it.

Here is my collection: http://www.mystmuseum.com/
Old 02-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
Stalker of Britain

Oh wow, love your collection. I'd really love to get my hands on some of those t-shirts, but I don't think they're around anymore.
Currently Playing-Trine 2
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
Grue Master

Fantastic

That is a great collection and a terrific web site. As a fellow Myst world lover, thank you for showing us this
Old 02-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #4
Senior Passer-by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystriven View Post
Here is my collection
Is it only me or you have a thing for (anything even remotely related to) Myst?
Name:  opanachke.gif
Views: 220
Size:  959 Bytes

Great site you have there!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #5
Grue Master

I just realized that you have everything related to Myst in your collection but I don't see any game boxes. Did I just miss them?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:27 AM   #6
Schättenjager

Nice,dedicated collection only lack of ages sculptures.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #7

@ Fantasysci5: You can see them pop up once in a while on eBay.

@ GreyFuss: I aint much into the game boxes unless they would be signed or sealed..then I'd get them.

@ Zobraks: Anything related to Myst I do collect.

@ Gabe: thanks
Old 02-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
Stalker of Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystriven View Post
@ Fantasysci5: You can see them pop up once in a while on eBay.
I just looked and they're expensive. There's a set with a calendar and mouspad and t-shirt that I'm interested in, but not for that price!
Games I Want-Kings Bounty: Warriors of the North!!!, Asylum, Last Crown, Braken Tor, Testament of Sherlock Holmes
Old 02-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasysci5 View Post
I just looked and they're expensive. There's a set with a calendar and mouspad and t-shirt that I'm interested in, but not for that price!
Well here, I'll help you on the T-shirt to start with.

Only one left
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Myst-III-E...item1e6b9fcf33

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Riven-The-Se...item29fe935e61
Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #10

Quote:
I know,the Gear for the Journey kit is expensive,but follow them closely and they will eventualy drop in price.

Another post will follow (till the mods approve of it) with 2 Myst T-shirt you can get on eBay.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:13 AM   #11
Stalker of Britain

I am a mod, and I've approved it. (The reason it becomes moderated is because it was a link, and the site tries to catch any spam-new members with links).

Thank you for the links. Too bad the Riven one isn't of the dagger that you have on your site. I would also love the Squee one from Exile and the Myst Island one, but I'm poor, so I'll keep dreaming.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #12

Quote:
I am a mod, and I've approved it. (The reason it becomes moderated is because it was a link, and the site tries to catch any spam-new members with links).

Thank you for the links. Too bad the Riven one isn't of the dagger that you have on your site. I would also love the Squee one from Exile and the Myst Island one, but I'm poor, so I'll keep dreaming.
My pleasure for the links.
I'd love to get the squee one also but thats a rare one. :/
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 AM   #13

Mystriven,

It's funny you ask this question from my perspective. I recently got back into adventure gaming after a twenty year absence. Basically stopped gaming around 1993, although I did play a couple of Formula One games - almost exclusively - up to the year 2000, when my computer was fried by the Chernobyl virus.

In the last couple of months, I've hunted down every Sierra adventure game from King's Quest 1 to Gabriel Knight 3. I was a bit of Sierra "fan boy" back when I was a kid, and only knew about titles like The Secret of Monkey Island, Zak McKracken, Indiana Jones, et al. due to people writing into my local newspaper requesting hints and solutions for them. I didn't have anything per se against non-Sierra games, but when it came to adventure games... they more than kept me occupied. Plus you can get used to a certain standard, even though it evolves bit by bit over the years.

My collection is:

All King's Quests (talkies for 5, 6, 7, and 8)
All Space Quests (talkies for 4 and 6)
All Police Quests (talkie for 4, and even decided to get all later SWAT stuff which I know is only very loosely connected...)
All Leisure Suit Larrys (talkies for 6 and 7)
All Quest for Glorys (talkies for 4 and 5)
All Laura Bows (talkie for Dagger of Amon Ra)
All Gabriel Knights (not sure about non-talkie iterations here, but I have voice acting for them all)
All Conquests
All Manhunters
Codename: Iceman
And recently I discovered Freddy Pharkas and Goldrush from my research (and Gabriel Knight series). Got them both, and the talkie for Freddy Pharkas.

So many of the above are going to be "brand new" games for me, so it's great to be revisiting both old and new ground. And I had never played a talkie version before.

While I have done a fair bit of research, if anyone can name a Sierra title where you have points, either a point and click interface or text parser, and you control a third person character, I would love to hear them!

My research also compelled me to acquire:

Both Longest Journeys
All Broken Swords (and Beneath a Steel Sky)
Both Syberias (and Amerzone is also on the disc)
All the Adventure Soft Simon the Sorcerers (for now) and The Feeble Files
And all Monkey Islands
And just last night I secured a copy of Grim Fandango

It's interesting to note that I stopped gaming around when point and click became the Sierra standard. I know this has been discussed in this forum before, but having to imagine what a conversation topic might be rather than simply selecting it... well, no comparison. I preferred text parsers overall (routine frustrations notwithstanding), but conversations being completely and utterly dumbed down was something I never really warmed to (back then). Now, I'll just focus on the stories and other gameplay elements.

Come to think of it, they could have kept the text parser for conversations! And then just made everything else point and click... But retrospectively, I do largely see point and click as being a natural evolution. And I do remember being blown away by King's Quest V!

As you can see, I don't exactly need any further game recommendations for now! But I am curious if I missed something Sierra wise (with the above criteria).

So yes, definitely a Sierra collector.

These sources served me well: ebay, amazon, Good Old Games, ozgameshop.com (UK), and Steam.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:08 AM   #14

Very nice site, but no boxes? I could never part with mine. They don't take up much room when opened at both ends and flattened. I have over a thousand now (along with the games, of course) and almost 350 sealed/unopened ones including two Alice: An Interactive Museum that were a steal.

This thread made me want to see my cute little squee again. I keep my odd or oversized boxes like the Gabriel Knight triangle and the Cosmology of Kyoto Red Box and games that have trinkets or journals seperately. The game jewel boxes are lined up on walls around my computer since my original plan was to play every game. I've played and finished almost 500 over the years but now don't have the time. I do however install every game (the sealed ones have duplicates) and play at least a few minutes. The best ones I finish.

I use Virtual Machine on an XP computer and surprisingly only a handful can still not be played. Thank $diety for terabyte drives!

Can't wait for retirement (not for quite a while) as I know what I'll be doing!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 AM   #15

Leisure Suit Larry. I think my favourite item is having unopened copies of the original Leisure Suit Larry playguides from Sierra. Also, a boxed copy of The Laffer Utilities that came out of no where.